New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

5 hours ago, Mercury Eff said:

Hi! I'm Mercury. I've started reading fanfiction in early teens and then got sucked into everything related to gay fiction. I have been writing it for quite a while, though I've been suffering from a pretty serious writer's block for the last two years. I've spent the pandemic basically staying locked in and trying to produce something between working and being bored out of my mind, but none of the new concepts lasted, so I'm trying a different angle and translating my old work into English, because why not. You all seem like a nice bunch, so I would like to start publishing here after I check what you've got to read and probably get sucked in again. Now I have done a bit of translating before (fanfiction mostly), even if only the other way around (English to Polish), but I am not a professional translator and English is far from being my first language. But so far I'm pretty happy about it and happiness must be shared.

Nice to meet you all, I'm going exploring. 

Hello, Mercury! I’m glad you joined. Welcome! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mercury Eff said:

Hi! I'm Mercury. I've started reading fanfiction in early teens and then got sucked into everything related to gay fiction. I have been writing it for quite a while, though I've been suffering from a pretty serious writer's block for the last two years. I've spent the pandemic basically staying locked in and trying to produce something between working and being bored out of my mind, but none of the new concepts lasted, so I'm trying a different angle and translating my old work into English, because why not. You all seem like a nice bunch, so I would like to start publishing here after I check what you've got to read and probably get sucked in again. Now I have done a bit of translating before (fanfiction mostly), even if only the other way around (English to Polish), but I am not a professional translator and English is far from being my first language. But so far I'm pretty happy about it and happiness must be shared.

Nice to meet you all, I'm going exploring. 

Welcome to Gay Authors, @Mercury Eff! I look forward to reading some of your work. :yes:

• Like 1

Hello. I came back. You can call me Clint. I joined gay authors way back in 2011 and then I strayed away for a long time. Honestly, I kind of forgot about this site. Something made me think of it the other day and so I came back to see if it was still here. Yeap, it is. The few stories that I posted back then are gone now. My membership had expired. I just renewed. I see the place has been spruced up a bit. Looks nice. Be nice to meet some new folks.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, cehammock said:

Hello. I came back. You can call me Clint. I joined gay authors way back in 2011 and then I strayed away for a long time. Honestly, I kind of forgot about this site. Something made me think of it the other day and so I came back to see if it was still here. Yeap, it is. The few stories that I posted back then are gone now. My membership had expired. I just renewed. I see the place has been spruced up a bit. Looks nice. Be nice to meet some new folks.

Welcome back, @cehammock! :) 

• Site Administrator
8 hours ago, cehammock said:

Welcome back!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 3:13 PM, Marty said:

Welcome to Gay Authors, @Mercury Eff! I look forward to reading some of your work. :yes:

dear Mercury,  English may not be your mother tongue, but it's way better than, I have to say, the English of many natives - at least the ones publishing here. So please DO continue to submit...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, petrus said:

dear Mercury,  English may not be your mother tongue, but it's way better than, I have to say, the English of many natives - at least the ones publishing here. So please DO continue to submit...

Thank you, @petrus, that's really nice to hear. I'm a little self-conscious about it, as I've always paid a lot of attention to linguistic correctness, which is twice as hard while using a language you don't feel so comfortable with. So it's good to know that I'm not butchering the English language too much. And no worries, I'm definitely going to keep publishing. 

Though I have to say that there is a lot of very high-quality writing on this site, both in aesthetics and language, especially for the internet standards. But I might not catch the mistakes as easily while reading. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, toyboyy said:

Hello! I'm not new, but I was just reading, and didn't write anything here, but anyway, I really like this community!

Always happy to hear about a new-ish member becoming more active! Welcome to the neighborhood!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Opus said:

Hey everyone, Newbie here. My name is Opus, nice to meet you. (yeah Opus, blame my dad)

New here, just joined although been reading on here since I was 16. I hope that ain't illegal. Just wanted to say hello. Not sure If i'm in the right place. I think I am.

I'm from NSW, Aus

Good to meet you all. I read everything so easily pleased and low maintenance.

Everyone has pictures already, is that like a requirement? 

Welcome, Opus!  :) :)

Happy reading.:read:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Opus said:

Hey everyone, Newbie here. My name is Opus, nice to meet you. (yeah Opus, blame my dad)

New here, just joined although been reading on here since I was 16. I hope that ain't illegal. Just wanted to say hello. Not sure If i'm in the right place. I think I am.

I'm from NSW, Aus

Hi! Good to meet you :) It’s not a requirement to have a profile image. Welcome and happy reading!

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Opus said:

I'm from NSW, Aus

Hi, Opus! Congratulations on joining GA. It took me a while too, but it's worth it to be able to interact and comment on stories. Cheers... Gary....

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Opus said:

I'm from NSW, Aus

Welcome to GA

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Opus said:

I'm from NSW, Aus

I’m glad you’re here on GA. Hope you enjoy being here. 

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SnowBear said:

Hello everyone, I've been reading here since 08 on my mom's windows 98 lol 13 years later I'm still here. Just decided to become official in 2017 though. I've dreamed of trying to write something on here but i only have a smartphone and the only stories I've ever written have been pencil and paper. Technology is just not my thing.

Hey, Snowbear! Technology was never my thing either, but where there's a will, there's a way. Welcome, and I hope you give writing a go. Cheers! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Welcome to GA, @SnowBear! I love handwritten stories! I've read a couple that my dad wrote back in his high school years, and since then, I've found most handwritten works are very well-told. Hopefully we'll be able to read them here one day. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2021 at 12:57 AM, SnowBear said:

Hello everyone, I've been reading here since 08 on my mom's windows 98 lol 13 years later I'm still here. Just decided to become official in 2017 though. I've dreamed of trying to write something on here but i only have a smartphone and the only stories I've ever written have been pencil and paper. Technology is just not my thing.

The first story I ever wrote, which is posted on this site, was written on my phone. What a growing experience. It’s a labor of love for sure!

Hopefully we get to read some of your work soon!

• Like 4