Headstall Posted May 22 Posted May 22 2 hours ago, Gonzalo Sollu said: Hello! My name is Gonzalo Soler and I would love to read your stories and share mine! Currently writing a gay fantasy story about warriors and demons. Welcome, Chalo! We can always use more readers and writers. Cheers... Gary 4
Popular Post Former Member Posted May 28 Popular Post Posted May 28 Hi everyone, I’m Carl, and I’m new to Gay Authors. I’ve recently started posting my first book here, so I’m still finding my feet — both with the site and with sharing my writing properly for the first time. I mostly write character-led contemporary queer fiction with messy feelings, complicated attraction, bad decisions, humour, and the occasional emotional gut-punch. I’m drawn to stories about people who want love, but don’t always know what to do with it when it appears. Looking forward to getting to know people, reading more stories, and being part of the community. Thanks for having me! 6 1
chris191070 Posted May 28 Posted May 28 1 minute ago, CarlAccolla said: Hi everyone, I’m Carl, and I’m new to Gay Authors. I’ve recently started posting my first book here, so I’m still finding my feet — both with the site and with sharing my writing properly for the first time. I mostly write character-led contemporary queer fiction with messy feelings, complicated attraction, bad decisions, humour, and the occasional emotional gut-punch. I’m drawn to stories about people who want love, but don’t always know what to do with it when it appears. Looking forward to getting to know people, reading more stories, and being part of the community. Thanks for having me! Welcome to GA 4
Site Administrator Myr Posted May 28 Site Administrator Posted May 28 3 hours ago, CarlAccolla said: Hi everyone, I’m Carl, and I’m new to Gay Authors. Thanks for having me! Welcome to Gay Authors! 5
Popular Post Kileoli Posted May 28 Popular Post Posted May 28 4 hours ago, CarlAccolla said: Hi everyone, I’m Carl, and I’m new to Gay Authors. I’ve recently started posting my first book here, so I’m still finding my feet — both with the site and with sharing my writing properly for the first time. I mostly write character-led contemporary queer fiction with messy feelings, complicated attraction, bad decisions, humour, and the occasional emotional gut-punch. I’m drawn to stories about people who want love, but don’t always know what to do with it when it appears. Looking forward to getting to know people, reading more stories, and being part of the community. Thanks for having me! Hi Carl, Welcome to GA. 6
Headstall Posted May 28 Posted May 28 7 hours ago, CarlAccolla said: Hi everyone, I’m Carl, and I’m new to Gay Authors. I’ve recently started posting my first book here, so I’m still finding my feet — both with the site and with sharing my writing properly for the first time. I mostly write character-led contemporary queer fiction with messy feelings, complicated attraction, bad decisions, humour, and the occasional emotional gut-punch. I’m drawn to stories about people who want love, but don’t always know what to do with it when it appears. Looking forward to getting to know people, reading more stories, and being part of the community. Thanks for having me! Welcome, Carl. This community is a great one. Cheers! Gary 5
Popular Post BendtedWreath Posted May 28 Popular Post Posted May 28 @CarlAccolla I see you've managed to figure out how to change your group from Member to Author and posted a couple of chapters on your first story already. That's already a great start! I'm looking forward to reading some of your work (though it might take me longer than most, as I have a very long reading list to work through). The advice I have at the moment: * Try to ensure the chapters are as edited as possible before posting them. * Be patient with uploading your first several stories (I'd say plan at least two days in advance of the actual day you want a chapter to go "live"), as the chapters do have to go through the moderation list first, and then you have to remember to hit the "publish" button after they've been approved (I myself have forgotten this on more than one occasion). * Read all event details carefully, as there is a different method of posting per event. Whenever you are ready to participate in an event, that is. * Don't ever be afraid to reach out to the moderators for help (or even other members such as myself). Either way, welcome to GA! 7
Popular Post Former Member Posted May 28 Popular Post Posted May 28 1 minute ago, BendtedWreath said: @CarlAccolla I see you've managed to figure out how to change your group from Member to Author and posted a couple of chapters on your first story already. That's already a great start! I'm looking forward to reading some of your work (though it might take me longer than most, as I have a very long reading list to work through). The advice I have at the moment: * Try to ensure the chapters are as edited as possible before posting them. * Be patient with uploading your first several stories (I'd say plan at least two days in advance of the actual day you want a chapter to go "live"), as the chapters do have to go through the moderation list first, and then you have to remember to hit the "publish" button after they've been approved (I myself have forgotten this on more than one occasion). * Read all event details carefully, as there is a different method of posting per event. Whenever you are ready to participate in an event, that is. * Don't ever be afraid to reach out to the moderators for help (or even other members such as myself). Either way, welcome to GA! Thank you for the tips! 6
Popular Post Kevin Snell Posted July 25 Popular Post Posted July 25 I'm Kevin. I'm usually better at joining a conversation halfway through than starting one. I write books, move around more than is probably reasonable, take too many photographs, and live in Colombia with a golden retriever who's already decided he runs the place. I'm here to meet interesting people, share my writing, read what everyone else is working on, and occasionally say something useful. 5 2
Popular Post CassieQ Posted July 25 Popular Post Posted July 25 35 minutes ago, Kevin Snell-Author said: I'm Kevin. I'm usually better at joining a conversation halfway through than starting one. I write books, move around more than is probably reasonable, take too many photographs, and live in Colombia with a golden retriever who's already decided he runs the place. I'm here to meet interesting people, share my writing, read what everyone else is working on, and occasionally say something useful. Welcome on board! 2 4
Headstall Posted July 25 Posted July 25 1 hour ago, Kevin Snell-Author said: I'm Kevin. I'm usually better at joining a conversation halfway through than starting one. I write books, move around more than is probably reasonable, take too many photographs, and live in Colombia with a golden retriever who's already decided he runs the place. I'm here to meet interesting people, share my writing, read what everyone else is working on, and occasionally say something useful. Welcome, Kevin, and good luck to you. Cheers! Gary 3 2
chris191070 Posted July 25 Posted July 25 6 hours ago, Kevin Snell-Author said: I'm Kevin. I'm usually better at joining a conversation halfway through than starting one. I write books, move around more than is probably reasonable, take too many photographs, and live in Colombia with a golden retriever who's already decided he runs the place. I'm here to meet interesting people, share my writing, read what everyone else is working on, and occasionally say something useful. Welcome to GA 2 2
Kevin Snell Posted July 25 Posted July 25 6 hours ago, Kevin Snell-Author said: I'm Kevin. I'm usually better at joining a conversation halfway through than starting one. I write books, move around more than is probably reasonable, take too many photographs, and live in Colombia with a golden retriever who's already decided he runs the place. I'm here to meet interesting people, share my writing, read what everyone else is working on, and occasionally say something useful. Thank you everyone! Working on getting my first book up as we speak! 4
sandrewn Posted July 25 Posted July 25 1 hour ago, Kevin Snell-Author said: Thank you everyone! Working on getting my first book up as we speak! Best wishes! 2 2
Kevin Snell Posted July 26 Posted July 26 On 7/25/2026 at 1:48 AM, Kevin Snell said: Thank you everyone! Working on getting my first book up as we speak! My first chapter is up if anyone is looking for Sunday distraction. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! How We Became Ourselves ❤️ - KS 4
Jatez Posted July 29 Posted July 29 Howdy all. New here. Interested in writing short stories in the genres of gay romance, erotica, etc. I also signed up so I can read existing stories written by this community. Thanks for having me. 3 2
Site Administrator Myr Posted July 29 Site Administrator Posted July 29 21 minutes ago, Jatez said: Howdy all. New here. Interested in writing short stories in the genres of gay romance, erotica, etc. I also signed up so I can read existing stories written by this community. Thanks for having me. Welcome to Gay Authors! 3 1
Headstall Posted July 29 Posted July 29 46 minutes ago, Jatez said: Howdy all. New here. Interested in writing short stories in the genres of gay romance, erotica, etc. I also signed up so I can read existing stories written by this community. Thanks for having me. Welcome and good luck! Gary 4
chris191070 Posted July 29 Posted July 29 2 hours ago, Jatez said: Howdy all. New here. Interested in writing short stories in the genres of gay romance, erotica, etc. I also signed up so I can read existing stories written by this community. Thanks for having me. Welcome to GA 2 1
Popular Post GeeTwo Posted August 4 Popular Post Posted August 4 Salutations! I struggle with this introduce yourself stuff. I am green in the world of writing. I have done short stories but only every showed them to friends or college professors. In my youth I was an avid reader. Sadly, I fell prey to adulthood and left reading behind. Due to surgeries, I have ample time to read. Horror is by far my favorite genre. Steven King is the fist word in the horror genre. while I have respect for his craft and many of his stories, I would not call myself a devoted fan. H.p. Lovecraft, Poe, Kevin J. Kennedy, James Lefebure, Nic Brady, and James Kaine. My horror preferences are eclectic, spanning everything from slow-burn psychological tension, to grounded realistic terror, to the the super natural, and everything in between. Drawn to all corners of the genre, my creative roots are deep in supernatural, psychological, and grounded realism horror. Sadly, some of the medication I take contributes to brain fog and stifles my creativity, but I am navigating my way through this haze and slowly reclaiming my creative voice. I think that will do for an introduction. I look forward to exploring, chatting, reading, and posting. Thanks! 2 7
Headstall Posted August 4 Posted August 4 7 minutes ago, GeeTwo said: Salutations! I struggle with this introduce yourself stuff. I am green in the world of writing. I have done short stories but only every showed them to friends or college professors. In my youth I was an avid reader. Sadly, I fell prey to adulthood and left reading behind. Due to surgeries, I have ample time to read. Horror is by far my favorite genre. Steven King is the fist word in the horror genre. while I have respect for his craft and many of his stories, I would not call myself a devoted fan. H.p. Lovecraft, Poe, Kevin J. Kennedy, James Lefebure, Nic Brady, and James Kaine. My horror preferences are eclectic, spanning everything from slow-burn psychological tension, to grounded realistic terror, to the the super natural, and everything in between. Drawn to all corners of the genre, my creative roots are deep in supernatural, psychological, and grounded realism horror. Sadly, some of the medication I take contributes to brain fog and stifles my creativity, but I am navigating my way through this haze and slowly reclaiming my creative voice. I think that will do for an introduction. I look forward to exploring, chatting, reading, and posting. Thanks! Great introduction, GeeTwo! Welcome to GA, and good luck with your creative rebirth. Cheers! Gary 4
chris191070 Posted August 4 Posted August 4 42 minutes ago, GeeTwo said: Salutations! I struggle with this introduce yourself stuff. I am green in the world of writing. I have done short stories but only every showed them to friends or college professors. In my youth I was an avid reader. Sadly, I fell prey to adulthood and left reading behind. Due to surgeries, I have ample time to read. Horror is by far my favorite genre. Steven King is the fist word in the horror genre. while I have respect for his craft and many of his stories, I would not call myself a devoted fan. H.p. Lovecraft, Poe, Kevin J. Kennedy, James Lefebure, Nic Brady, and James Kaine. My horror preferences are eclectic, spanning everything from slow-burn psychological tension, to grounded realistic terror, to the the super natural, and everything in between. Drawn to all corners of the genre, my creative roots are deep in supernatural, psychological, and grounded realism horror. Sadly, some of the medication I take contributes to brain fog and stifles my creativity, but I am navigating my way through this haze and slowly reclaiming my creative voice. I think that will do for an introduction. I look forward to exploring, chatting, reading, and posting. Thanks! Welcome to GA 3 2
Popular Post CassieQ Posted August 5 Popular Post Posted August 5 4 hours ago, GeeTwo said: Salutations! I struggle with this introduce yourself stuff. I am green in the world of writing. I have done short stories but only every showed them to friends or college professors. In my youth I was an avid reader. Sadly, I fell prey to adulthood and left reading behind. Due to surgeries, I have ample time to read. Horror is by far my favorite genre. Steven King is the fist word in the horror genre. while I have respect for his craft and many of his stories, I would not call myself a devoted fan. H.p. Lovecraft, Poe, Kevin J. Kennedy, James Lefebure, Nic Brady, and James Kaine. My horror preferences are eclectic, spanning everything from slow-burn psychological tension, to grounded realistic terror, to the the super natural, and everything in between. Drawn to all corners of the genre, my creative roots are deep in supernatural, psychological, and grounded realism horror. Sadly, some of the medication I take contributes to brain fog and stifles my creativity, but I am navigating my way through this haze and slowly reclaiming my creative voice. I think that will do for an introduction. I look forward to exploring, chatting, reading, and posting. Thanks! You sound cool. Welcome to GA! 5 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now