The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

@kbois Perhaps your boss has cognitive issues? Either that or he’s completely self-absorbed and the world only turns because he’s on it

In any case, he sounds like the kind of person who could use a good shake to clear the cobwebs out of his noggin. 

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@kbois Perhaps your boss has cognitive issues? Either that or he’s completely self-absorbed and the world only turns because he’s on it

In any case, he sounds like the kind of person who could use a good shake to clear the cobwebs out of his noggin. 

He's the poster child for adult ADHD. 

I've told him outright that he's like a puppy that's just woken up from a nap... bounces all over the place  and won't listen.

Came home and stress-ate a plate of nachos. First major backslide. 

The next week and half is going to be a major challenge to stay on track. 

• Like 4

Does anyone remember the cartoon Bloom County?

My vegetable slicer dicer thingy got delivered yesterday. My son put it on the counter in the kitchen. I left it there when I got home. My husband came home shortly after me. He went into the kitchen while I was in the living room. 

Hubby: Now what'd ya get from Amazon?

Me: a slicer thingy so I can chop up veggies easier 

Him: OK Opus.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

(For those not familiar Opus was the penguin from Bloom County who had an unnatural addiction to TV infomercials-he bought everything)

Happy Tuesday! Send positive energy my way so I can deal with my boss without smacking him on the nose with a rolled up newpsper!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
11 hours ago, kbois said:

He's the poster child for adult ADHD. 

I've told him outright that he's like a puppy that's just woken up from a nap... bounces all over the place  and won't listen.

Came home and stress-ate a plate of nachos. First major backslide. 

The next week and half is going to be a major challenge to stay on track. 

I often wondered if the people that worked for me had similar issues with me as a boss. I had some strict rules:

1. No pleasantries. 

2. Never be late, even by a minute.

3. Don't tell me you can't follow one of my instructions.

I remember one assistant told me he couldn't do what I told him to do.

I gave him the stare of death because what he really meant was that he "wouldn't" do what I told him. I do admit that occasionally I went a bit overboard but hey, it was my group and the last time anyone tried to tell me what to do Jimmy Carter was POTUS and little Stanny was my boss.

That worked about as well as Carter trying to get rid of the neutron weapons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As we're ranting....  Got an email at the literal end of day yesterday about an error in her pay -- for the ENTIRE SPRING SEMESTER.  Who doesn't balance their checkbook for 5 months????????   She had one class (of 3) cancelled, and one stayed active but w. 0 enrollment.  I never got any of that information so she's been paid for all three sections from Jan. through May.  My phone call w. Payroll is going to be fun this morning.  :(

Add to that the person who can't read/understand/remember conversations we had last summer about what his pay schedule is and that he is NOT and NEVER WAS on pay deferral the first semester he was hired. That one will be fun too.

• Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Site Moderator

Okay, so yesterday I ranted about by new nemesis, Strawberry Oatmeal Bars. My solution to “the incident” was to dump it all in a storage container and stick it in the fridge. 

I have to say, chilled Strawberry Oatmeal crumble is delicious for breakfast. So yay for happy accidents. :D 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, so yesterday I ranted about by new nemesis, Strawberry Oatmeal Bars. My solution to “the incident” was to dump it all in a storage container and stick it in the fridge.

I have to say, chilled Strawberry Oatmeal crumble is delicious for breakfast. So yay for happy accidents. :D 

That sounds like a made-in-heaven topping for Greek Yogurt.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

That sounds like a made-in-heaven topping for Greek Yogurt.

I’d agree with that assessment or even yogurt on top of the crumble, because it’s quite chunky.

I went the “have it plain” route first, so I could determine its true “tasty” factor before adding to it. I have banana chocolate yogurt in the fridge (Oikos) so that will be a part of tomorrow’s breakfast. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Another thing I pondered is the strawberry filling could be good on toast. Probably need more chia seeds to increase its thickness though, and don’t make a full batch as it’s a lot. 

Edit: and the fruit could be different - blueberries for example - whatever you like best. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Another thing I pondered is the strawberry filling could be good on toast. Probably need more chia seeds to increase its thickness though, and don’t make a full batch as it’s a lot. 

Edit: and the fruit could be different - blueberries for example - whatever you like best. 

yeah.. any fruit you like would work i think.. i need to make crackers and cream cheese strawberry muffins

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

cream cheese strawberry muffins

Sounds right up my alley. Decadent, but with Mike in mind I’m sure it’s a healthier version then I am imaging it could be. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Sounds right up my alley. Decadent, but with Mike in mind I’m sure it’s a healthier version then I am imaging it could be. 

it's one of Sasha's recipes.  so little sugar and lots of oats

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

it's one of Sasha's recipes.  so little sugar and lots of oats

Well then, you just know it’s on my “I have to try this” list. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

all this talk of food is making hungry, lol!

tortilla soup with naan & hummus today. a very multicultural lunch!

Oh, that sounds good. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah.. any fruit you like would work i think.. i need to make crackers and cream cheese strawberry muffins

I just watched the video.

Do you need to use coconut oil or can you substitute maple syrup? I’ve read a number of recipes that allow for this type of substitution, but the coconut oil has always been completely melted whereas, it still looks quite solid - though soft - in this video. 

• Like 1

You guys need to stop talking about food. Lunch today was a banana scarfed down in between tasks 1000657 and 1000658...... 

Y'all know I'm no longer religious in any way, shape or form. But.... sweet baby Jesus help me get thru the next two days without doing bodily harm to somebody!

My boss had a phone interview he was conducting in another room and with two shut doors he was still clear as a bell. 

Calgon take me away!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, kbois said:

You guys need to stop talking about food. Lunch today was a banana scarfed down in between tasks 1000657 and 1000658...... 

Y'all know I'm no longer religious in any way, shape or form. But.... sweet baby Jesus help me get thru the next two days without doing bodily harm to somebody!

My boss had a phone interview he was conducting in another room and with two shut doors he was still clear as a bell. 

Calgon take me away!!

ewwww bananas just no thanks

remember to breathe k and make an effort to keep your shoulders away from your ears consciously pull your shoulders down if you feel tense...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

ewwww bananas just no thanks

remember to breathe k and make an effort to keep your shoulders away from your ears consciously pull your shoulders down if you feel tense...

Thanks molly!

Breathing deep enough to suck all the oxygen from the immediate surrounding atmosphere. Lol!

I've been granted a reprieve. He's gone to the airport to pick up one of the Chicago peeps. I ran out to get some more fruit. Us lower managers are getting together for dinner tonight. Upper managers will be with the guy scheduled to do the training seminar.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I just watched the video.

Do you need to use coconut oil or can you substitute maple syrup? I’ve read a number of recipes that allow for this type of substitution, but the coconut oil has always been completely melted whereas, it still looks quite solid - though soft - in this video. 

use whatever fat you prefer.. coconut oil melts in the summer and is solid in winter.. i have a can of it.. i make popcorn with it

i use honey or maple syrup.. honey is sweeter than the maple syrup.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good to know about the sweetness factor as it’s not something I’ve considered. 

I can find these at the grocer’s, but so far haven’t seen where the coconut oil is, and it doesn’t help when they decide it’s a good time to rearrange their shelves. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

use whatever fat you prefer.. coconut oil melts in the summer and is solid in winter.. i have a can of it.. i make popcorn with it

I gave coconut oil to our dogs to combat their stinky breath (yes it worked). They were nuts about it for like a week and then wanted nothing to do with it. Now I've got a jar just sitting there because even if I liked the stuff I only used it for the dogs and never bothered to change spoons so...no thank you cross contamination! I should just throw it out. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..