The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah, we weren't allowed pets as kids ... Michael had Ripley when i met Him.  it broke my heart when we had to put him down.. i dont think i can do that again..

Yeah.... that's the hardest part. I wish dogs lifespans matched humans. It broke my heart to lose my first dig. Now  both of mine are getting older and I  know it's gonna hurt. But the joy and happiness they've brought us has made it worth it. 

I made it thru sales training today....wasn't too bad. 

One. More. Day!

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

that looks really nice..

it's very good! i doubled it and used 3 tomatoes & 2 serranos tonight

19 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Good lord that recipe calls for a lot of salt! Looks good, but I think I will be cutting back a bit when I try it.

yeah, i don't use that much and i use about 3 cloves of garlic thru the garlic press

• Like 4
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Kitt said:

The kennel we used when Buddy and Jake could not travel with us was run by a family member. Never had an issue like that. Just asked them "vacation with  Xxxx? They would grab their favorite toy and wait by the door.

Mine stay home. I have a dog sitter who comes 3x a day, plus we just put in a doggy door.. Our first dog we took everywhere with us. This trip we're flying and I will never put an animal on a plane. (Zeke is too big for the main cabin and Camden is too fat to fit under the seat in a carrier)

I'm in such a good mood today! I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

• Love 5

Hullo, awesome people. My skin is so tan from all the cycling. I'm hitting a hundred miles a week for now. 

Meanwhile, I did something really stupid. I tried to borrow via loan from the government and gave the wrong bank account. And I ended up adding an extra digit. Takes too much time to cancel the thing so I can re-apply for it. Ugh!. S-T-U-P-I-D. :facepalm:

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Hullo, awesome people. My skin is so tan from all the cycling. I'm hitting a hundred miles a week for now. 

Good for you, that’s an awesome achievement! 

Meanwhile, I did something really stupid. I tried to borrow via loan from the government and gave the wrong bank account. And I ended up adding an extra digit. Takes too much time to cancel the thing so I can re-apply for it. Ugh!. S-T-U-P-I-D. :facepalm:

As for this, file it under “crap happens” and realize it will be behind you soon enough. 

Take care, Solus. :hug: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

It's not stupid, it's just a mistake. We all make em. xo

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Um... this is interesting as F           and will make you grin.

OMFG....too damn cute! That alpaca! @mollyhousemouse is right... confused as heck!

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Amazing what you can teach a critter with the right treats.

Wonder if it works on kids? 🤣

Well..... we made it to Mass. Flight from BWI to BDL was 45 minutes late because they didn't have enough baggage handlers to load luggage. The pilots made up for it once in the air.... pedal to the metal and instead of an hour flight it was 45 min. So we only got in 20 minutes late. Still was after 11. 

The Airbnb we have is amazing. It's an old Tudor mansion that was converted into apartments. We're on the 3rd floor, the ceilings are slanted the floors are beautiful hardwood. It's huge. Absolutely charming! If you appreciate architecture you'd love it. 

Well I've been up since 5am... 20 hours and I'm ready for zzzzzz's

Goodnight all!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Good morning all. Happy Friday!

Don't know if I told you guys about how a customer found a cheaper (free) ride to the last dressage show, only to end up with a vet call when the horse panicked, the guy tried to strong arm the pony, he reared up and hit his head on the roof of the trailer. 

Well, said lady asked me how much per visit to "fix" the pony who will now not get on the trailer. I quoted a very low price, cover insurance and gas. 

Last night was second session. Silly lady paid me double what I quoted! I tried to return the overage but their whole crew ganged up on me!

Cheaper ain't always the best option ... go with the pros is the best thing to do sometimes.  And it sounds like it would have cost a lot less to begin with.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..