The Drop in Centre

26 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Haha ... it's snowing here!!! 

We went to bed last night with the AC on... the room we have was kinda stuffy. Froze our tails off this morning. The temp had dropped down into the upper 40s. Oops.

I absolutely love the quirky charm this place has. Wonky, uneven floors...everything creaks when you walk (sorry downstairs neighbors!). The heat is a mix of baseboards and cast iron radiators. The windows still have the old pulleys, although they've upgraded from rope to chains. Every room is oddly shaped and has slanted ceilings because of all the dormers. @MichaelS36, unfortunately you'd definitely hit your head on the ceilings. Not tall people friendly. 

The house was built in 1920 by an owner of one of the local paper mills. It escaped the tornado that blew thru 10 years ago. The mansion across the street got hit. It's all boarded up now. Gorgeous views of the Connecticut River Valley. 

I'm in my happy place. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Cheaper ain't always the best option ... go with the pros is the best thing to do sometimes.  And it sounds like it would have cost a lot less to begin with.

Yup. My fee for that particular would have been $75. Vet farm call $175 plus the analgesics and antibiotics.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Kitt said:

Good morning all. Happy Friday!

Don't know if I told you guys about how a customer found a cheaper (free) ride to the last dressage show, only to end up with a vet call when the horse panicked, the guy tried to strong arm the pony, he reared up and hit his head on the roof of the trailer. 

Well, said lady asked me how much per visit to "fix" the pony who will now not get on the trailer. I quoted a very low price, cover insurance and gas. 

Last night was second session. Silly lady paid me double what I quoted! I tried to return the overage but their whole crew ganged up on me!

Fixing stupid always costs more than doing it properly in the first place. This is a prime example of false economy. I'm glad that she realizes your value Kitt. Take the money. You know what they say about gift horses, right?

• Like 5

@Reader1810  i made the oatmeal jam squares, except i bought mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries) and made the chia jam with them...oh man that came out so nice! Lots of great flavour!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

@Reader1810  i made the oatmeal jam squares, except i bought mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries) and made the chia jam with them...oh man that came out so nice! Lots of great flavour!!

Mmmm... sounds delish. :D 

• Like 4

good afternoon friends

busy day for me, groceries, laundry, cleaning & meal prep. but it's a holiday weekend so it doesn't ALL have to be done by bedtime. luckily for me there are three sporting events to watch while i work.

hope your day is good

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

well dammit

Phil sprayed the yard for mosquitoes today but about 45 minutes ago the heavens opened 🌩🌩🌧🌧

just needed a couple more hours of dry. now He'll have to spray again when the lawn dries out again. right now it looks like we could raise koi out there.

hope everyone had a good day 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

We finally saw the sun today for the first time since we left Florida. Figures, only one more day left. 

Hope everyone is having a good week!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
33 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the almost daily rain, & lack of sun are beginning to affect my mood. we can't even really walk due to the storms & high humidity. what are some of the songs, artists, that you listen to to help? 

This is probably not what you’re looking for, but anytime it storms, and especially with thunder, this song instantly comes to mind. It’s upbeat, and it conjures fond thoughts of B, because he posted it first. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the almost daily rain, & lack of sun are beginning to affect my mood. we can't even really walk due to the storms & high humidity. what are some of the songs, artists, that you listen to to help? 

Oh, and his cover of Sounds of Silence is brilliant! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

This is my favorite version of this song!

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

This is my favorite version of this song!

Mine as well. 

2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Reader1810 thank you 💙 these are both on my playlist. i just love that Sounds of Silence cover. Thunder makes me want to get up. maybe i'll skip to them now

Glad I could improve your day, molly.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

It's back to being overcast today. The sun is supposed to peek in and out today. I'll believe it when I see it. It's been 5 days of cold, raw and rain. Hubby and I had a little spat this morning. Pretty sure the crappy weather contributed. 

I'll listen to anything upbeat or if I'm by myself I'll put my U2 playlist on. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

This is probably not what you’re looking for, but anytime it storms, and especially with thunder, this song instantly comes to mind. It’s upbeat, and it conjures fond thoughts of B, because he posted it first. 

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Have to admit the Disturbed version of SOS is just fantastic. I think I read that when Paul Simon heard it he was just floored by the execution. Obviously I've heard the Imagine Dragons on the radio, never saw the video. Not sure either video would be good for late night viewing, might induce some seriously weird dreams.

Oh and double jointed people have ALWAYS freaked me out!

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..