The Drop in Centre

4 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the almost daily rain, & lack of sun are beginning to affect my mood. we can't even really walk due to the storms & high humidity. what are some of the songs, artists, that you listen to to help? 

No offense meant to anyone else that posted, but you need some "Get up, scrape that s*^t off your shoes and get to dancing music."  So turn it up loud and get to dancing!  

https://youtu.be/iPUmE-tne5U

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, spyke said:

No offense meant to anyone else that posted, but you need some "Get up, scrape that s*^t off your shoes and get to dancing music."  So turn it up loud and get to dancing!  

oh that was fun!

it blended well with tbe thumping of Thunder & the moodiness of Sounds of Silence

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
45 minutes ago, spyke said:

I haven’t heard that one in ages, and yes, I used to play it a lot. :D 

• Like 3

Hope everything went well @mollyhousemouse

We made it back to Florida. Flights were fine, a little bumpy as we approached Sarasota. Had to wait on the tarmac for 15 minutes for another plane to leave the gate we were assigned to. 

It's bittersweet leaving Massachusetts. It's always going to be home. It was nice seeing family again. I met another friend last night for a 'quick' coffee and dessert.... two and a half hours later..lol. We’ve known each other since we were 12 and I hadn't seen in in about 4 years. It was good to catch up. 

Hope everyone is having a good week. It's back to work for me tomorrow...yuck. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Turns out it was door to door canvassing, and he would be expected to have one appointments set every two hours.

These kind of jobs in particular are very frustrating because who says yes to door to door soliciting nowadays? Not many I’d wager. Better luck next time Son Number Two.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@MichaelS36 @Mikiesboy @spyke @Reader1810 @Kitt @kbois

He thanks you for the good wishes. It was a long group interview and it wasn't at all what he anticipated. The position was "appointment setter" 
Turns out it was door to door canvassing, and he would be expected to have one appointments set every two hours.

Later, he got an email thanking him for going but that "the position was filled."

So, it's back to the drawing board for him.

I can only imagine the massive turnover that company has. Not only are door to door sales obsolete, nowadays it could be dangerous. These types of job postings are the worst kind of bait and switch. 

Good luck with his search!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Morning’

when it rains it pours … i have ignored a health challenge and stubborn me had put other people health issues first. It came to a head today and my Doctor gave me the riot act. My blood work came back bad. 

The blood work shows possible kidney failure. i have a doctors appointment later this week with a Kidney Doctor.

Waiting on what they tell me. 

Staying positive.

• Sad 5
14 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

when it rains it pours … i have ignored a health challenge and stubborn me had put other people health issues first. It came to a head today and my Doctor gave me the riot act. My blood work came back bad. 

The blood work shows possible kidney failure. i have a doctors appointment later this week with a Kidney Doctor.

Staying positive.

Sending positivity and good wishes your way rick. Please take care of yourself. 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Staying positive.

aww.. i'm sorry to hear you're not well ... sometimes we gotta think of ourselves first.. all the best, rick xoxo

• Like 5
10 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@MichaelS36 @Mikiesboy @spyke @Reader1810 @Kitt @kbois

He thanks you for the good wishes. It was a long group interview and it wasn't at all what he anticipated. The position was "appointment setter" 

Later, he got an email thanking him for going but that "the position was filled."

So, it's back to the drawing board for him.

He's better off without that.  Hopefully, something comes along soon.

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Staying positive.

I hope everything goes well for you rick. You're doing the right thing by staying positive. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Staying positive.

Sending :hug:stay positive 

• Like 5

Just wanted to stop in and saying Thank You for all the positive thoughts.

i had a talk with a nurse and had a lot of questions answered. like everyone your mind goes to the worse outcomes. she gave me a few web sites and some informational books. so thanks to her i’m in a better mood.

Thanks for being there for me.

Staying positive.

May you have a Good Night

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Friday.  Here's some simple, straightforward advise.

Getting there... one day at a time. 

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 5

I'm not sure if this link will work. My phone is a little wonky sometimes. 

This morning at work there was an egret hanging out on the base of the fountain in our lake. It's on a timer and yup....you guessed it. The fountain came on and the bird got a blast of water up the backside. Hopefully the link works. It was a pretty damn funny way to start the day! (No feathered friends were harmed in the making of this video😆)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HaCQ4SgZz8LfgMPL9

Happy Friday! 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..