Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 5 Author Popular Post Posted September 5 Happy Saturday. It's Labour Day weekend here in Canada. I was in bed by 10pm. That seems to work for me. I actually sleep, and i have a good 3 hours of quiet alone time in the morning. Michael is not an early sleeper like me, He is very much a night owl. It's all good. I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend whenever it starts. 8
Popular Post Kitt Posted September 5 Popular Post Posted September 5 Long weekend is exactly what I will have, but not the way most of you will. Three days, three different horse shows, total of 6 horses. 2 4 1
Popular Post kbois Posted September 5 Popular Post Posted September 5 I'm chilling out for a bit before throwing some sandwiches together for when hubs gets home. His mom made it out of the hospital and into a rehab nursing home. We're going to zip over there tonight and tomorrow morning. Gavel Sister 1 has headed to Rhode Island for the weekend and Gavel Sister 2 is who tf knows where. Probably went to their trailer in NH. I don't really care. I went through my MILs dresser and nightstand today. To say hoarder is being nice. 3 bags of clothes now are packed up. The Gavel Sisters can deal with them. It's stuff my MIL will never wear again. Two bags of trash and a full 8 gallon trash can of nothing but religious garbage (think "free" gift from the Sisters of Divine Solicitation in the form of a prayer book or devotion card) that went into the recycle bin. There was a tube of antibiotic ointment in her drawer that expired in 2008. Sigh. It's been a great reprieve though. My stress level has decreased immensely. Tomorrow we are going with my brother and his wife to a wine and craft fair. I'm looking forward to spending time with a sibling who is normal. Have a good night everyone! 1 5
Popular Post MichaelS36 Posted September 6 Popular Post Posted September 6 19 hours ago, kbois said: t's been a great reprieve though. I know, mainly through tim, that life has been a challenge since you returned from Florida. You're a good person, who, I believe has only ever tried to help, no matter what you say to the contrary. If your mother-in-law will end up remaining in the nursing home or hospital, I sincerely hope things remain peaceful. 6 1
Popular Post Gary L Posted September 6 Popular Post Posted September 6 So, the visit to my sister is concluding and tomorrow we head to the West of England, ending up on a cliff top at Lizard Point. My sister hasn’t been on good form and the dementia is more and more apparent, then suddenly this evening at dinner she was sparkling. My brother in law is amazingly patient with her. Also saw my great great niece, Peach, who is two in Jan. So sweet that she knew her wicked great uncle’s name- she’s been trained to get into my will!. 😛 1 4 3
Popular Post kbois Posted September 6 Popular Post Posted September 6 6 hours ago, MichaelS36 said: I know, mainly through tim, that life has been a challenge since you returned from Florida. You're a good person, who, I believe has only ever tried to help, no matter what you say to the contrary. If your mother-in-law will end up remaining in the nursing home or hospital, I sincerely hope things remain peaceful. Thanks. Today was a really good day. We visited his mom this morning and then spent the rest of the day with my brother and his wife. They are an island of sanity that is nice to visit. We went to a winery that had a craft fair going on. Despite a few showers, it was a beautiful day. We didn't buy much, some seasoning mixes and some beef jerky. All the rest of the booths were stuff we didn't need. We also went out for ice cream. Now we're at home just relaxing. It's so much calmer now. xo 1 7
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 7 Author Popular Post Posted September 7 Happy Monday. Yesterday was Michael's birthday, we went out for dinner and i baked him a little cake. No plans for today other than i have some celery to chop up for the freezer. I know...the excitement never ends around here. LOL. I think i will make myself finish seaming that sweater, it's not too hot atm, so holding woollen fabric won't be too bad! Have a nice day folks... “It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” —Mary Dunbar 10
Popular Post Cane23 Posted September 7 Popular Post Posted September 7 Happy birthday @MichaelS36! 🎂 3 6
Popular Post mollyhousemouse Posted September 7 Popular Post Posted September 7 It's Monday so Daughter will be here for dinner. Simple spaghetti and meatballs tonight. i actually did the groceries in person. Didn't order them online. Phil & i did it together. i remember why i don't like doing that. What a mess. It's been nice spending today with Him with nothing really to do. Have a great rest of your day 9
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 7 Author Popular Post Posted September 7 8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said: It's Monday so Daughter will be here for dinner. Simple spaghetti and meatballs tonight. i actually did the groceries in person. Didn't order them online. Phil & i did it together. i remember why i don't like doing that. What a mess. It's been nice spending today with Him with nothing really to do. Have a great rest of your day Nothing much open here today so we just hung around the house. Glad you had a nice day with Phil Sir. 1 5 1
Popular Post Kitt Posted September 8 Popular Post Posted September 8 Well, bang up way to end the long weekend. I am sitting @ equine clinic waiting for a customer to get her horse settled. At least the Mare didn't wait till 2 am to decide collic and a trip to the vet were in order. I should make it home before bedtime. Wish me luck! 1 6
Site Moderator Popular Post Reader1810 Posted September 8 Site Moderator Popular Post Posted September 8 2 hours ago, Kitt said: Well, bang up way to end the long weekend. I am sitting @ equine clinic waiting for a customer to get her horse settled. At least the Mare didn't wait till 2 am to decide collic and a trip to the vet were in order. I should make it home before bedtime. Wish me luck! It’s almost 12:30. I hope you are already back home, Kitt. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 3 3 2
Popular Post Kitt Posted September 8 Popular Post Posted September 8 Was on my way @ that point. Was 1 when I set my alarm and flopped over. Fortunately hubby had a doc apt this morning so we got to sleep an extra hour and a half. 7
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 8 Author Popular Post Posted September 8 Happy Tuesday.... Sweater...done. 7 1
Popular Post chris191070 Posted September 8 Popular Post Posted September 8 13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said: Happy Tuesday.... Sweater...done. That is gorgeous. 2 5
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 8 Author Popular Post Posted September 8 13 minutes ago, chris191070 said: That is gorgeous. Thanks, chris. It's for my MiL who asked for one. Just need her to try it on, so i can make the neck the right size for her. But otherwise it's finished...but i was thinking about making her a matching scarf with the leftover yarn i have. I probably will. 1 5
Popular Post kbois Posted September 8 Popular Post Posted September 8 33 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said: Happy Tuesday.... Sweater...done. That is my favorite color combination! Absolutely beautiful. 2 5
Site Moderator Popular Post Reader1810 Posted September 8 Site Moderator Popular Post Posted September 8 1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said: Happy Tuesday.... Sweater...done. It’s beautiful, tim. 🥰 Well done! 2 6
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 8 Author Popular Post Posted September 8 1 hour ago, kbois said: That is my favorite color combination! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks. i like those colours too. 1 5
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 8 Author Popular Post Posted September 8 (edited) 11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said: It’s beautiful, tim. 🥰 Well done! Thanks. That is made from acrylic, it's very soft. It's also a dk weight. I want to make one from wool for myself. However the wool is sport weight which is a little thinner.. i will have to do some math to figure out sizes. I've discovered you can never escape math. LOL The yarn i have comes from a woolen mill in NB that opened in 1916. It's a lovely colour called grey heather. You can see it here: https://briggsandlittle.com/product/sport/ It's rustic wool, you find bits of straw in it. It's so cool. You can feel the lanolin as well. I'll have to wear something under it but it'll be warm. Edited September 8 by Mikiesboy 7
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 9 Author Popular Post Posted September 9 It is Wednesday. Gonna try to get some cleaning done around here today, cuz i want to go out for a while tomorrow. Thursday i usually clean up and do laundry and stuff. Hope you're all doing well. “Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.” —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832) philosopher, scientist, author 2 4
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 11 Author Popular Post Posted September 11 Happy Friday... yesterday i went for my monthly ECT maintenance. They want to try every two months and see how it goes going forward. I've been better since starting it though, which is nice. The annoying voices i can just tell to shut up for the most part now. Anyway, today was get a haircut, do the groceries, cook some lamb chops and process apples for the freezer day. Now all i have to do is chill out and make some dinner in a few hours. Hope everyone is doing well! 10
Popular Post Kitt Posted September 11 Popular Post Posted September 11 Just back from my third run to the equine clinic this week. Mai, the receptionist there, thinks they should give me a room to nap in i am there so often! I made applesauce for the freezer yesterday. Today its 25 lbs of tomatoes on their way to sauce for the freezer. Tomorrow's plan is fresh corn for winter. 1 3 3
kbois Posted September 11 Posted September 11 2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said: Anyway, today was get a haircut, do the groceries, cook some lamb chops and process apples for the freezer day. Now all i have to do is chill out and make some dinner in a few hours. Hope everyone is doing well! 1 hour ago, Kitt said: Just back from my third run to the equine clinic this week. Mai, the receptionist there, thinks they should give me a room to nap in i am there so often! I made applesauce for the freezer yesterday. Today its 25 lbs of tomatoes on their way to sauce for the freezer. Tomorrow's plan is fresh corn for winter. I was proud I got out of bed this morning with only one extra snooze. It's one of those days where my "get up and go," got up and went. 4
Flip-Flop Posted September 11 Posted September 11 1 hour ago, kbois said: I was proud I got out of bed this morning with only one extra snooze. It's one of those days where my "get up and go," got up and went. I know, I felt the same way this morning. Then my watching the 9/11 attack remembrance coverage on tv, did not make my day any better. It all was just so sad. The news has been doing that alot lately (sadness). It is my hope is that others enjoyed a much better day! 💙 1 2
Recommended Posts