The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy The hemp hearts arrived and I had some on my granola cereal - very, very nice, they were. 

I was surprised at how tiny they were, though. For some reason, I thought they’d be bigger. I just reminded myself, I should have them with my yogurt today and see how that goes. 

Edit: Oh, and I hope you all have a wonderful day. :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy The hemp hearts arrived and I had some on my granola cereal - very, very nice, they were. 

I was surprised at how tiny they were, though. For some reason, I thought they’d be bigger. I just reminded myself, I should have them with my yogurt today and see how that goes. 

Edit: Oh, and I hope you all have a wonderful day. :) 

They are nice and i put them in bread and things. Not fond of them on my cereal, personally, only because they are tiny and stick to the bowl but Michael has them on His cereal.. there is a lot... ALOT of bowl scraping. He just smiles at me while He's doing that.  hehe.

Hope your day is nice too.. went out to the shop and wow, it's humid out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
20 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

He just smiles at me while He's doing that.  hehe.

I’d say he’s got a bit of the wee devil in him... :P 

As for me, I like it on my cereal as well, so bowl scraping is just going to have to be. ;)

I went grocery shopping this morning, and so far the air is fresh and delightfully cool with not a drop of humidity. I’ll try and send some of my nice weather your way.  Thunderstorms are forecasted for late afternoon, so the clear blue skies aren’t going to last, unfortunately. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope your day is nice too.. went out to the shop and wow, it's humid out there.

I dread going out at this time of year. Our humidity is probably here to stay until around October. I put my hair up I a ponytail when I walk the dogs and any stray strands end up in corkscrew curls by the time I get home. My hair is normally pretty straight. 

13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’d say he’s got a bit of the wee devil in him... :P 

Possibly just a tad! 🤏 🤭

Send some of your dry air this way!

I ordered some hemp hearts yesterday. Should be here tomorrow...... which means cooking/baking is on the agenda for Sunday.

• Like 3

@rickproehl i'm sorry to hear that you are facing another challenge. hang in there, remember to breathe. talking to the nurse was a positive step, knowledge is power they say. know we're here if you need to let off steam, or just need a smile. 

@Mikiesboy & @Reader1810 i still have so much chia seed left, i'll look at hemp hearts next.

it's cooler here today, more storms are forecast for this afternoon and the weekend. 

hope everyone has a good rest of your day.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@rickproehl i'm sorry to hear that you are facing another challenge. hang in there, remember to breathe. talking to the nurse was a positive step, knowledge is power they say. know we're here if you need to let off steam, or just need a smile. 

@Mikiesboy & @Reader1810 i still have so much chia seed left, i'll look at hemp hearts next.

it's cooler here today, more storms are forecast for this afternoon and the weekend. 

hope everyone has a good rest of your day.

thanks molly 

• Like 3

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Afternoon’

work needed to replace my laptop so it gave me 2 hours to kill. so i took advantage of this time. so had lunch in our city park and it felt great. Things are opening up here in town and more people are out. i’m still wearing my mask. 

So how are you doing?

Staying positive.

May you have a Good Day

4DB768A7-20B9-4FEB-B8B9-7B0D3E99AD14.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey Gang.

Thought you all might like to know I heard from JayT! He is alive and well, misses us, and is writing again. Is sending me the new chapter of the story real life put on hold. Said he will stop by when he has a few minutes.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael has them on His cereal.. there is a lot... ALOT of bowl scraping. He just smiles at me while He's doing that.  hehe.

Best bowl scraper is a tongue.  Just sayin'. 🤣

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Yes, my original choice likely would have gotten me banned.  So, I went for cute. 

Probably a smart choice. 

Can you at least give us a description? (Asking for a friend 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

Probably a smart choice. 

Can you at least give us a description? (Asking for a friend 🤣)

Dark, large horns, smoldering gaze, cut, leather ... well, trousers lets say. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..