The Drop in Centre

11 minutes ago, kbois said:

I gave coconut oil to our dogs to combat their stinky breath (yes it worked). They were nuts about it for like a week and then wanted nothing to do with it. Now I've got a jar just sitting there because even if I liked the stuff I only used it for the dogs and never bothered to change spoons so...no thank you cross contamination! I should just throw it out. 

Or mix it into their food?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to know about the sweetness factor as it’s not something I’ve considered. 

I can find these at the grocer’s, but so far haven’t seen where the coconut oil is, and it doesn’t help when they decide it’s a good time to rearrange their shelves. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where it would be ... i think some we found in the west indies section of the international section.. 

Yeah, something like sashas coconut macaroons i use honey in (they are sooo nice if you like coconut and my Husband does).. It's stickier and a bit sweeter.. so works well with these.. but in the pumpkin bread we rather have maple syrup.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I'm not sure where it would be ... i think some we found in the west indies section of the international section.. 

Yeah, something like sashas coconut macaroons i use honey in (they are sooo nice if you like coconut and my Husband does).. It's stickier and a bit sweeter.. so works well with these.. but in the pumpkin bread we rather have maple syrup.

Yes, I do like coconut.

My To try list is growing... :) 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes, I do like coconut.

i'll tell you now.. dont try to be neat with the coconut mixture.  They dont want to stick together ever.

So i added a drop of milk.. mixed it more. let it sit for a few minutes.. and then used one hand to squeeze the mixture together and gently put them down. I tried spoons etc. but just gave that up.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes, I do like coconut.

Coconut lands a close second to bell peppers in my life🤢. I  can do toasted coconut occasionally for some weird reason. But otherwise.... it's the texture that I'm not a fan of.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
51 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'll tell you now.. dont try to be neat with the coconut mixture.  They dont want to stick together ever.

So i added a drop of milk.. mixed it more. let it sit for a few minutes.. and then used one hand to squeeze the mixture together and gently put them down. I tried spoons etc. but just gave that up.

Forewarned is forearmed as the saying goes. Or did coconut not get that memo? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

This guy is a new favourite of mine. He’s making ratatouille which I love, though though his roasted red pepper sauce w pasta is a close second. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good to know about the sweetness factor as it’s not something I’ve considered. 

I can find these at the grocer’s, but so far haven’t seen where the coconut oil is, and it doesn’t help when they decide it’s a good time to rearrange their shelves. :rolleyes:

i found the coconut oil in the baking aisle & also in the organic health food section

• Like 1

so...... guess who doesn't have to cook dinner? if you said "well that's easy. molly doesn't!" you would be correct. i was at the office today, texted Number Two Son to take some ground beef out of the freezer this morning. got home, changed clothes & asked where it was. Number Two slapped his forehead & said "Well, I guess I'm buying dinner."

so yeah, no cooking for me tonight, lol!

Edited by mollyhousemouse
damned tiny phone keys
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

so...... guess who doesn't have to cook dinner? if you said "well that's easy molly doesn't!" you would correct. i was at the office today, texted Number Two Son to take some ground beef out of the freezer this morning. got home, changed clothes & asked where it was. Number Two slapped his forehead & said "Well, I guess I'm buying dinner."

that's a good deal

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

so...... guess who doesn't have to cook dinner? if you said "well that's easy. molly doesn't!" you would be correct. i was at the office today, texted Number Two Son to take some ground beef out of the freezer this morning. got home, changed clothes & asked where it was. Number Two slapped his forehead & said "Well, I guess I'm buying dinner."

That’s what I call a happy accident. :thumbup:

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

We had dinner on the big boss tonight and he wasn't even there! 😂Gotta love expense reports.

The manager who was expensing it wanted to go to Red Lobster. I had their new Sesame Soy Ginger Salmon....OMG! I could've made a meal out of the Brussel sprouts! Really good meal. Two glasses of wine went down easy too although the second one hit me halfway home....still feelin it. Passed my husband on the road....he didn't even realize it 🤭

Wine somehow inspired me to pick up a drill and fix the lock on the doggy door. Smh...I seriously have judgement issues when I'm buzzed. 

Still have to walk the doggos and pack....won't have much time tomorrow night. At least tomorrow I don't have to wake up until 6 (instead of 5). Training aaaaallllllll day...🙄😒😬🥱

Need more wine....

Enjoy your dinner molly!

• Like 2

Just checked the weather up north.... 60s during the day for the first few days.. 40s at night. I have sandals and flip flops. I'm not even sure if I have sneakers any more. Guess I'm bringing the cute ankle boots. At least we have sweatshirts and jackets!!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
26 minutes ago, kbois said:

Just checked the weather up north.... 60s during the day for the first few days.. 40s at night. I have sandals and flip flops. I'm not even sure if I have sneakers any more. Guess I'm bringing the cute ankle boots. At least we have sweatshirts and jackets!!

sweatshirts when it’s in the sixties? I’d be in -shirt. Just shows how differently we relate to the wether, eh? Heck, I’d be wearing a light jacket if I was going for a walk in the forties. 

PS: Have a great vacation! 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

sweatshirts when it’s in the sixties? I’d be in -shirt. Just shows how differently we relate to the wether, eh? Heck, I’d be in a T if I was going for a walk in the forties. 

The sweatshirt is for the 40s at night.... 60s in the day is my ideal temp! 

Plus we're staying in an old Tudor mansion that's been converted to apartments... those old houses usually have crap for insulation. The Airbnb has great ratings but the one common thread was that the radiator heating sucked. I figured end of May... who needs heat? 🙄😒

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, kbois said:

I figured end of May... who needs heat? 🙄😒

True, but the weather is fickle. Yesterday it was cold and windy. Today it was still windy, but it was also hot and humid with a high temp of 31C/87F. Luckily, it was mostly cloudy, because the sun would have had it feeling like it was much hotter.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I've 4141 notifications, so it's unlikely I'll be able to go through all of them, but bear with me and I'll catch up with everyone.

Chris

Good morning, Chris, it’s good to see you. As for the 4141 notifications? Yikes, that’s a lot of notifications.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Morning all.

I’ve been awake since at least 3 a.m. with the season’s first case of insomnia - oh joy.

I finally gave up and got up at 4 after the birds’ choir practice began. 

*sigh* 

See you all laterz...

Hope it’s a good one for you all. 

• Sad 3

Welcome back Chris.

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I finally gave up and got up at 4 after the birds’ choir practice began

How can those tiny creatures be so darn cheerful so early in the morning???

• Like 4
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Kidney treatment went well, just waiting for CT scan to see if I need a 2nd treatment.

Mostly sorted with Dad's estate, just got to wait for probate to be granted (3 - 6 months).

All things considered I've now got time to spare, so will be back on here. It will take me a few days to catch up, reading stories and leaving reviews.

I've 4141 notifications, so it's unlikely I'll be able to go through all of them, but bear with me and I'll catch up with everyone.

Chris

Welcome back Chris! I'm so happy that your kidney treatment went well. We've missed you!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Kidney treatment went well, just waiting for CT scan to see if I need a 2nd treatment.

Mostly sorted with Dad's estate, just got to wait for probate to be granted (3 - 6 months).

All things considered I've now got time to spare, so will be back on here. It will take me a few days to catch up, reading stories and leaving reviews.

Chris

Welcome back Chris! 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..