The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I do this as well, but I admit I still like using crayons over pencil crayons because I like how they glide across the page. Got myself a 64 pack with a sharpener. Always wanted that when I was young, so I’m guessing some part of me still does…

It is very relaxing, that’s for sure. 

These amazon basics ones are very smooth and don't wear out too quickly. Have had them for a while and haven't sharpened them yet. I'm surprised.

But crayons are cool, why not. It's artistic and relaxing. Paint by number too, would be nice i think.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

These amazon basics ones are very smooth and don't wear out too quickly. Have had them for a while and haven't sharpened them yet. I'm surprised.

But crayons are cool, why not. It's artistic and relaxing. Paint by number too, would be nice i think.

I do jigsaw puzzles on my tablet. There are really good apps for this with a huge collection of colourful puzzles. Jigsaw Bug is my fave, but I also like ones that have free daily puzzles, because I never know what I’m going to get. 

Good to know about the Amazon Basic pencils, because I realized after the fact that some colouring books are geared towards pencil use - regular crayons don’t adhere to the pages very well.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Amazon sells adult colouring books 

Google free coloring pages. There are lots that can be printed free that are suitable for adults. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Did anyone know colored pencils can be blended and shaded to look like water colors using a cotton swab and a little turpentine?

huh, i did not know that

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

Hope things go well for you @rickproehl!

Saw people talking about coloring and "mindless" things. My secret (until now) deal is I play a game online called Bingo Blitz when I want to zone out and relax. It's just relaxing to me for some reason.

I enjoy computer games when I need an escape -- something SP hasn't quite fit into reality yet. Been trying to explain I'm not ignoring him when I do this, I'm trying to de-stress so I don't snap at him.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Have you literally gone fishing?  I've not gone fishing for eons.  I hope you had a nice day, molly.

Well I think that is something you should correct forthwith! I bet tim could do wonders with a trout or two!

• Like 5

@spyke in spite of all the people, it really was beautiful. we'll go again & explore other parts of the river

@Kitt this is one of the only places in Texas for trout. there are lots of other species here. and tim could probably make shoe leather tasty 😀

back to reality today. hope everyone is doing well

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@spyke in spite of all the people, it really was beautiful. we'll go again & explore other parts of the river

@Kitt this is one of the only places in Texas for trout. there are lots of other species here. and tim could probably make shoe leather tasty 😀

back to reality today. hope everyone is doing well

Sounds like a great day molly! I'm trying to figure out where we can go for a quick getaway in Oct for our anniversary. I don't want to fly and I'd like to stay within a 4 or 5 hour drive. We did St. Augustine last year. 

I've always wanted to try deep sea fishing, so maybe I'll look at somewhere on the Georgia coast, perhaps Jekyll Island. 

Well, back to roasting veggies before taking my son to work. 

Have a good rest of your day. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I'm not sure what he'd say as he really doesn't like fresh water fish. Either do I really. 

But he has signed us up for Remarkable Rejects. A place that delivers a box of vegetables each week that cannot be sold in a grocery store because they are not pretty enough. Or they are an odd shape, too big or too small.  It's cheaper than the grocery store and supposed to be very fresh. Something our grocery stores struggles with. 

A couple of weeks ago, they had to be told about bags and bags of blue oranges. And no, they were not a new variety. 

We both love nearly all veg, so this could be fun. The deliver on Thursday and we shop on Friday, so that will work out well. 

I roasted 10 large baking trays if veggies today. I'm hoping they last 2 weeks. My son has finally decided to take eating healthy seriously. I really hope he sticks with it. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

A couple of weeks ago, they had to be told about bags and bags of blue oranges. And no, they were not a new variety. 

Wow, and I thought it was bad when you have to pick through oranges with soft spots. 

1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

We both love nearly all veg, so this could be fun. The deliver on Thursday and we shop on Friday, so that will work out well. 

Sounds like a great idea. Who cares what they look like as long as they taste good, right? 

So far - knock on wood - my grocer has always had good produce. Which is good for me because I’m trying to eat healthy which means avoiding prepackaged and/or food with a lot of preservatives.

I hope Remarkable Rejects work out for you and tim. :) 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..