The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello everyone.  Happy first day of July or Canada day as you see fit. 

Yesterday I got the total bill for Little Ones surgery and subsequent overnight stay in hospital back in spring.  Wanna guess? 

It's $17,691.47

Ha.  

Anyway now I wait to see what insurance will cover as we had some hiccup with insurance (he has 2, mine and his other mom's) so no idea what my out of pocket will be for that bill yet. 

Assuming both plans are 80/20 URC the out of pocket should come to roughly $800 , of which would be reduced again if you have met deductibles. Once you hit max out of pocket bills stop.  That's using rounded figures for fast math.

You will need to keep close tract of what is paid and what is not. Insurance companies often deny charges on general principles, depending on people just paying the difference, knowing many just don't want to bother filing an appeal 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Her new “mom and dad” dote on her, so she’s a happy dancing bird now.

Aww, that's great.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Aww, that's great.

There’s quite a few videos of her dancing on their channel. The way she prances around throwing up one or both wings to all different kinds of music is really precious. She truly is a happy girl now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, kbois said:

On a bright note, my husband got the job he applied for which should be much better, physically and certainly mentally for him. It's an overnight shift, but only 4 nights a week. 

Yay for hubby.

As for the bus thing, that’s happened to me as well. It really sucks when people do something so mean. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i hate it but when i screw something up and i have and i will again, i just go to my boss and say so. "I've made a mistake. I'm sorry."

The only response i've gotten from that is... okay, thanks for telling us, let's get this fixed.

I don't blame my shit on others.

I have no problem owning up to my own mistakes either, been there plenty of times.

I refuse to take the blame for someone else. 

She's in a snit because I hung up on her last week when she kept interrupting me while I was trying to answer a question she asked me. After being talked over 3 times I just hung up on her. 

Sorry, but if someone can't give me the common courtesy of listening.... then conversation is over. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I don't blame my shit on others.

The weird thing was she hadn’t done anything wrong. She asked me for information which I didn’t have. Her response was to tell the people asking for said information I refused to help her. To top it off, she cc’d me on the email otherwise I’d have never known she threw me under the bus. To this day, I can’t figure out her thought process. 

Luckily, I knew one of the nurses who received the email, and she knew better than to believe I was deliberately being unhelpful. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I have no problem owning up to my own mistakes either, been there plenty of times.

She's in a snit because I hung up on her last week when she kept interrupting me while I was trying to answer a question she asked me. After being talked over 3 times I just hung up on her. 

Sorry, but if someone can't give me the common courtesy of listening.... then conversation is over. 

Oh that idiot. 

No, don't. She needs to deal with her own mistakes or oversights herself. Not blame you. Idiot, that one.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh that idiot. 

No, don't. She needs to deal with her own mistakes or oversights herself. Not blame you. Idiot, that one.

First thing my husband said when I told him:

"What kind of idiot is she?" 

So, yup... she certainly is!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
51 minutes ago, kbois said:

Oh her.  I was wondering just how long it was going to take her to rear that ugly head. Not long it seems.  Stand your ground on this. If you don't she'll make your life miserable from here on out.  If research needs to be done, it needs to be done by a forensic accountant. Drop that little peach onto your manager while she's listening and see how fast she scurries away.  I'm sorry that you had to go through this, but you'll come out on top in the end.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, I just have to share this because Griffi the Cockatoo is a day brightener. Her previous home situation wasn’t good so she stress pulled out all of her feathers. Her new “mom and dad” dote on her, so she’s a happy dancing bird now.

that was awesome! thanks Reader!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that was awesome! thanks Reader!

Glad you liked it, molly. She has a whole channel full of dancing videos as she’s quite the little diva. 

Most of them are short, so they’re good for a quick pick me

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

hello Sirs and everyone

it seems i missed the party, lol!
@kbois i'm sorry you have to deal with that kind of crap.
learning to take responsibility for your goofs is an important step, it's too bad she never learned it.
i think we've all been there
oh and hooray for your husband. i'm sure he's pretty excited too

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Kitt said:

Assuming both plans are 80/20 URC the out of pocket should come to roughly $800 , of which would be reduced again if you have met deductibles. Once you hit max out of pocket bills stop.  That's using rounded figures for fast math.

You will need to keep close tract of what is paid and what is not. Insurance companies often deny charges on general principles, depending on people just paying the difference, knowing many just don't want to bother filing an appeal 

Thank you for this, that's helpful to know.  

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends
i took the day off to give myself a long weekend!
i'm about to go run some errands, maybe buy some new slippers, the new ceramic tiles are hard on bare feet 
AND since all the renovations are done i'm pulling out the needle work to get started again (claps gleefully, lol)
when you have a day off, one that you don't have any "adulting" to do, what do you like to do for you?

i hope everyone is able to overcome whatever rough patches get thrown in your way today

Good for you molly! 

Those kind of days are rare. 

Tile floors are very hard on the feet. I have those sort of squishy floor mats in front of my sink and stove. They help when you're in the kitchen for a long time. 

When I take one of those non-adulting days I'll do some reading if I'm by myself. If hubby has the day off we might go for a ride to see something new. If it's a girl's day, then it's pedicure and lunch somewhere, maybe a little shopping. It always feels good to have that kind of break.

Today has been smooth so far. Other than nonstop rain. If we get that tropical storm next week I might need an ark. The ground is already saturated and there's no place for the water to go. 🛶

Enjoy the rest of your day!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..