The Drop in Centre

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Morning’

it has been a Good and Bad Day:

Good Day -😃 Test results show i don’t have to have Surgery at this time- YES

Bad Day - woke up at 3 am and went into the Kitchen and it was flooded - the Refrigerator decided 20 years is long enough it stop working. Lost everything in the freezer and refrigerator. 

So how has your day been? To those in the Heat Wave drink plenty of fluids and Stay Cool.

F2F30BE7-D7B5-4D48-A90C-791E5A723297.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Yay! 

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Bad Day - woke up at 3 am and went into the Kitchen and it was flooded - the Refrigerator decided 20 years is long enough it stop working. Lost everything in the freezer and refrigerator. 

Boo! 

My day has been good so far, thanks for asking, rick. 

Im at the cottage with my brother and his family. Last night his silly dog was bark-growling at her echo. :P 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Just wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Morning’

So how has your day been? To those in the Heat Wave drink plenty of fluids and Stay Cool.

F2F30BE7-D7B5-4D48-A90C-791E5A723297.jpeg

That's good news and i'm glad you feeling better.  The fridge.. well. Sorry about the flood but now you can shop for a new fridge. you know you wanted to!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's good news and i'm glad you feeling better.  The fridge.. well. Sorry about the flood but now you can shop for a new fridge. you know you wanted to!! 

yes we did get one that is silver - white is on back order. never knew we had some many bottles of food in the refrigerator. now heading to Grocery Store to get a few basics. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Happy Friday the 13th, all!

I didn’t even realize it was Friday the 13th even though I knew today’s date and what day of the week it was. :rolleyes:

Glad you were able to get rid of the critter - gently. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I didn’t even realize it was Friday the 13th even though I knew today’s date and what day of the week it was. :rolleyes:

Glad you were able to get rid of the critter - gently. 

Thanks, Reader.

I had forgotten. Until I got reminded.

• Haha 4
29 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Great quote. 🙂

How are you, rick?

Wayne doing better thanks for asking. it’s been a rough couple of months but the Doc/surgeon say it’s controllable by meds and diet. so getting used to it. 
so you are doing ok? i can’t wait to read this new story. 
this has been a wild weather day 4 pm heat index of 104 - 5 pm major storm / hail / lightning and a lot cooler. it’s now down to 70.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
Just now, rickproehl said:

Wayne doing better thanks for asking. it’s been a rough couple of months but the Doc/surgeon say it’s controllable by meds and diet. so getting used to it. 
so you are doing ok? i can’t wait to read this new story. 
this has been a wild weather day 4 pm heat index of 104 - 5 pm major storm / hail / lightning and a lot cooler. it’s now down to 70.

I'm glad you're feeling better, and got good news. I vastly prefer to right a problem with my own power and meds rather than surgery if at all possible. Keep it up!

I'm doing okay. Writing as I'm able, working a lot, but doing okay. And I hope you like the new story coming. I think it'll be a nice, "feel good" sort.

Good luck with that heat and the storms! Yeesh!

• Like 5
9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs, friends

@Wayne Gray it's good to see you. your cat sounds truly wild! our dogs have gotten to a couple of opossum's, but haven't brought them in the house. yet...
@rickproehl that's very good news indeed! know we're all behind you!

@Reader1810 @Mikiesboy @Kitt @kbois @spyke hope y'all are well too

it's been a busy week, and tonight both managers called for a "hard stop" at 4:30. no one was allowed to work late. it was a nice way to end the week

it's an early-ish night for me. hope to see y'all tomorrow

Hi molly! 

I've been busy this week. The big boss was in town. So of course now there's more projects to work on.

What sucks is they've pretty much backed my co-worker into a corner. She lives an hour away and they knew this when they hired her. She's not willing to sell her house and move closer so they're going to get someone else. At least they've hooked her up with a recruiter and are letting her stay for 90 days or until she finds something. 

Other than that, just work and working out. 

Keeping an eye on Fred, look like we're just gonna get rain dumped on us. Just what we need. *sarcastic eye roll*.

I'm off to water aerobics and work. Have a good day everyone!

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Just wanted to stop in and say ‘Good Afternoon’

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND 

354ACA7B-4EB7-44B3-9250-4294FC88EE92.jpeg

You do the same rick!  It's funny you posted this because there was a large tabby cat sleeping on my front porch this morning. The cat was in DEEP sleep. Must have been tired from running the neighborhood all last night  LOL

• Haha 2

Well, after three different te$ts they've decided my mild anemia is exactly what my retired nurse friend said it was in the beginning -- the different Rx's I take.  Solution is an iron supplement.

If it weren't for the history of cancer on mom's side of the family, I might have just assumed that was the case and not done the tests.

• Like 5
42 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Well, after three different te$ts they've decided my mild anemia is exactly what my retired nurse friend said it was in the beginning -- the different Rx's I take.  Solution is an iron supplement.

If it weren't for the history of cancer on mom's side of the family, I might have just assumed that was the case and not done the tests.

Fae better safe than sorry. i know test are a pain but they are needed. so take care of yourself. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..