The Drop in Centre

11 hours ago, kbois said:

"Checklist for Communication". This was a bullet point list of ways to best communicate with me. 

The first five were general things like provide personal assurances, give her time to analyze, be patient, respect her quiet demeanor (got a raised eyebrow), use the proper buzzwords. 

Then I read the 6th bullet point and damn near fell off my chair laughing:

Keep at least three feet away from her..

There would only be one bullet point for me in this section and that would be "Send an e-mail." 🤣  I prefer having everything in writing so nothing gets twisted around, and in my business, things always get twisted. It's helped me CMA more times than I can count. I'm good with not talking to people when it comes to business.  

Edited by spyke
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

well so good morning

went to bed thinking it was Wednesday. woke up today thinking it was Thursday.

.... sigh ......

take care y'all ❤

My husband decided to be extra extra chipper and perky this morning. 

I was not. 

Hope your day gets better!

36 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Have a great day everyone

You too Fae!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

VEGGIE DAY!!!!

i love all the stuff we got..

Kale (huge bunch) Broccoli (2lbs!!) 2 large orange peppers, 5 potatoes, 2 cobs of unshucked corn, 5 each of nectarines and peaches and 20 small green plums.

That is a great assortment, tim! Strange, but I’m feeling the need to add nectarines - :heart: them - to tomorrow’s shopping list. :D 

46 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Had a good day. Coaching went well, I'm about 160% of my monthly goals. Not too many idiots. Systems are working well and work is a pleasure when i can actually do it.  Today is my Friday and i am off for a week.

I'm ready for it.

Enjoy your week off. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

I must have been asleep at the keyboard. What are you coaching?

i'm not.. we get coached on our work each week ..

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm not.. we get coached on our work each week ..

Sounds more fun to be doing the coaching, but of you are at 160% there cant be too much to coach!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Sounds more fun to be doing the coaching, but of you are at 160% there cant be too much to coach!

My bonuses are based on my work, my bonus influences my boss's bonus etc.. up the line.  So i think of coaching  like working with an editor.   It behooves me to learn and try to find better ways to do things and my boss benefits from helping me.

It's win win.   That's how i look at it and i make about a month and a half extra pay a year in bonuses.  Other people fight it and don't want to learn and they pay for it. 

hehe, listen to your editor ... :)

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Kitt said:

Lol tell that to some of the authors around here and they may call the writers guild on you!

Why have an editor if you don't want to put out your best work?  Maybe i'm lucky in that i think of my writing as work, not my baby, not my beloved creation.  i  don't feel that until it's well and truly finished.  It is edited and polished and that's really only possible with an extra set of eyes and another opinion.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Hey all.  Hope all is well. 

I got to see and opera tonight, Carmen. The local city opera did a opera in the park event.  It was lovely. I had to follow along on the app for lyrics/story. And we had gorgeous weather for it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Green plums??

15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

greeny yellow.. they'll get yellower. 

Those make fantastic jam, but if you are like me and follow the harvests, make sure you label them. Hard to tell between plum and apple on the pantry shelf, color is almost the same.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

greeny yellow.. they'll get yellower. 

I can’t seem to stop thinking about the two cobs of corn that came with your order.

Is that just happenstance you got two and there’s two of you or can you order based on it being for a certain number of persons?

Weird question I know, but it’s in a loop in my head and doesn’t seem to want to leave not knowing the answer it seeks. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I can’t seem to stop thinking about the two cobs of corn that came with your order.

Is that just happenstance you got two and there’s two of you or can you order based on it being for a certain number of persons?

Weird question I know, but it’s in a loop in my head and doesn’t seem to want to leave not knowing the answer it seeks. 

They don't know there's two of us. They offer a 'solo' box and a family box.  No way we'd get thru the family box in a week, so i ordered the solo box. It said it was for one or two.  We ate all we got last week. Finished the last of it on Wednesday.  We'd added a cauliflower to what they sent us and one Vidalia onion.

Looking at this week's ... one person would have a lot of veg. Corn; one or two servings depending how you choose to eat it, at least 3 nights of broccoli, plus broccoli slaw from the stalks. Two huge amounts of kale, maybe add some to your broccoli slaw, plus the fruit.

As we're out of them, we'll buy some carrots so i can make muffins. Gonna buy green onions to make eggies for Michael and that's about it i think for buying extra fruit and veg this week.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

They don't know there's two of us. They offer a 'solo' box and a family box.  No way we'd get thru the family box in a week, so i ordered the solo box. It said it was for one or two. 

Good to know. Thank you. :) 

PS: I bought a couple of nectarines today. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

This is something to remember if you're a writer.

Writing is work. Hours and hours of it and more of research. Then you put it on the shelf for six weeks or months. Then you go back and you read it with fresh eyes.

It is work and if all of or parts of it are crap you cut out that crap and fix it, or throw it away and begin again.

After a time, most of it won't be crap. You'll be able to read it and repair and add to it when necessary.

Writing is hard, lonely work. Patience and time are your friend.

After your story has sat on the shelf for some time the hope is, when you do the read through that you say to yourself; this is good, did i really write it?

i love the way you approach writing. it is work, it's not a child or "my precious." but it is work done for the love of the craft. something to be lovingly created. the way you write something and then let it sit, marinate if you will, has taught me to let things be for a while. i often do this as your editor.

i also appreciate others work more now that i have worked with you. 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..