The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

best compliment EVER from Number One Son..."Well damn. I can't go to bed. Ma's making roast. I'll just nap. Wake me for dinner."

guess who got up, had two platefuls of roast & vegetables?

"Thanks Ma. That was worth getting up for."

hope y'all are doing well

Kids and dogs..... motivated by food!!

Mine walked in today and went "oooh, what smells so good?"

Me: BBQ chicken and roasted sweet potatoes and onions

Him: guess I'm not eating the sandwich I bought (he put it in the fridge for later.)

• Like 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, kbois said:

Kids and dogs..... motivated by food!!

Mine walked in today and went "oooh, what smells so good?"

Me: BBQ chicken and roasted sweet potatoes and onions

Him: guess I'm not eating the sandwich I bought (he put it in the fridge for later.)

He's off for the next couple of days but he tries to keep his sleep schedule. He normally goes to bed by 2:00, gets up at 9:30.

• Like 4

... sigh ......

not very strong today. before 10 i told my manager i was peopled out & was putting myself on "Do Not Disturb" i just can't handle dealing with people. i find myself apologizing for stuff that's not my fault or out of my control. so glad to be working from home so i can deal with this in relative privacy.....

thanks for being a sounding board...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

So I finally got to speak to someone from Urology. Hopefully within in 4 weeks, I'll be admitted to hospital for surgery. Laser to break up the stone and remove the stent at the same time.

Still no news on settling Dad's estate, waiting on probate.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

glad to hear about this Chris take care 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

... sigh ......

not very strong today. before 10 i told my manager i was peopled out & was putting myself on "Do Not Disturb" i just can't handle dealing with people. i find myself apologizing for stuff that's not my fault or out of my control. so glad to be working from home so i can deal with this in relative privacy.....

We all have those days molly, you did the right thing. 

Be the taco.... we'll still love you!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

... sigh ......

I was never a people person. New people coming in to my section were all told to never say "good morning" or "how are you?" or any other platitude to me. Never understood it personally even though I suppose it could "grease the wheels" in some fashion. Seems a total waste of time to me.

PS - I would tolerate a small head nod!

Edited by Ryan Jones
  • Like 4

Update on the child I never knew about.

I was informed this morning that said child had been located. I say child but he will be 57 years old later this year. My friend who relayed the news to me asked me if I wanted to make sure and when I responded in the affirmative he told me that today a two person team will be heading up to the suburbs of Philadelphia to surreptitiously acquire a DNA sample. 

Once I'm sure of his parentage then the real decision will have to be made.

A nice early wedding present.

On the wedding front it appears as if none of my currently known family will be there in person. The US still hasn't opened travel from the Netherlands to the US. Unless it happens by next weekend it'll be too late since the date of the nuptials is fast approaching.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
2 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

Update on the child I never knew about.

I was informed this morning that said child had been located. I say child but he will be 57 years old later this year. My friend who relayed the news to me asked me if I wanted to make sure and when I responded in the affirmative he told me that today a two person team will be heading up to the suburbs of Philadelphia to surreptitiously acquire a DNA sample. 

Once I'm sure of his parentage then the real decision will have to be made.

A nice early wedding present.

On the wedding front it appears as if none of my currently known family will be there in person. The US still hasn't opened travel from the Netherlands to the US. Unless it happens by next weekend it'll be too late since the date of the nuptials is fast approaching.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. If you're really that insistent on doing this, then be up front with your actions rather than take this "cloak and dagger" approach.  Contact the man directly and tell him the entire story, rather than having people "surreptitiously" obtain his DNA without his consent and thereby removing all choice and say about the matter from him. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, spyke said:

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. If you're really that insistent on doing this, then be up front with your actions rather than take this "cloak and dagger" approach.  Contact the man directly and tell him the entire story, rather than having people "surreptitiously" obtain his DNA without his consent and thereby removing all choice and say about the matter from him. 

On the other hand by obtaining and testing his DNA beforehand, it would determine if he is @Ryan Jones’s son or not without interrupting his life. 

The only issue I can see here is he may not want his DNA on record as this is the case with many individuals. 

Maybe being upfront about the situation is the best way to go? That is, let the choice be his. You know put his wishes above all else as hard as that may be it is showing respect towards him, which is something he might greatly appreciate and view as a positive. 

Just my two cents…

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..