The Drop in Centre

49 minutes ago, kbois said:

Good news!

Younger son got his license today!! I will enjoy not having to pick him up at 11pm on work nights anymore....yay!

When I texted my husband to see how it went he sent back;

He be like- this (hopefully the link works)

Today was raining all day so it was pretty quiet. 

Hope everyone had a good day. 

That's great news! And the link worked.  @mollyhousemouseneeds to click on it! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 8/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, 1brokNangel said:

IDK about that I've always been told I should find my happy place, I haven't yet but I'm still looking.

There is no such thing as perfect happiness .. perhaps a place where you are or have been happy but even there you'll never be happy constantly. Just does not happen...  to me, happiness is found along the road. The only destination we truly have in life is death.. the rest is islands of happiness, peace, love and joy we find as we move on.

That's my thinking ... but we all have our own hopes, desires and beliefs.  :) 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

There is no such thing as perfect happiness .. perhaps a place where you are or have been happy but even there you'll never be happy constantly. Just does not happen...  to me, happiness is found along the road. The only destination we truly have in life is death.. the rest is islands of happiness, peace, love and joy we find as we move on.

That's my thinking ... but we all have our own hopes, desires and beliefs.  :) 

I think you hit the nail on the head tim. 

When I was little my dad used to have a '55 Chevy Bel Air. It was candy apple red and pearl white. He used it to drag race (before I was born). The name of the car? "Happiness is...."

Because of this I've always believed that happiness is whatever you want it to be. 

Charles Schultz published a book called "Happiness Is". It was a short book of Snoopy and Charlie Brown and their happy things. My favorite was 'happiness is a warm puppy'.

Hope everyone's having a good week. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs

hello everyone

was a heck of a week. highlights included finding out it was our new president who asked for me to be assigned to a software transition team, three and a half hours of meetings on this in two days, having my mid-year review go well, then Phil had ordered pizza & wings for dinner 🤤

see everyone later!

Congrats on that! That's terrific.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

Hope people are having good days. Or at least better than the last days!

I find myself drifting into intolerance of the anti vax people. Well, I was intolerant before, now I'm rabidly going after them on FB, IG, T, and any other online spaces I might find one. I really don't care at all if they wish to expose themselves to possible death. I do have a real problem with them exposing children who can't yet get vaccinated.

They put mask mandates back on here in the DC area in most counties, you have to wear one indoors except when eating or drinking. I never stopped wearing my mask, not for me but for anyone who could expose a kid to the virus.

I find it vaguely amusing that the vast majority of deaths now are, according to stats I've seen, Repubes. So perhaps if this goes on another year or two then by 2024 the Dems will have a majority everywhere!

I think that you are not alone in your feelings on this issue. My encounters have been with 2 distinct branches-those who are 100% anti-vax because of "personal freedom" views, and those who are still taking the "wait for more information" stance. I'm really disappointed that this pandemic and vaccine issue has been so politicized.  People have abandoned their critical thinking skills and use social media as their first choice for research. People believe these "entertainment news actors" and have stopped asking questions of medical professionals about what they've heard. 

It's sad that we live in the land of plenty and so many have such a cavalier and dismissive attitude about taking a damn shot. This self-centered shit has to stop.   

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I have an issue with all the nonsense I see published by the anti vaxers. Yesterday I saw a posting promoting Ivermectin for the prevention and treatment of the D variant. For those of you who have never heard of it, we treat intestinal worms in horses with Ivermectin. Yes, it is the same stuff some idiot now wants to take to prevent covid! I figure it must prevent covid illnesses by killing off those stupid enough to take it for covid.

The race is on for the next Darwin Award Winners. Guess chloroquine was too hard to come by and Lysol/bleach injections weren't a DIY option. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, spyke said:

The race is on for the next Darwin Award Winners. Guess chloroquine was too hard to come by and Lysol/bleach injections weren't a DIY option. 🙄

It's been more fun than I expected when I find those people who were still claiming that it's all a hoax, that the vaccine changes your DNA, then you see they died of Covid a week later. My general first post on their notice is a nice simple one:

"Hopefully this idiot died before he bred and taught more idiots. Good riddance!"

That usually leads to people going completely nuts and the two or three of my accounts are all arguing and it's almost orgasmic by the time it's reached it's culmination!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
36 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I have an issue with all the nonsense I see published by the anti vaxers. Yesterday I saw a posting promoting Ivermectin for the prevention and treatment of the D variant. For those of you who have never heard of it, we treat intestinal worms in horses with Ivermectin. Yes, it is the same stuff some idiot now wants to take to prevent covid! I figure it must prevent covid illnesses by killing off those stupid enough to take it for covid.

I saw this somewhere also. Made me think about some type of horse liniment that go go dancers used on their dicks to keep them from chafing because they kept having to get erections. I can't remember what it's called, wish I could so I could tell people it would help since they're nothing but dicks!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
34 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

I saw this somewhere also. Made me think about some type of horse liniment that go go dancers used on their dicks to keep them from chafing because they kept having to get erections. I can't remember what it's called, wish I could so I could tell people it would help since they're nothing but dicks!

LMAO the horse liniment one I haven't heard, but judging by the way my hands react to the stuff I can't even imagine how horrible it must feel on someone's dick!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, spyke said:

I think that you are not alone in your feelings on this issue. My encounters have been with 2 distinct branches-those who are 100% anti-vax because of "personal freedom" views, and those who are still taking the "wait for more information" stance. I'm really disappointed that this pandemic and vaccine issue has been so politicized.  People have abandoned their critical thinking skills and use social media as their first choice for research. People believe these "entertainment news actors" and have stopped asking questions of medical professionals about what they've heard. 

It's sad that we live in the land of plenty and so many have such a cavalier and dismissive attitude about taking a damn shot. This self-centered shit has to stop.   

That brings up something I just heard from a friend of mine. He just told me yesterday that his mom and oldest son was tested positive for Covid. But him, his youngest son and his daughter (who got her vaccine through her mother) are all negative. My friend told me he was told by his HR from work told him that he was tested too early and now he has to be quarantined for 5 days. What does HR people know? They are not doctors or nurses and he had the test results with him. They would not accept that at HR. He had taken his mom for the test cause she was sick and since she was tested positive then he took the test which came back negative. Tell me what is your opinions are on this?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

That brings up something I just heard from a friend of mine. He just told me yesterday that his mom and oldest son was tested positive for Covid. But him, his youngest son and his daughter (who got her vaccine through her mother) are all negative. My friend told me he was told by his HR from work told him that he was tested too early and now he has to be quarantined for 5 days. What does HR people know? They are not doctors or nurses and he had the test results with him. They would not accept that at HR. He had taken his mom for the test cause she was sick and since she was tested positive then he took the test which came back negative. Tell me what is your opinions are on this?

He knows he has been exposed.  There is no way to tell if he was previously exposed based on the info you put here.  If his exposure was limited to when he took his mom in, it would be too early in the incubation period to show up in testing yet. It's good his initial test was negative, but a period of quarantine and retesting is needed before he is declared negative. HR knows what the CDC tell them, but to insist on a second test is only prudent before returning to work, potentially exposing coworkers.

The big question is, have any of the people mentioned been vaccinated other than the one daughter? 

Does it suck? Hell yeah.  Does it make sense? Hell yeah.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

He knows he has been exposed.  There is no way to tell if he was previously exposed based on the info you put here.  If his exposure was limited to when he took his mom in, it would be too early in the incubation period to show up in testing yet. It's good his initial test was negative, but a period of quarantine and retesting is needed before he is declared negative. HR knows what the CDC tell them, but to insist on a second test is only prudent before returning to work, potentially exposing coworkers.

The big question is, have any of the people mentioned been vaccinated other than the one daughter? 

Does it suck? Hell yeah.  Does it make sense? Hell yeah.

No he and his sons were not vaccinated. His son, who was tested positive, and his daughter both live with him. His other son has his own place. His mom lives alone and I was just told that his mom seems to be feeling better after taking her medication the doctor prescribed her. They are keeping in touch by texting one another. I told him last night that his son needs to be in his room under quarantine ad he said when he got home last night after taking his mom her medication that he was going to make him go to his room and he was gong to spray lysol all over the house to be safe. 

You are right it sucks. It makes sense too!

• Like 3
6 hours ago, spyke said:

I wonder if the Lysol/bleach injection would work better if combined with a Tide pod? 🤔 Maybe the Darwin Finalists can check it out?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..