The Drop in Centre

5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's all good.  Weight comments are not required ever.  And well done on not slapping anyone!  :)

I'm going to be generous and believe that the weight comments came from a place of concern...although Dad's statement of "make sure you're not skin and bones again" could have been worded a bit more diplomatically.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I used to be.  It was back at a time when I was really unhealthy so I get their concern, but I'm at a much better place now.  Ditto on the donuts, though!  

That's great!  I'm glad things are good for you.

And now, it's been a long day... time to hit the hay.. have to be up at 7:30am.. ugh.. football (soccer) game.

Night all!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I've had some weight fluctuations over the years.  When my weight was normal, or even a bit overweight,  I never got comments on my weight or what I ate.  When my weight goes down, I get a lot of comments...not compliments.  The one time I snapped was when I was out to eat with some coworkers.   I got a meal and ate what I wanted.  A coworker gave me a disgusted look and said "Is that all you're eating?"  I think it was the expression that made me shoot back. "Yes, Lindsay, that's all I'm eating.  It's none of your business, stop policing my food!"

Comments from coworkers stopped after that.  

Good. We should follow what our bodies and appetite tell us.

i mean there's days when i'm hungry and days i'm not.  i eat accordingly ... for the longest time, Michael had a hard time dealing with that. He always ate 3 meals a day, like clockwork. Sometimes, I don't want breakfast; sometimes, I can't wait to get it.  i'm still here and the last time i checked i'm not dead.  lol

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..