The Drop in Centre

28 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Mushrooms! Sauteed, stuffed, in stuffing, in risotto, stews, soups...

A friend tried to talk me into going mushroom hunting with her as they are cropping up everywhere around here this year. I refused. I know just enough about mushrooms to know I don't know enough about mushrooms and will do my hunting at the green grocer!

I'll still take a pass on the 'shrooms. At least those I can pick out of food. Unlike peppers which are definitely a hard NO for me. I've never liked them and they leave behind their taste, so I always pass on anything that has them. Jalapeños? Jal-yes please! Green peppers..nope. Those of you who love them...you can have my share!

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

SP and I drove up this morning & spoke w. my brother (who - shocker - actually acknowledged SP's existence  at the end of the morning).

They were planning on lowering her body temp [I don't remember why], but she made some "purposeful movements" so they just gave her some mild sedation.

Her drug panel came back clean, so she didn't accidentally double up on her meds -- also good.

At the moment, it's really a waiting game for the next 24 to 48 hours. Until she wakes up we really won't know what -- if any -- affects there have been on her cognitive abilities.

I'm sure you are relieved with the positive results. Make sure you and SP take care of yourselves and each other. I'll be sending hopeful thoughts your way. 

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

SP and I drove up this morning & spoke w. my brother (who - shocker - actually acknowledged SP's existence  at the end of the morning).

They were planning on lowering her body temp [I don't remember why], but she made some "purposeful movements" so they just gave her some mild sedation.

Her drug panel came back clean, so she didn't accidentally double up on her meds -- also good.

At the moment, it's really a waiting game for the next 24 to 48 hours. Until she wakes up we really won't know what -- if any -- affects there have been on her cognitive abilities.

I'm glad your brother gave in a little. And i hope your mom will be okay. All the best from Michael and me. xo

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
51 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

My thoughts are with you and your Mom. :hug: 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Fae this is the hardest part is the waiting game. i hope things get better for you and your Mom. Fae while this is going on take a few minutes every day for yourself. This small act will help both you and your mom. Please take care.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

I will hope for the best outcome for you. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

thanks guys, it means a lot to me. took some time this afternoon. it’s a wonderful feeling to mediate and then in the silence you tell yourself “you did your best” that is all you can do. 

thanks

All you can do is do your best, and know you did a good thing trying to help someone. It’s on him that he couldn’t, or wouldn’t, see kindness and compassion being directed his way. 

Hold your head up high, rick. You did good, my friend. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

All you can do is do your best, and know you did a good thing trying to help someone. It’s on him that he couldn’t, or wouldn’t, see kindness and compassion being directed his way. 

Hold your head up high, rick. You did good, my friend. 

thanks Reader 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

thank you for letting us know how it went this morning
the waiting is the hardest part, my thoughts are with you still
i'm pleased that your brother acknowledged SP though i'm sure he's been a great comfort in this

• Like 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning.

This is for all of us - 

Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times, and good times. If you are going through hard times have faith that good times are on the way.

Spent time meditating and letting go of a lot of things i was struggling with. woke up feeling much better. 

So how is your day? 

• Like 4

I hope everyone is doing ok today. I'm flying solo until tomorrow both at home and at work. Covering our other property while the manager takes a long weekend. 

Hubby is in Orlando for work training. He left last night so it's just me, son #2 and the doggos until tomorrow night. 

Why is it that a king size bed shrinks when a 20 pound mutt takes over the empty side? Little dog takes up more room than my husband. 🤔

Hang in there @mollyhousemouse. Friday is right around the corner!

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..