The Drop in Centre

@rickproehlIt's not your fault to be kind.  It's that person's problem.  :hug:I've lent money to another person and same thing happened.  That's why I call him my evil twin.  I haven't heard from him for a long time now....  I should stop caring about people who burned me....  But anyways.  Cute kitties are so evil....  But you just can't stop staring.  LOL.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ashi said:

@rickproehlIt's not your fault to be kind.  It's that person's problem.  :hug:I've lent money to another person and same thing happened.  That's why I call him my evil twin.  I haven't heard from him for a long time now....  I should stop caring about people who burned me....  But anyways.  Cute kitties are so evil....  But you just can't stop staring.  LOL.

Ashi - i have found if you have a heart you will care. so it’s all ok now. moving past it. thanks for the kind words.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2020.  Florida.  Genetically altered mosquitos.  Why does this make me think that the annihilation of mankind is about to start? This has Jurrassic Park written all over it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/news/environment/2020/08/20/florida-keys-releasing-genetically-modified-mosquitoes-to-fight-illness/%3foutputType=amp

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
9 minutes ago, kbois said:

2020.  Florida.  Genetically altered mosquitos.  Why does this make me think that the annihilation of mankind is about to start? This has Jurrassic Park written all over it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/news/environment/2020/08/20/florida-keys-releasing-genetically-modified-mosquitoes-to-fight-illness/%3foutputType=amp

This has been argued and fought over for years. Impact will be overwhelmingly positive and the paranoia goes back to irrational fears over GMO's [note:  if you're eating any modern grain, your are eating what is essentially a GMO].

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

This has been argued and fought over for years. Impact will be overwhelmingly positive and the paranoia goes back to irrational fears over GMO's [note:  if you're eating any modern grain, your are eating what is essentially a GMO].

I totally understand the science behind it. It's actually pretty cool, but still.....if it had been announced in any year other than this one, or any state other than Florida it would seem much more credible. This state does not have the best reputation for good ideas. Just Google 'Florida man' and any date 😆

I hope your mom is doing better Fae.

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim i plan on getting the flu shot but i want to get the one for older people. they have 2 different ones here in the states. 

a while back we were talking about washing masks and most people wash my hand. i then saw that some people have added a extra step. you wash / soak 10-15 minutes then you rinse them out then they suggest to get a pan of boiling water and run the mask thru the steam on both sides for 45 seconds. this is supposed to make sure they are clean and safe. then you hang up to dry. the steam was reported not to have any affect on the wire in the nose piece. i guess you could do double duty and boil water for tea / coffee / pasta. we have not tried this yet.

i've heard about soaking them in soapy water which is what i do, but not heard anything about steaming them. Not sure that's necessary.  I go out once a week to the grocery store that's the only time i'm near other people atm.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..