The Drop in Centre

48 minutes ago, kbois said:

think many of us have faced some hardships and setbacks the past few weeks. I lost another nephew on Tuesday. A little bird told me to process it however I needed to, so I have. My heart breaks for yet another of my brothers. It just makes no sense. So far they don't know why, only that he collapsed in a parking lot. 

I took a page from your book tim and tried my hand at poetry and posted it. It did help. The poem is probably shit, but it helped me sort through some emotions, so thank you. 

i know you all have had a rough time lately ... i'm sorry for your family xo

where did you post this poem?  I'd like to read it if you don't mind.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, kbois said:

Good morning all. 

Not that it's great. Of course it started with an early morning call from my older son. He's in the ER. They think it's  a kidney stone. He's doing ok. Texting me updates and feeling no pain. They gave him morphine. At least he has insurance through school. 

I just can't win this week. 😕 

those are not fun ... hopefully he wont have much more trouble.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

those are not fun ... hopefully he wont have much more trouble.

We're going up tomorrow. At this point all I  can do is look life straight in the eye and say 'bring it!' 

Although with the way this week has been I'll probably step outside and get hit in the head with toilet ice falling from a plane. If y'all see a weird news story this weekend that starts with 'Florida woman..' it's most likely me. 🙃🤪

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
5 minutes ago, kbois said:

We're going up tomorrow. At this point all I  can do is look life straight in the eye and say 'bring it!' 

Although with the way this week has been I'll probably step outside and get hit in the head with toilet ice falling from a plane. If y'all see a weird news story this weekend that starts with 'Florida woman..' it's most likely me. 🙃🤪

sometime it does grab us by the scruff of the neck and shake us until our bones rattle ... eventually it will let go. Hopefully that is before toilet ice hits you.

i have been good this morning.. made baked oatmeal for the one i love, and someone is having a birthday tomorrow so i baked him a pumpkin cake this morning.  I just need to keep it away from him until tomorrow.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
26 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

sometime it does grab us by the scruff of the neck and shake us until our bones rattle ... eventually it will let go. Hopefully that is before toilet ice hits you.

i have been good this morning.. made baked oatmeal for the one i love, and someone is having a birthday tomorrow so i baked him a pumpkin cake this morning.  I just need to keep it away from him until tomorrow.  :D 

Strange, I could have sworn the big guy’s birthday was the 7th. So much for my elephantine memory. 

Ah well, pumpkin cake sounds perfect to me. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, kbois said:

:hug: 

Be cognizant of your surroundings is my advice.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Strange, I could have sworn the big guy’s birthday was the 7th. So much for my elephantine memory. 

Ah well, pumpkin cake sounds perfect to me. 

nope it's the 6th.  maybe we did something on the 7th ... we aren't doing much this year for sure

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

nope it's the 6th.  maybe we did something on the 7th ... we aren't doing much this year for sure

You’ll be together, doing whatever it is you’re going to do, so that’s something. :) 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

You’ll be together, doing whatever it is you’re going to do, so that’s something. :) 

i'm working .. so we wont be doing much..  oh well. it will still be nice.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

:hug: 

Be cognizant of your surroundings is my advice.

I made it out to go get my mom and so far so good... no toilet ice!I 😄

• Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm working .. so we wont be doing much..  oh well. it will still be nice.

Oh, right, I forgot.

Oh well, you’ll just have to settle for stealing glances across the room as you deal with pesky customers. 

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Oh, right, I forgot.

Oh well, you’ll just have to settle for stealing glances across the room as you deal with pesky customers. 

He sits in the living room and i am up in the dining room.. so.. we can do that..LOL.

We have watched the first 3 episodes of Raised By Wolves ... the new one directed by Ridley Scott.  Oh.. i have enjoyed all of them. We watched the first one and was left wondering ... where the heck can this go now. But the next two were really good. Can't wait for more.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

He sits in the living room and i am up in the dining room.. so.. we can do that..LOL.

We have watched the first 3 episodes of Raised By Wolves ... the new one directed by Ridley Scott.  Oh.. i have enjoyed all of them. We watched the first one and was left wondering ... where the heck can this go now. But the next two were really good. Can't wait for more.

Okay, this is not what I thought it would be about given the title. 

Intriguing...

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..