The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

He sits in the living room and i am up in the dining room.. so.. we can do that..LOL.

We have watched the first 3 episodes of Raised By Wolves ... the new one directed by Ridley Scott.  Oh.. i have enjoyed all of them. We watched the first one and was left wondering ... where the heck can this go now. But the next two were really good. Can't wait for more.

Found it on the SCI-FI channel, so I’ve set a recording for the episodes.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Kitt said:

It's not a good sign when your customer, who was supposed to be done at the show at 2, texts you @ 4 from the ring and says "we ordered pizza, we are gonna be a while."

That's most aggravating and so inconsiderate. I try and have an "expectations" conversation with clients/customers right up front. My time is just as valuable as the next person. I'm sorry that happened to you. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, spyke said:

That's most aggravating and so inconsiderate. I try and have an "expectations" conversation with clients/customers right up front. My time is just as valuable as the next person. I'm sorry that happened to you. 

This is not their fault. Horse shows seldom run on schedule. Anything and everything from breaks to groom the ring taking longer than anticipated to a rider falling, stopping all activity while the emt's do their thing can mess up the timing. Just part and parcel of horse showing. Its just the first time clients ever had a pizza delivered to a show.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

This is not their fault. Horse shows seldom run on schedule. Anything and everything from breaks to groom the ring taking longer than anticipated to a rider falling, stopping all activity while the emt's do their thing can mess up the timing. Just part and parcel of horse showing. Its just the first time clients ever had a pizza delivered to a show.

I totally understand. I've been to many horse shows in the past. I can see where things run long and many times things are beyond our control. What is in our control is the ability to let someone know what's going on. It only takes a few seconds to send a text. Certainly less time that it takes to order a pizza. Perhaps I view things in a bit differently than most, but I feel that it's a matter of mutual respect. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I finally had a little happiness today. I picked up my mom early and she wanted to go out for lunch, which we haven't done in awhile. Our favorite place dropped my favorite dish from the menu, which I've known for a while. (we do take out occasionally). So when I told our server that I was disappointed, he went to the manager and asked if they would make it for me. Sweet Thai Chile Chicken...OMG. It was a little thing that finally brightened my day. That cute little waiter got a really good tip too!

Aww...

That was so nice of him to go above and beyond like that, cause you know, somebody else would have just said sorry, but no. 

I bet the good tip made his day. Along with making you so happy, too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Today was mostly good. My son is fine, just a little sore. It's good to see him. He went to Tennessee last month and brought me two bottles of whiskey. Texas Pecan and Honeysuckle.  Love that kid! We scored free parking because our room wasn't ready and we had to wait nearly an hour. We also scored free Chinese donuts because we had to wait 30 min for our takeout which we had called in 20 minutes earlier. So other than having to wait, today gets a 👍.

Have a good night everyone. 

• Like 3

Hey everyone.  Hope it was a good weekend. 

Happy birthday Michael 

Little one and I went on a hike today.  A bit over a mile.  At the end I was sweating and huffing, he was running and ready to climb a mountain or at least the monkey bars at the playground. It was a really nice weekend.  I went to a farmer's market and treated myself to a new jam, strawberry fig. Can't wait to try some on toast 

Jams and soaps are my usual indulgences. I typically have at least 5 or 6 kinds of each in my house at one time.  

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning

To those in the USA enjoy Labor Day.  

So how are things with everyone today? 

5232D4B0-F2DA-4DC2-8096-A3B0D6396F40.jpeg

Good morning, rick. It’s Labour Day in Canada, too. It’s windy and rainy, so a good day to stay inside. 

I wish you all a great day. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..