The Drop in Centre

8 hours ago, kbois said:

I wish we could reset our brains like @mollyhousemouse reset her computer. I hope your headaches are better molly.

i logged off work early yesterday and slept from 5 to 7:15 then was in bed under the covers lights out by 10. i slept until after 7. i did feel better today

hope everyone is well

• Like 3
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i logged off work early yesterday and slept from 5 to 7:15 then was in bed under the covers lights out by 10. i slept until after 7. i did feel better today

hope everyone is well

Glad to hear you are feeling better. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning.

we all have had a week that has been challenging. This is for all of us.

Take care of yourself.

7276FF56-3C3F-47E7-BAD1-E6EFEE387D70.jpeg

Provided the you that is always wrong, never enough for the people around you, unable to instantly fix what others throw at you, and the one who is told constantly that they are not enough doesn't start to believe what those around you say.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning.

we all have had a week that has been challenging. This is for all of us.

Take care of yourself.

7276FF56-3C3F-47E7-BAD1-E6EFEE387D70.jpeg

Thanks rick, this is well timed.

4 hours ago, Kitt said:

Provided the you that is always wrong, never enough for the people around you, unable to instantly fix what others throw at you, and the one who is told constantly that they are not enough doesn't start to believe what those around you say.

Kitt, this is a lesson that can never be taught enough. 

1 hour ago, spyke said:

It is always better to divest yourself from these sorts of people long before the possibility of belief can approach reality. I've come to realize these people project their own insecurities and lack of self worth onto others as a means of validating their perceived importance in the world. It's always better to remain silent and simply walk away while they are in mid sentence. It drives those types bonkers when you don't engage. 

Always remember you are enough. 

spyke, everyone needs to be reminded sometimes that they are enough, thanks. 

Today was the first day since last Sat that I woke up without a headache. The a/c at work was fixed by noon, so I'll take the two wins for the day. 

Have a good evening everyone.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, kbois said:

I think Ashi's going to be a little jealous!

I know I am. It's been a while since I've had soft serve, I'm more of the chocolate dip with peanuts fan. Hmm, I miss the old local ice cream stands. 

Time for me to hit the hay. The headache seems like it wants to hover just on the edge of my brain. Maybe some sleep will push it away completely. Goodnight all. 

they call Dairy Queen the "Texas Stop Sign"
make sure you're hydrated, sleep well

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, kbois said:

I think Ashi's going to be a little jealous!

I know I am. It's been a while since I've had soft serve, I'm more of the chocolate dip with peanuts fan. Hmm, I miss the old local ice cream stands. 

Time for me to hit the hay. The headache seems like it wants to hover just on the edge of my brain. Maybe some sleep will push it away completely. Goodnight all. 

Goodnight with happy dreams of a better tomorrow...

Personally, my DQ fave is the strawberry cheesecake blizzard. It’s been awhile...

• Like 4
Just now, Fae Briona said:

Mom passed yesterday morning at 10:42 am CDT. Was a peaceful passing.

Brother and I spent more time at her apartment sorting through some things than we had intended, and he only made one obnoxious comment (which I somehow resisted thumping him w. my cane for having made; thankfully it wasn't racially oriented).

He's supposed to call once the funeral home is available -- main guy had two funeral yesterday -- but there's no estimated time when that might happen.

SP has been my rock during this hole time; I wouldn't have made it without him, and have told him so.

Staying here at home today, then will drive back up to Stillwater tomorrow by myself. SP won't be able to go back this time, but that's ok. He's had to endure my family enough for one week. Most of the stuff is just going to be boxed up and dealt w. later but some of it will be donated.

• Sad 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..