The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Blood pressure has been up all day - not too surprising given the circumstances; Ordered dinner in because SP is at work and all the food we had in the fridge is bad due to us not being around; and walked mis-delivered packages two doors down because our mailman can't read.

Need sleep all day tomorrow.  :(

:hug: 

Sleep sounds good. Hope you’re able to do that tomorrow. 

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Blood pressure has been up all day - not too surprising given the circumstances; Ordered dinner in because SP is at work and all the food we had in the fridge is bad due to us not being around; and walked mis-delivered packages two doors down because our mailman can't read.

Need sleep all day tomorrow.  :(

Take care, Fae.  

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening.

i’m doing ok just had some old demons to take care of. they had been dealt with in the past. spent a couple of days in meditation. things are looking better. 

So how is everyone tonight?

Glad you’re doing better, rick. 

Dinner and the dishes are done, so now Im going to read along with partaking of a hot chocolate. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, kbois said:

Everyone OK today? It's too quiet. 

Doing good here. Just busy with work and dealing with people who haven't received the proper training. It gets frustrating at times.  

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, kbois said:

it'll be a long week for me. i'm around, just quiet

8 minutes ago, spyke said:

Doing good here. Just busy with work and dealing with people who haven't received the proper training. It gets frustrating at times.  

that IS annoying

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Doing well, here. Just finished another round with the power washer. 

I am a little less muddy, and a lot less wet this time, so I’d say that’s progress. :D 

• Like 5

@spyke I  totally understand. If it's not proper training, its someone thinking the rules don't apply to them. Frustration is putting it mildly.. 

@mollyhousemouse Quiet is ok. I hope your week goes well. 

@Fae Briona Take care tomorrow. I'm glad you have SP to help you. 

@Reader1810 way to go with the powerwasher. Show it who's boss!

Chuckle for the day: last night I was taking off my thumb brace (tendonitis flare up) when my husband asked if it was still swollen. I stuck both hands out for him to compare and he took one look and told me my thumb looks like a chicken drumstick, all it needs is batter.  Sure enough I stared at my thumb and the base is so swollen it looks like a fat drumstick. 🤪🍗

Spoiler

You just looked at your thumb didn't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening.

i’m doing ok. was able to visit my Doctor and we figured what was wrong. we had reduced the dosage on some of my Meds. this change is what triggered the issues i had. We are keeping a watch on this. She wants to change my meds but it has to be a gradual change. 

So how is everyone tonight?

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Yep -- some demons are never really banished, they just go into hiding for awhile and pop up at inopportune times.  Glad things are looking better for you.

Fae thanks for this. So how are you doing? This time is always so hard. please know that everyone is sending you positive thoughts during this stressful time. Take care.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Doing well, here. Just finished another round with the power washer. 

I am a little less muddy, and a lot less wet this time, so I’d say that’s progress. :D 

Reader before long you will have a side job. Just hide the water bill when it comes in. 

• Haha 4
On 8/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, MichaelS36 said:

For those interested in English history, I can recommend this to you.  If you have not experienced Mark Rylance, he is an incredible actor. He's won many BAFTA's and even A Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks (an excellent film). 

This is the first in the trilogy: Wolf Hall

Mark Rylance is Thomas Cromwell, Damian Lewis is Henry VIII

Excellent series, wonderful locations and acting. 

Wolf Hall

I've already watched that.  I have a thing for red heads, so..., yeah, I watched quite a bit of Damian Lewis's stuff, and he played Henry VIII quite well.  Love the political intrigue of that series.  Highly recommended.  Wish it's longer, actually.

11 hours ago, kbois said:

My arm makes typing difficult.  But I am alright.  Hope Tim is alright too.

• Like 2

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning.

Wow it’s September already with falling leaves , cool days and nights. Before long the leaves will change and be full of the bright fall colors. 

So how are things with everyone today? 

take care of yourself and those you care about. 

349F213E-FFB9-4540-A60C-55B2A1F41D4C.jpeg

• Like 4

Had a little scare today. Husband called me saying he was having sharp chest pains. An hour at the urgent care center and 4.5 hrs at the ER and his heart is fine. EKG/CAT scan/blood work all came back normal. 

While I'm glad he's OK, I  swear he's going to drive me to the brink of insanity. It's not the first time something like this has happened. They run all sorts of tests and everything always comes back normal. It's frustrating because he feels crappy and rundown all the time, but they can't figure out why. 

The nurses were great and at least I've warmed up again. The room they had us in was 68F/20C. My toes were blue.

I hope if anyone else is having a tough day too that it gets better. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Had a little scare today. Husband called me saying he was having sharp chest pains. An hour at the urgent care center and 4.5 hrs at the ER and his heart is fine. EKG/CAT scan/blood work all came back normal. 

While I'm glad he's OK, I  swear he's going to drive me to the brink of insanity. It's not the first time something like this has happened. They run all sorts of tests and everything always comes back normal. It's frustrating because he feels crappy and rundown all the time, but they can't figure out why. 

The nurses were great and at least I've warmed up again. The room they had us in was 68F/20C. My toes were blue.

I hope if anyone else is having a tough day too that it gets better. 

I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but it's great news that he didn't have a heart attack.  I'm going to preach here for just a second--ALWAYS go to the ER when there's chest pain. Don't waste any time at an urgent care center.  Now that I've said that, has he ever been checked for gallbladder problems? Sometimes the pain lodges in your shoulder blades and it can feel like sharp chest pains. Been there, done that. Wound up having a catheterization that showed a minor 20 % blockage. I'm really glad that I didn't have a heart attack and that the Dr. was able to make his boat, car, and house payment for that month. 🤣 They concluded that it was a gall bladder flare up.  

Take care of your self @kbois and get some rest. Hope that  the hubs will be OK. 🤞

Edited by spyke
missing word
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..