The Drop in Centre

21 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

We drove up this morning and made arrangements for moms memorial -- will be on Sat. the 12th; will let more people attend, and allow time to plan, ask for time off if needed, etc.

Also finalized the design of her headstone. Stopped at my sisters grave on the way out of town.

Randomly broke down crying in the middle of the kitchen a few minutes ago.  SP held me and told me he loved me, and it would all turn out ok.

You've done well Fae. It's ok to break down and cry. Listen to SP, he's right. 

*hugs*

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

We drove up this morning and made arrangements for moms memorial -- will be on Sat. the 12th; will let more people attend, and allow time to plan, ask for time off if needed, etc.

Also finalized the design of her headstone. Stopped at my sisters grave on the way out of town.

Randomly broke down crying in the middle of the kitchen a few minutes ago.  SP held me and told me he loved me, and it would all turn out ok.

It’s okay to cry, Fae. I’m glad SP is there for you - he sounds like a really good man.  :) 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Fae it’s ok to cry in the next few days or weeks. hold on to SP during this time let his love and strength guide you. the next few weeks will be the best of times and the worse of times. so remember the good times. know that right now your heart is breaking and aching for the loss but know this that one day this pain will go  away and it will  bring a wonderful memory of you Mom. Fae you take care.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Afternoon.

The weather here has gotten cooler so far so we can sleep with the windows open and No AC. 

So how are things with everyone today? 

Good afternoon, rick. 

It’s feeling a little warmer here today, but there’s cooler temps on the way per the current forecast. 

At the moment, it’s a bit dark, so it’s looking like a T-storm is going to happen after all. 

Have a great day everyone... :) 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

It's a "cling to the coffee cup as if it were a life preserver on a stormy sea" kind of morning.

Good morning, folks. I hope you're all as well as you can be.

Must be going around today. My phone has absolutely blown up with calls and texts. Can't get ahead to save my life.

Good afternoon everyone. Hope you all are having an easier time of it than Wayne or I. 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
23 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Working from home today because my office system crashed -- tech is trying to fix it (and has been for the last three hours).  It's been extremely frustrating today.

Need to just quit [for the afternoon] and go ride the bike -- not been on it as much as I should have been the last couple of months, and not been moving around as much sitting at home as I do when I'm in the office.

Other part of me just wants to hide under the bed -- metaphorically, of course.

A bike ride to clear your mind and as a change of scenery is usually a productive plan. 

Enjoy your ride, Fae. 

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Need to just quit [for the afternoon]

I can honestly say quitting was the best decision I made in a long time. I am half way thru my two week notice, and new issues are being shunted to my replacements. Yes, plural. Boss man could not find an individual from within willing to do everything I have been, so it is being split to three peeps.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

I can honestly say quitting was the best decision I made in a long time. I am half way thru my two week notice, and new issues are being shunted to my replacements. Yes, plural. Boss man could not find an individual from within willing to do everything I have been, so it is being split to three peeps.

3 people?  Well that tells a big part of the story then. I hope that you're able to take a bit of a break and relax after you finish your notice.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, spyke said:

3 people?  Well that tells a big part of the story then. I hope that you're able to take a bit of a break and relax after you finish your notice.  

I am looking forward to having just my own business to run.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..