The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

That make me happy.  I hope you all manage to have a decent day. @kbois i am very sorry and it does suck. it is awful not being where you know you should, need and want to be at times like this. Hold on to the ones you can. xo

Because of how my life was, and how i am now, i don't have a lot of friends in real life. So i want you all to know this:

:) 
Being your friend - and the rest of you as well - is easy and natural 
Have a great day DiCers! 

PS: I just witnessed the bunny hop-running around the backyard. Adorbs! :D 

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator

And, I’m the fun aunt who gets down on the floor with the kids and plays kids game.

True story: when my nephew was four (I was forty at the time) he asked me if I lived with an adult. :o 

Of course, I said yes, I did...

Spoiler

My cat :P 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, kbois said:

My circle of friends in "real life" is extremely small. I've never been comfortable in many social settings. The mere fact that I can be more of who I really am within this forum is important to me. There's an acceptance that I'm not sure I could get elsewhere. 

So well said @kbois. I think that people often confuse acquaintances for friends. I've always felt that if I could count my friends on one hand, I was doing good. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

I wanna be the uncle that tells super scary stories to all his nephews and nieces, then sends them home.

If I've not earned a hard, disapproving glare the next time we meet ... well, I'm not doing it right.

😛

So then you would be known as Uncle Scary?  No , just no @Wayne Gray. LOL

1 hour ago, kbois said:

Don't forget to add lots of sugar before sending them home. I'm picturing you as Stephen King meets Willy Wonka🤣

You must supplement the sugar with generous amounts of caffeinated soft drinks for the full effect and to maximize irritation to your sibling(s). 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

And toys that make unspeakable amounts of noise 

That run on "C" cell sized batteries, because NOBODY keeps those in their kitchen drawer, so someone will have to go to the store.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

On a slightly gross note, my brother (fun uncle!) learned many summer's ago why it's a bad idea to feed an 8 yr old (the nephew) a whole bag of cheese poofs, beef jerky and unlimited Hawaiian punch instead of actual food. His backseat learned too.  

My sister in law learned not to set out tons of Easter candy the hard, somewhat projectile way. And yes, she was the fun aunt to my kids and I was the fun aunt to hers (I let her kids eat raw cookie dough)

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening and good night.

i will be lurking for a while dealing with a infection / tooth problem. 

So take carel

Feel better soon rick!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening and good night.

i will be lurking for a while dealing with a infection / tooth problem. 

So take carel

Hope you feel better soon., rick. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Good Afternoon all, hope everyone is having a good week.

Good News as expected hubby's covid test came back negative.

I'm slowly starting to feel better but may need a second course of antibiotics owing to my health condition.

Otherwise all is reasonably well here. Everyone take care and have a good day.

take care chris ... good news about himself.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..