The Drop in Centre

19 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's overcast & muggy outside but in the living room where im working it's nice

hope your day is good

we had to turn the heat on this weekend. So it is nice and toasty. i took this week off wanting to recover but that was cancelled so taking the days and doing some cleaning and  getting a few things done to prepare for winter. 

so let’s hope you have a good day 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

today is a gloomy, rainy day the leaves are falling and are a wet mess.

So how are things with everyone?

Morning rick,

It's just mugly here. Already 77 with 73% humidity, so it's a typical southern fall day. Working from home today and trying to tie up a few loose ends because I've got to be in continuing ed class tomorrow.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

today is a gloomy, rainy day the leaves are falling and are a wet mess.

So how are things with everyone?

Not a great day. I'm just in a funky mood. Waiting for my son's therapist to call. The whole incident just got to me. 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Not a great day. I'm just in a funky mood. Waiting for my son's therapist to call. The whole incident just got to me. 

I hope the therapist can help, and I wish you and yours well. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kbois said:

hey hang in there. let’s hope the therapist gets things turned around for both you and your son.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, spyke said:

Morning rick,

It's just mugly here. Already 77 with 73% humidity, so it's a typical southern fall day. Working from home today and trying to tie up a few loose ends because I've got to be in continuing ed class tomorrow.  

Well good luck on working from home and stay safe.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I hope the therapist can help, and I wish you and yours well. 

8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

hey hang in there. let’s hope the therapist gets things turned around for both you and your son.

She's calling me on my lunch hour tomorrow. I hope she can help. I'm no longer looking forward to going away this weekend if he's still angry with us. He doesn't always make the best decisions and I don't want to worry thr whole time we're gone. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

She's calling me on my lunch hour tomorrow. I hope she can help. I'm no longer looking forward to going away this weekend if he's still angry with us. He doesn't always make the best decisions and I don't want to worry thr whole time we're gone. Thanks for the encouragement.

may i ask a question? Could your trip be the reason for this meltdown? just a thought

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

may i ask a question? Could your trip be the reason for this meltdown? just a thought

I highly doubt it. I think it's the consequence of being cooped up in the house pretty much since March. He's always been lazy? Lackadaisical? Something like that when it comes to helping out. I've just gotten to the end of my rope (husband too). We both work full time, I have my mom every weekend and it's been stressful not being able to go out anywhere.

He runs hot and cold. He keeps telling us he's going to look for jobs, but when we try to ask, or offer suggestions he gets upset, takes things the wrong way and then we're arguing. Personally I think he doesn't trust us because we didn't protect him from the a-hole who abused him. I can't blame him for that. I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Gah, sometimes things just suck. 

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm going to try to have a new attitude. It's the best I can do. 

Thanks for asking rick. 

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, kbois said:

I highly doubt it. I think it's the consequence of being cooped up in the house pretty much since March. He's always been lazy? Lackadaisical? Something like that when it comes to helping out. I've just gotten to the end of my rope (husband too). We both work full time, I have my mom every weekend and it's been stressful not being able to go out anywhere.

He runs hot and cold. He keeps telling us he's going to look for jobs, but when we try to ask, or offer suggestions he gets upset, takes things the wrong way and then we're arguing. Personally I think he doesn't trust us because we didn't protect him from the a-hole who abused him. I can't blame him for that. I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Gah, sometimes things just suck. 

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm going to try to have a new attitude. It's the best I can do. 

Thanks for asking rick. 

I feel for you. It's such a complex situation and it's got to be so frustrating for you.  So if the job thing doesn't seem to be going anywhere, what about school? A few online courses at your local community college could maybe get him involved with something, and it shouldn't cost a fortune like a 4 year school. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, spyke said:

I feel for you. It's such a complex situation and it's got to be so frustrating for you.  So if the job thing doesn't seem to be going anywhere, what about school? A few online courses at your local community college could maybe get him involved with something, and it shouldn't cost a fortune like a 4 year school. 

I would love for that to be a possibility. Unfortunately my son has pretty much hated school since kindergarten. Well, maybe 1st grade. Right before Covid he was behind in two of his four classes. The only positive thing about the shut down was his teachers basically passing everyone as long as they showed up online, which he managed to do. 

I'd be OK with the military, but he'd need to lose about 50-60 lbs and get into at least semi decent shape first. He was working out at home for a while and then lost interest. 

Like I mentioned earlier...I need a brick wall to bang my head against. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..