The Drop in Centre

3 hours ago, spyke said:

Go home now.  It's 4 o'clock......................somewhere. LOL

I made it. The last 5 minutes was rough. 

Now it's time to kick back, maybe go do early voting if hubby gets home soon. All that's on tonite's agenda is giving my son a ride to his youth group and putting groceries away when they get here. 

Tomorrow... pack a bag and drive four hours over to the Atlantic side of the state. We have a 2.5 hour sunset cruise booked. Social distancing and masks of course. I found out a local jazz band will be playing as well. 🙂

The rest of the weekend is all play it by ear. I haven't done touristy things in a while so it'll be fun. We have an airbnb reserved on the river facing east, so I guess watching a few sunrises are on the schedule too (with a big tumbler if coffee of course). We don't have to be back home until Tuesday. 

Younger son and I had a good talk and he seems to be more upbeat and his older brother will check in with him this weekend too. So, thankfully I feel ok leaving for the weekend. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend too!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

So, I finally got the chance to use my leaf blower/vacuum, and it works great! :D 

Word of advice, when using the mulcher attachment, make sure the catchment bag is zippered closed. :rolleyes:

That is all for this service announcement. :P 

Did we make a bit of a mess?? I can sympathize because been there and done that. LOL

• Like 4

I'm glad that you're able to keep your getaway plans @kbois.  Sounds like fun and I hope that you have a terrific time!

Work today beat the tar out of me, so I'm going to call it a very early night.  Take care all and have a good evening.  

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, spyke said:

I'm glad that you're able to keep your getaway plans @kbois.  Sounds like fun and I hope that you have a terrific time!

Work today beat the tar out of me, so I'm going to call it a very early night.  Take care all and have a good evening.  

Good night spoke...happy dreams 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
40 minutes ago, spyke said:

Did we make a bit of a mess?? I can sympathize because been there and done that. LOL

:whistle:

Spoiler

As I was happily mulching away unawares, the mulched leaves were falling out the bottom of the bag. Oops...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

i hope you all have a pleasant Sunday ... no matter what you can and/or choose to do

Same to you tim. I'm glad you dropped in and posted.  It's supposed to rain all day, so that will give me some lazy indoors time.  After last week, I need it!  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, spyke said:

Same to you tim. I'm glad you dropped in and posted.  It's supposed to rain all day, so that will give me some lazy indoors time.  After last week, I need it!  

sorry you had a hard week ... Sunday is the beginning of my week. i work sunday to thursday ...  it's hard to be lazy sometimes, but i'm told it's good for us to just do nothing.  it's nice to work from home ... but my job is stressful and i'm tired of it frankly. but right now, there's not a lot of hope for change.

i'll try to make the best of it.  you have a good day, spyke. 

• Like 5

Well it's 5am in the UK 🇬🇧. So as I'm wide awake I thought I'd drop in and say Good Morning to all. Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend.

Me and the hubby are well, we're just getting used to our new Tier 3 lockdown rules.

Take care everyone ❤ xx

• Like 5
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Well it's 5am in the UK 🇬🇧. So as I'm wide awake I thought I'd drop in and say Good Morning to all. Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend.

Me and the hubby are well, we're just getting used to our new Tier 3 lockdown rules.

Take care everyone ❤ xx

Take care, chris... you guys just changed your time didn't you.  our is coming up soon.  xo

• Like 2
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Take care, chris... you guys just changed your time didn't you.  our is coming up soon.  xo

Yes we did, that's why I'm awake at 5am, hopefully I'll adjust pretty quickly and 💤 a bit later.

• Like 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

doing better today finally will get into the dentist on Friday. spent the last 3 days in misery. clove oil, salt water and warm towel are my new friends. clove oil is the main ingredient in most teeth meds. the Dentist will call in some meds to help out. so everything should  get better. 

So how are things with you?

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
27 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to say good morning

doing better today finally will get into the dentist on Friday. spent the last 3 days in misery. clove oil, salt water and warm towel are my new friends. clove oil is the main ingredient in most teeth meds. the Dentist will call in some meds to help out. so everything should  get better. 

So how are things with you?

Hugz, hurting teeth are awful, so I’m glad you’re doing better, rick.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This is the earliest we've had an "Ice Storm Warning" issued in the state. Lost power for about an hour this afternoon (along w. ~720 other households) and we have another round of freezing rain moving in overnight.  Big issue is the leaves are still on the trees, which increases the probability that limbs will drop -- taking out power lines along the way.

You'd think in a state that regularly has little things like extremely powerful thunderstorms, high winds, and tornadoes that most lines would be buried, but you'd be wrong. With the hard clay soil it's cheaper to just replace / repair the lines when they get taken down than it is to bury them; and because Utilities are generally a for-profit business in this country, there is no incentive to spend more $$$ up-front in order to insure uninterrupted electrical service.

• Like 4

Well it's Monday evening and I'm sitting here on the balcony of our airbnb watching the dolphins 🐬  hunt for their dinner. There's about a half  dozen of them,  but it's kinda hard to tell. They don't exactly pop their heads out of the water and introduce themselves. 😄There’s a beautiful breeze coming off the Atlantic and I'm letting the wind dry my hair. It's actually a bit cool, which is nice coz it was really warm today.  

St. Augustine is a cool city. For those that don't know,  it's the oldest continually inhabited city in the US. Lots of history for those who are buffs and plenty of shops and restaurants for those who aren't.

For those interested there are also two distilleries and a winery, all are easily accessible via the trolley. I left behind a good chunk of change at each one, but hey, I don't need to buy whiskey, rum, gin or moonshine for at least a year. Oh yeah, bourbon maple syrup too! We had brunch at the St. Augustine Distillery and I had the BEST French Toast I have ever had the pleasure of introducing my taste buds to! 

I have no idea how anyone could've gone to Disney over the summer. It's been in the low 80s here, but wearing a mask outdoors is Hell. So much worse than indoors. Masks are no longer mandatory in this county,, but most stores still have a requirement posted. We wore ours whenever we were near other people. The trolley is open air and they have plexiglass between all the rows. 

My knees are toast. My feet hate me, but my brain has reset and I'm in a good place. It's amazing what a little R&R can do for one's soul. 

We are off to a ghost tour later on so if you never hear from me again you'll know that it twas a ghost that did me in!

I hope everyone has a good week.

@rickproehl I hope you get some relief with your dental issues soon. 

• Love 2

@Fae Briona ice storms are the worst! It's amazing to me that 1/4 inch of ice can do so much damage to trees and the utility infrastructure. I'm in a subdivision where all the utilities are buried, but that doesn't mean a thing when the main transmission lines are all above ground.  🤞 for you.

@kbois So glad to hear that you're having a great time and are revitalized. You deserve it. Enjoy the ghost tour. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hugz, hurting teeth are awful, so I’m glad you’re doing better, rick.

36 minutes ago, kbois said:

@rickproehl I hope you get some relief with your dental issues soon. 

thanks for the good wishes. the Dentist sent a prescription for meds which have helped. hopefully going to get a full nights sleep. 
so thanks and going to go ahead and get some needed rest. 
sweet when it is your time.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Just wanted to say hello.. of course, it’s late and no one’s about, BUT..... you’ll know I’ve been. 😄 

Be well, everyone. Take care of yourselves.. xo

I dunno, but this made me laugh. Thanks, for the giggle, Def!  :P 

Be well, my friend. :hug: 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..