2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Dang it, I’m hungry now. *sigh* 

i get that!

2 hours ago, kbois said:

You're on an egg roll today molly!

:gikkle:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I need a little advice from my fellow writers.....I'm waffling over whose POV to write from...

When writing about a life changing event do you prefer to tell the story from the POV of the character it happened to? (Who happens not to be one of the main characters, more of a supporting character)

OR

Do you prefer to read the story from the POV of one of the two main characters who are listening to the life changing event story?

I know I should go with my gut, but there's this little voice of doubt in my head (whispering to all the other little voices) that says to stick to one of the two main characters instead of introducing a new POV.

Ugh...decisions.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, kbois said:

I need a little advice from my fellow writers.....I'm waffling over whose POV to write from...

When writing about a life changing event do you prefer to tell the story from the POV of the character it happened to? (Who happens not to be one of the main characters, more of a supporting character)

OR

Do you prefer to read the story from the POV of one of the two main characters who are listening to the life changing event story?

I know I should go with my gut, but there's this little voice of doubt in my head (whispering to all the other little voices) that says to stick to one of the two main characters instead of introducing a new POV.

Ugh...decisions.

i may not be writing, but i can still edit.  i still know what makes stories/scene work. If you need a reference :)  you can ask Wayne. 

what you are asking is interesting though unnecessary.  it doesn't matter what pov i like to read or write in ... what is drawing you to this supporting character's voice?  Why do you want to tell the story that way?

You need to ask yourself these questions.  Will that character's voice be enough to carry the story from start to finish? 

Lots use multiple POVs, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Personally hate stories where they are labelled as such. If you are worth your salt, a reader should know who is speaking and not need the chapter labelled with the name.  But i digress...

So, why does this character want to tell us this story?  It's an interesting idea... the story told to me by the guy sitting quietly in the corner... he has a drink and a cigarette .. and he is looking at the two MCs. He points his cigarette at them, looks at me, and says, "You see them two? Well, they weren't always so close ...."

You need to decide how your story is better told and by who. 

If i can help, just let me know.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

.... what is drawing you to this supporting character's voice?  Why do you want to tell the story that way?

You need to ask yourself these questions.  Will that character's voice be enough to carry the story from start to finish? 

So, why does this character want to tell us this story?  

You need to decide how your story is better told and by who. 

If i can help, just let me know.

Thanks for the kick in the ass tim...you said the exact thing I needed to hear!

I'm going to stick with my gut and even though this is a supporting character, the whole story idea came about from this particular person's experience. Hopefully when I  write it, it will make sense. (If not there's always the delete key 😬)

So....minor gripe here....at my work letters were sent to every resident in September with the notice of the lot rent increase. I posted it in the newsletter for Nov, Dec, and Jan. There are notices in the mail room and there's a notice right above our drop box. So why TF did I get nearly 2 dozen checks with the wrong amount!!!??? It's not rocket science people!! 

Sorry....1st of the month after a long weekend means a gazillion checks to process. Add in payroll due by 10am and  people interrupting every 10 minutes and you've got one stressed out office admin who really is not going to answer your damn phone call to listen to you complain about people speeding yet you bitched when we put in two little speed bumps. Gah...I need it to be 5:00. Getting some sort of take out for hubby's birthday today. 

Have a good day everyone! Thanks again tim!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Geez.  I understand it used to be my job to correct/adjust invoices at the barn, but I no longer have access to the billing system.  At least I should not. Have not actually tried to sign in since my last day. 

So, I sent boss man a reminder that the invoices needed to be adjusted before Jan  billing date.

I get a bill for both stalls, plus the amount the computer thinks I am in arears for Bo's stall. I had pro rated the payment based on the day he passed, and did the stall strip and clean myself.  Stall was ready for a new resident 24 hours after Bo passed.

I send him a text saying invoice is wrong, please correct it so I can pay this month's bill. 

I get a new bill for one stall plus the "arears" .

If he thinks he is going to be paid for an empty stall he is nuts. We have had peeps move out mid month with no notice and he approved prorating for days they did not stay.  Logic says he just is screwing up by the numbers, that he has forgotten what needs doing since I did it for him for 15 years. But really, of all the peeps to screw up the billing for...

• Angry 4
9 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey all at DIC

Hope everyone is keeping well. Me and hubby both well.

🇬🇧 UK was placed into a national lockdown until Mid February tonight.

Take care all and keep safe

i hope this one works.   xoxo

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

i hope this one works.   xoxo

So do we, this gives them a 6 week start on there vaccine program. There hoping to do about 2 million a week ( not likely to happen).

Hope you and Mike are keeping well x

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Geez.  I understand it used to be my job to correct/adjust invoices at the barn, but I no longer have access to the billing system.  At least I should not. Have not actually tried to sign in since my last day. 

So, I sent boss man a reminder that the invoices needed to be adjusted before Jan  billing date.

I get a bill for both stalls, plus the amount the computer thinks I am in arears for Bo's stall. I had pro rated the payment based on the day he passed, and did the stall strip and clean myself.  Stall was ready for a new resident 24 hours after Bo passed.

I send him a text saying invoice is wrong, please correct it so I can pay this month's bill. 

I get a new bill for one stall plus the "arears" .

If he thinks he is going to be paid for an empty stall he is nuts. We have had peeps move out mid month with no notice and he approved prorating for days they did not stay.  Logic says he just is screwing up by the numbers, that he has forgotten what needs doing since I did it for him for 15 years. But really, of all the peeps to screw up the billing for...

Your not having much luck lately.

:hug:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
43 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey all at DIC

Hope everyone is keeping well. Me and hubby both well.

🇬🇧 UK was placed into a national lockdown until Mid February tonight.

Take care all and keep safe

Chris, you and your hubby take care. :hug: 

• Love 3

I have missed all of you! I have not had internet since Sunday at 4 pm until this morning. A oilfield truck hit a electric pole and knocked half of our rural community of electricity out plus all of our cable and internet out all over our rural community. I was having internet withdrawals! lol

• Wow 5
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Story Reader said:

I have missed all of you! I have not had internet since Sunday at 4 pm until this morning. A oilfield truck hit a electric pole and knocked half of our rural community of electricity out plus all of our cable and internet out all over our rural community. I was having internet withdrawals! lol

Welcome back *waves*

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

Glad to see 👀 you back.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

thank goodness you're back!!  

sorry for the issues but i'm glad it was nothing worse!! xo

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Even when things go right they make me crazy.

so yesterday bossman at the barn screwed up my bill, right? After several attempts to explain, I told him to create an itemized statement beginning June 1, I would highlight any and all errors and send it back. This would require exactly 3 clicks and entering the start date.

I get a "corrected" 1 month statement indicating they actually owe me over $600 due to mistakes he made in data entry months ago, and saying he can't find my July, August and September time sheets, please forward asap.

Damn good thing that prior to my resignation I did all of this for him with the exception of my payroll.. 

IF HE HAS EVERYONE THIS SCREWED UP, HOW DOES HE STAY IN BUSINESS?

Good news is I am apparently paid for the next 3 months once he credits the missing time. 

Head Die GIF by MarmotaStudio

i hope you do not have deal with these people ever again.  He stayed in business because he had you!!

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

Welcome back! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i hope you do not have deal with these people ever again.  He stayed in business because he had you!!

I didn't think I did all that much till I started watching things go wrong after I left!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..