The Drop in Centre

22 minutes ago, spyke said:

Today was my 14 days from the second shot, so I know exactly about that feeling of relief. I was lucky and got the same guy for both shots and I didn't feel a thing. I've told everyone I know to ask for him because he's that good.  

I hope that everyone who wants the vaccine is able to get it now.  I know our friends in Canada are having a bit of a struggle, but I just read that North Dakota is going to work with Manitoba to jointly vaccinate Canadian essential workers. 

I didn't feel the first one at all. This time...yeesh!

My brother sent out a text letting us know that Mom had her 2nd shot today too. More relief. Now he's trying to figure out how to stop her from hiding the TV remotes and the portable phone. He couldn't find them for a few hours. 

My other brother told him to look in the trunk of the '55 under the Christmas presents. I died laughing. My parents used to hide presents in the trunk of my Dad's '55 Chevy Bel Air. Candy apple red and pearl white. He drag raced with it in the early 60s before I was born. It's been years since I thought about that...good memories. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Whack-a-mole, indeed. Hope your brother is well and that you are, too, rick.

Thank you, Sir 

things are getting better brother’s labs are improving so we have the Heart Catheter scheduled for Thursday. 

i hope you are doing Well yourself.

• Like 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just thought i would drop in and report my brother surgery went well. they put 2 stents in. They kept him in the hospital overnight.

Glad this Day is over. 

Wishing everyone a Good Evening

Take Care 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Just thought i would drop in and report my brother surgery went well. they put 2 stents in. They kept him in the hospital overnight.

Glad this Day is over. 

Take Care 

That's good news rick. You have a good night too. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Glad this Day is over. 

Take Care 

That's good news.  Look after yourself rick. I know you'll look after your brother. My best wishes to you both. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Happy Friday this has been a LONG week.

spent last night just myself, my dog and 1/2 bottle of white wine. enjoyed the quiet time with just some music. woke up this am with a positive outlook. 

Waiting on my Brother to call to see when he gets out.

So Take Care 

• Love 5

Well I missed the SpaceX launch this morning by about 10 minutes. I saw the cool pretzel clouds though.  I didn't even realize there was a launch today. 

Right after we first moved down here my son's baseball game got halted when one of the space shuttles launched. Most unusual time out I've heard called so far. 

Hope everyone has a happy Friday!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

spent last night just myself, my dog and 1/2 bottle of white wine. enjoyed the quiet time with just some music. woke up this am with a positive outlook. 

Good for you rick.  Self care is extremely important. I learned that from @mollyhousemouse . 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Nothing strikes fear into a Floridian faster than coming home and discovering your house is 8 degrees higher than what your A/C thermostat is set on. 

Thankfully it was just a clogged drain pipe and ten minutes with the wet/dry vac took care of it. At least it's nice out and it would've been OK if we had to do without for the night. Another month and I probably would've headed to a hotel for the night. My tolerance for sleeping in heat and humidity disappeared a long time ago!

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, kbois said:

Nothing strikes fear into a Floridian faster than coming home and discovering your house is 8 degrees higher than what your A/C thermostat is set on. 

Thankfully it was just a clogged drain pipe and ten minutes with the wet/dry vac took care of it. At least it's nice out and it would've been OK if we had to do without for the night. Another month and I probably would've headed to a hotel for the night. My tolerance for sleeping in heat and humidity disappeared a long time ago!

Glad it was an easy fix, K. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope Sunday is good for everyone.   i am just working.  It's cool and rainy here but i can hear some birds out there and earlier some big honkers flew by. That was nice.

Have a nice day.

Hope you enjoy your day.

Going to be nice and sunny today - should be a nice one.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope Sunday is good for everyone.   i am just working.  It's cool and rainy here but i can hear some birds out there and earlier some big honkers flew by. That was nice.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day yourself, tim. The sky is clearing, so it looks like it will be a nice day. :) 

• Like 2

We're supposed to get some rain. So far just clouds. 

Cooking is on the agenda for today. Meat sauce is simmering in the crock pot and I have a recipe for Spiced Moroccan Chicken soup that I want to try. 

I also bought some spaghetti squash so if anyone has any tips on the best way to cook it.... that'd be great.

Oh yeah...found some more of the mystery fish in the freezer so more zucchini boats to make!

Have a good day!

Edited by kbois
  • Like 3

sunny & warm

no cooking today. cleaning after a week of pulling out the carpet & vinyl flooring prepping for the new flooring. Phil & the boys worked hard all week but there is dust everywhere. in 3 weeks it'll all be over & worth it.

IMG_4266.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Phil & the boys worked hard all week but there is dust everywhere. in 3 weeks it'll all be over & worth it.

Your flooring choice is going to look great, molly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..