The Drop in Centre

41 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We love lamb. Many don't because of the strong flavour.  Michael loves lamb and mutton. Mutton is a much stronger flavour and i'm not a fan.

But leg of lamb?  Yes. Do not over cook it. It's best if it's just very slightly pink inside. The longer it cooks, the stronger the flavour.  We have it the traditional English way, roasted and served with mint sauce, roasted potato and veg. Rosemary is fine, but please, do not put garlic on my Husbands lamb. No, never!!!

Then the leftovers are made into lamb curry. 

We both love curries and lamb is a fav version.

I am one of the world's pickiest eaters. That (plus the fact that Justin can mess up making a sandwich) is why I do all the cooking, that way I can control what we eat. As far as I know I've never eaten lamb, it's unlikely they've stuck it in a dish for rijstaffel in Amsterdam and that would be the only way I would have ever gotten any.

I'm not sure why I'm so picky. I've always been that way, from childhood on. For example, I hate any meat with bones still in it. Also, can't handle the skin of anything being on it. So for me chicken is boneless, skinless. Steaks have no bones. I do cook prime rib with bones attached but they get removed before I bring it to the table to slice it.

When we get lobster I've been known to ask the restaurant to remove all traces of the shell and just bring me the meat. One relatively fancy restaurant did that for me and then rearranged the meat on the plate to resemble the lobster.

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure how much I'll be around over the next few days. My Dad passed away this morning and as the eldest I'm the executor and tasked with organising everything.

Take care all x

So sorry Chris. 

Take things one at a time and take care of yourself too. *hugs*

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
52 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure how much I'll be around over the next few days. My Dad passed away this morning and as the eldest I'm the executor and tasked with organising everything.

Take care all x

:hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

Take care all x

Chris sorry to hear about this. take care 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just thought i would drop in and say Good Afternoon.

Like a lot of people dealing with seasonal allergies. taking advice of doctor and she said to take meds for this at night when going to bed. they make you drowsy so sleep thru it. Which helps me sleep at night. So far it is working for me.

i see we all have all had our challenges.

Take Care - So how are things with you?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

Take care all x

My condolences, Chris. Take care.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just thought i would drop in and say Good Afternoon.

Like a lot of people dealing with seasonal allergies. taking advice of doctor and she said to take meds for this at night when going to bed. they make you drowsy so sleep thru it. Which helps me sleep at night. So far it is working for me.

i see we all have all had our challenges.

Take Care - So how are things with you?

Allergies have been plaguing me for several weeks now. Short of hospital grade anesthesia nothing helps me with sleeping. I can knock back melatonin and 5 ibuprofen pm and still wake up every hour or so. I've just basically learned to live with exhaustion. My newest thing is sitting down after I get home and as soon as my husband puts the TV on...my eyes close and I drift off just enough that my head tilts back and then I wake myself up with a snore. Hubby usually side-eyes me and says "y'ok?" 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

Take care all x

I am very sorry for your loss Chris. Take care of yourself and we'll be here if you need us. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

Take care all x

Deepest condolences.   May the memories bring you comfort during your grief 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

Take care all x

so sorry to hear this chris

try to take time to care for yourself while you are dealing with this. i learned last summer how important that is

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

image.png.a426b1c65558d2065916a14980be2e24.png

Sleep was elusive, but I'm on board with the new hopes and positive energy. (As soon as the coffee hits!)

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 3
20 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

Take care all x

I'm sorry to hear that.  My dad passed just a couple of weeks ago, at just a few month's short of 100. If there is a sibling that you trust to do something better than you could, delegate the task.  My brother is the executor but gave me the insurance stuff while he took care of banking issues.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I'm sorry to hear that.  My dad passed just a couple of weeks ago, at just a few month's short of 100. If there is a sibling that you trust to do something better than you could, delegate the task.  My brother is the executor but gave me the insurance stuff while he took care of banking issues.

Such great advice, Fae. 

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well yes, because as we all know .. all people are exactly the same. No one could possibly need anything different than the standard.

I hope SP is okay .. sounds like he has understanding bosses. 

Thankfully, he does.  They'll probably put him on something other than what he normally does for a bit, that requires less physical work.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey everyone,

Take care all x

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully things will go smoothly with the organizing and the family afterward. I had to handle everything when both my parents died. I was already their tax man so I knew where every piece of important paper was.

• Like 3

Well it looks like it's not gonna be smooth organising Dad's funeral. It seems the coroner is treating it as an unexplained death as Dad hadn't seen a Dr in the last 14 days, so we have the possibility that an autopsy may have to take place.

So I'm stuck in Wales without the Hubby for at least the next 2 weeks because of Covid and the stupid regulations. Fortunately my Sister and her kids live in the same town and I can see them outdoors.

That's the only reason I'm on here can't do anything else until the Death Certificate is issued, then I'll be mad busy and will be missing for a few days.

I dread to think how many notifications I'll have, I had 178 this morning.

Take care all and keep safe xx

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
35 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Sorry  if I'm ranting, I've got nowhere else to release at the moment x

You can rant all you want. Use all caps too if necessary. We got your back Chris. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Sorry  if I'm ranting, I've got nowhere else to release at the moment x

You're not ranting at all so no apology is necessary.  That's just horrible about not being able to bury your dad until May.  If you need to yell, scream, holler, shout, or cry, then you go right ahead. We're here for you. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..