The Drop in Centre

6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope Sunday is good for everyone.   i am just working.  It's cool and rainy here but i can hear some birds out there and earlier some big honkers flew by. That was nice.

Have a nice day.

hearing the birds in the morning is a good thing. i love it! hope your day goes smoothly.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, kbois said:

We're supposed to get some rain. So far just clouds. 

Cooking is on the agenda for today. Meat sauce is simmering in the crock pot and I have a recipe for Spiced Moroccan Chicken soup that I want to try. 

I also bought some spaghetti squash so if anyone has any tips on the best way to cook it.... that'd be great.

Oh yeah...found some more of the mystery fish in the freezer so more zucchini boats to make!

Have a good day!

roast your spaghetti squash.. cut it in half lengthwise

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

This forum is amazing. It's the only place where I can let myself be exactly who I am and not be judged. 

Thanks for being here. xo

We’ll always be here and judging is not a word we know. I too have always struggled with excess weight, so I know it’s not an easy thing to deal with. 

Good luck to you, K. :) 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sunny & warm

no cooking today. cleaning after a week of pulling out the carpet & vinyl flooring prepping for the new flooring. Phil & the boys worked hard all week but there is dust everywhere. in 3 weeks it'll all be over & worth it.

IMG_4266.jpg

Ooh! I like that molly!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kbois said:

It's going to be a long journey, with plenty of ups and downs. But I know where to come to when I need a little encouragement or to celebrate a milestone achievement. 

This forum is amazing. It's the only place where I can let myself be exactly who I am and not be judged. 

I think one of our mutual commonalities is that we've all had our fill of judgmental idiots in our lives, and that's one of the things binds us together in this group. So we're not about to judge. Not now and not ever. We all know just how amazing you are, so if you need a bit of encouragement, you know where to come. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sunny & warm

no cooking today. cleaning after a week of pulling out the carpet & vinyl flooring prepping for the new flooring. Phil & the boys worked hard all week but there is dust everywhere. in 3 weeks it'll all be over & worth it.

IMG_4266.jpg

Oh I really like this Molly.  Very nice. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope Sunday is good for everyone.   i am just working.  It's cool and rainy here but i can hear some birds out there and earlier some big honkers flew by. That was nice.

Have a nice day.

Hello tim. Speaking of birds, the Eastern Bluebird that showed up last year in my yard came back!! He was out there this evening and I've become THAT middle-aged person excited over the yard birds lol 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Today was a good day. Cooking is still going on. So far so good. 

I've recently (beginning of March) started on a journey that I've started many, many times in my life. One I'm sure that some of you have taken part in as well. I've been fat since I was 9 years old. Over the past year I hit a mark that I am totally ashamed of. My self esteem went totally in the proverbial toilet. 

I've tried many many diets and programs. Weight Watchers so many times I'm surprised they don't have a revolving door for me. I always felt shamed into weight loss before. I seriously considered surgery, but even with insurance the price is too much. 

This time I am not doing it for any other reason other than wanting to be completely selfish and think of myself for a change. 

I looked at a few programs, even signed up for WW online, then after a few days cancelled it because I'd been down the road before and knew it wasn't a good fit for me. 

I signed up for Noom because they tackle pretty every aspect of weight loss. It's a lot of psychology, which until I experienced group therapy after the fallout of what happened to my son, I had been skeptical. 

Part of their program is teaching accountability and encouraging me to tell people what I'm doing. That's something I've struggled with in the past. It's always embarrassed me. It's still embarrassing, but I'm learning to deal with it. 

It's going to be a long journey, with plenty of ups and downs. But I know where to come to when I need a little encouragement or to celebrate a milestone achievement. 

this is a no judgement zone. we'll be here for accountability, support and cheerleading! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning

FB_IMG_1619435260468.jpg

I've already had to retrace my steps this morning. I grabbed my husband's work phone by mistake. Was halfway to work when he called and had to turn around (he did offer to meet me halfway but I knew by the time he got out the door I'd be almost home). By the time I got to work 2 of 3 maintenance guys called out. Add in my boss flying back down here today and.... ahhhhhh Monday. 

Namaste everyone!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
18 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks Reader! the landlady is doing upgrades & gave us a choice of 3. these were by far the nicest.

Very nice of the landlady to give you some options and not just install something.

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, kbois said:

I've already had to retrace my steps this morning. I grabbed my husband's work phone by mistake. Was halfway to work when he called and had to turn around (he did offer to meet me halfway but I knew by the time he got out the door I'd be almost home). By the time I got to work 2 of 3 maintenance guys called out. Add in my boss flying back down here today and.... ahhhhhh Monday. 

Namaste everyone!

Yep. It's going to be a "deep breaths" sort of day. Happy Monday everyone!

• Like 4
6 hours ago, spyke said:

Yep. It's going to be a "deep breaths" sort of day. Happy Monday everyone!

My "deep breathing" is on the verge of hyperventilation.

Another case of not being believed after explaining something four times!! 

Wall....let me introduce you to Head.

*sigh*

• Wow 3
3 hours ago, kbois said:

My "deep breathing" is on the verge of hyperventilation.

Another case of not being believed after explaining something four times!! 

Wall....let me introduce you to Head.

*sigh*

I have a saying for those types of people and I've actually had the guts to use it more than a couple of times:

"You could test the patience of Job, and Job would lose."

Feel free to borrow it anytime. 

Another one I heard years ago (when an employee was arguing with a shift manager at Burger King) was "You had to work extremely hard this morning to get out of the side of the bed that was labeled STUPID, didn't you?"  I spewed my coffee out over that one! 🤣

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, spyke said:

I have a saying for those types of people and I've actually had the guts to use it more than a couple of times:

"You could test the patience of Job, and Job would lose."

Feel free to borrow it anytime. 

Another one I heard years ago (when an employee was arguing with a shift manager at Burger King) was "You had to work extremely hard this morning to get out of the side of the bed that was labeled STUPID, didn't you?"  I spewed my coffee out over that one! 🤣

I kinda like the second one. I've never been able to handle stupid people, that's why I had my own operations group. It's also why I retired at age 39. It was much easier and almost as profitable to be a drug dealer (legitimate) and then if anyone bothered you it didn't matter because you were always "testing" the weed.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Definitely going to pass this on. Thanks for posting it, tim. 

• Like 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

i hope you are having a Good Day. 

to day the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the grass is growing. Snow last week and a high of 80 f (26.6 c) so look out we are going from Winter to Summer.

i hope everyone is having a good week.

So Take Care 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..