Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, dughlas said:

It's worse this morning, 82/28° with 94% humidity so it feels like 93/34°. Forecast is for heat index of 104/40°.

The pup and I are leaving Wednesday afternoon to head back to PA. After an overnight in NC we should be home Thursday mid-day.

Have a safe trip :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

It's worse this morning, 82/28° with 94% humidity so it feels like 93/34°. Forecast is for heat index of 104/40°.

The pup and I are leaving Wednesday afternoon to head back to PA. After an overnight in NC we should be home Thursday mid-day.

Hey, dugh and Mum. :hug: Have a safe trip. It must be hard to leave Mum, but it should feel good to be home again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, dughlas said:

Safe travels, bro! :thumbup:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

My story likes have been stuck at 16,666 for a while, and for some reason it is freaking me out. Is the devil coming for me? :unsure2: 

So that''s the number 16, followed by 666...

Could mean there's 16 devils coming for you. :huh:

Not sure what would be the worse, 16 devils or 16 vestal virgins... :unsure:

Spoiler

I remember that song being added to the jukebox in the students' union bar when I was in my first  year at university, and still being on it when I finally left after five years. I think the only other song that managed to do that was Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit.

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Marty said:

So that''s the number 16, followed by 666...

Could mean there's 16 devils coming for you. :huh:

Not sure what would be the worse, 16 devils or 16 vestal virgins... :unsure:

Hide contents

I remember that song being added to the jukebox in the students' union bar when I was in my first  year at university, and still being on it when I finally left after five years. I think the only other song that managed to do that was Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit.

I couldn't get enough of this song... a great slow dance song. :)  Also was a huge fan of Grace Slick, and "White Rabbit". 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I couldn't get enough of this song... a great slow dance song. :)  Also was a huge fan of Grace Slick, and "White Rabbit". 

Oh, yes!

Those were the days, my friend! :yes:

Spoiler

Not sure if that song made it across the pond...

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Marty said:

Oh, yes!

Those were the days, my friend! :yes:

Hide contents

Not sure if that song made it across the pond...

Yes, they were the days. Some of the best music ever came from our era... and yeah, "Those Were the Days" was huge over here. :heart: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Albert1434 said:

Gary have I ever told you what a powerful knack you have for writing turning points in stories :yes: If not then I should have!

Thanks, Albert! You've said some kind and supportive things... my favorite is when you coined the phrase "Gary Magic." :heart:  Others have picked it up. :) 

• Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

blob:https://www.facebook.com/35c9d391-b07e-45be-b5c7-ab488c458fda

It's not loading for me, Albert. :/

Says: This page isn't available at the moment

[EDIT] And that was after I removed the blob: from the front of it..
Edited by Marty
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..