Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

52 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

So Gary you think you can get a picture of Bucket in Red Speedo please :yes:

I hold no sway in the upside down, I'm afraid, Albert. You're on your own, buddy. :P 

• Haha 4

I'll say this: it felt weird, not having events for Pride or July 4th this year. There were a few people swimming at Clinch Park on Independence Day, but it looked more like the weekend after the tourist season is over. Maybe we'll go on a trip before this is over.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Have a care Page I would hate to see you get sick😲

We weren't at the beach on Independence Day; it's right next to US-31, so we saw it from the car as we were driving down the road.  :yes: 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Chilly morning but a beautiful day :) 

The same is forecast for tomorrow. Very chilly morning 

Hey, B. :hug:  36 here... feels like 42... disgusting....

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Site Administrator

It's 98 here.  We tied the record for the highest temps ever here.  My AC can't keep up.  The coolest I can get the house is 78.  We also broke a record for most consecutive days of 90 degrees or above.  We'll get a slight reprieve this weekend, then temps go back into the 90s for the foreseeable future.  Thank goodness I found a good low-carb ice cream at the grocery store today.  I already ate a whole pint :gikkle:  

• Haha 2
  • Wow 3
7 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hey, B. :hug:  36 here... feels like 42... disgusting....

Hi Gary that does sound oppressive :hug:

3 here and I’m not getting out of bed until it reaches double digits...

or I get hungry or need to visit the loo :P

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

We had Lobster ravioli with alfredo sauce

and Garden salad:yes:

We had Taco-grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. Grilled onions and peppers, taco meat, tortilla chips, and a whole pile of cheese in a toasted sandwich. Spicy roasted potatoes on the side.  :D

• Like 3

Morning, all. :hug:

Most important news I have today is that I am expecting a delivery of 16 kilogram (about 35 pound) of stoneground strong wholemeal flour this afternoon. Since the lockdown, it's been impossible to find wholemeal bread flour in the stores and, as I am rapidly coming to the end of what I already had in stock, I went online yesterday and ordered in bulk from a flour mill in the south of the country. White bread flour is occasionally on the shelves in the stores, but I detest white bread.

Cloudy sort of day here, with the occasional shower forecast. Currently about 14°C (57°F) and only expected to rise to around 16°C (61°F). The longer term forecast is not promising much change, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Met Office are as wrong as they often are when they try to predict more than a few days ahead. :yes:

My breakfast was porridge with stewed prunes, blueberries, and honey.

And... once I finish my second mug of coffee, I might just be able to face the day. ;) 

unnamed-241.jpg

Edited by Marty
Not enough caffeine in my system to type correctly on first attempt.
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..