Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

16 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

For breakfast this morning, I had toast with homemade watermelon jam.  :yes: 

Watermelon jam? That's one I've not heard of before. Do you need to add pectin to get it to gel?

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all what a difference a few days make. Last week we had temps in excess of 90/32° with extreme humidity. Currently it's 69/21° with moderate humidity and overcast. The forecast is calling for rain later today and overnight. I mowed my yard this morning after pruning the pines to avoid the need to duck my head repeatedly during said mowing.

I learned this morning that the lady nextdoor has tested positive for COVID.  She started feeling poorly the end of last week and was tested. She began to feel better over the weekend and feels okay today but must remain in quarantine until September 5th. Her husband who has no symptoms must quarantine for the next 10 days. He was told they will not test him unless he shows symptoms. Fortunately my interactions with them have been limited to infrequent across the yard chats so I'm not concerned.

Blessed be.

Jeez, that's close to home. Thank god your interactions were limited to distant chats. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all what a difference a few days make. Last week we had temps in excess of 90/32° with extreme humidity. Currently it's 69/21° with moderate humidity and overcast. The forecast is calling for rain later today and overnight. I mowed my yard this morning after pruning the pines to avoid the need to duck my head repeatedly during said mowing.

I learned this morning that the lady nextdoor has tested positive for COVID.  She started feeling poorly the end of last week and was tested. She began to feel better over the weekend and feels okay today but must remain in quarantine until September 5th. Her husband who has no symptoms must quarantine for the next 10 days. He was told they will not test him unless he shows symptoms. Fortunately my interactions with them have been limited to infrequent across the yard chats so I'm not concerned.

Blessed be.

What Gary said! :thumbup:

Blessèd be, and stay safe, dughlas. :hug:

Edited by Marty
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Marty said:

But I then decided to delete it, just to see what your reaction would be! :P

Hey, Marty.   :hug:

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Watermelon jam? That's one I've not heard of before. Do you need to add pectin to get it to gel?

Yep.  :)  https://www.melaniecooks.com/watermelon-jam/16566/

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..