Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

50 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

This is one of my grandfathers favorites

I like it too. There was a time that songs told a story, I miss those ballads.  

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Headstall said:

He does a rendition of "Fancy" that gives me chills. :)  The word changes are powerful...

Powerful! ❤️

Never come across Orville before. Thanks for bringing him to my attention, Gary. :thumbup:

Edited by Marty
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Marty said:

Johnny Cash was my mammy's favourite singer. She always said the following song was the reason:

Reveal hidden contents

I'll admit to still having a few vinyl LP's of his, although the final four or five album's of his are, in my opinion, some of his best work. Some of his interpretations of a number of classic rock songs are out of this world.

The following video, where he performs Hurt by Nine Inch Nails, always brings me out in goosebumps...

Hide contents

I agree with your Mam.

Never heard his cover of Hurt but it's powerful and fits him well.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Marty said:

Happy Friday, everyone! :hug:

Funny-Happy-Friday-picture-with-saying.j

I really hope your day goes as well as mine is so far. :yes:   

So I dropped the blood pressure monitor back into the local health centre this morning. My GP asked me to wait outside until he had checked the results so we could discuss them. Fifteen minutes or so later he popped his head out of the door, and his exact first words to me were: "Your blood pressure is excellent. Probably better than mine."

I can tell you I walked home with smile on my face and a spring in my step. :D 

Woot woot!  Hey, Marty... :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..