Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Sad. Turkey hunting season opens tomorrow, for the entire month of October, for bow hunting. Shotgun hunting is from the thirteenth to the twenty-sixth, but I am already hearing gunshots. I heard one on Saturday, but I heard about six yesterday, and a couple early this morning. My poor turkeys' days are numbered.  Cars with hunters are already driving by slowly... a sure sign. 

I worry for Cookie and the cats too. :(  The fall limit is one, but I don't believe they stop at one. 

I do respect hunters, but they come too damn close to my land. 

• Sad 5
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

Mum thanks you all for the birthday wishes. Last evening the neighbors immediately to each side took her out for dinner. She enjoyed it and felt safe. She also received fresh flowers and cake. A friend knowing an entire cake would too much delivered a half dozen homebaked black bottom cupcakes. Today two other neighbors dropped by with greetings and small gifts. She has enjoyed her day very much.

My thanks also. Thistle and I will leave in two weeks to return to SC for the winter. We're all looking forward to seeing one another again.

:D  :heart: 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..