Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

24 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

We're having the Octoberfest pizza from The Filling Station. Roasted onions and garlic, beer-braised sauerkraut, kielbasa sausage, mozzarella cheese, and a mustard-creme drizzle.  :)

Wow. No thank you. Not fond of sauerkraut though with the other ingredients to balance the sour this might be okay. Of course the sodium levels put far off my approved foodstuffs list.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
7 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Wow. No thank you. Not fond of sauerkraut though with the other ingredients to balance the sour this might be okay. Of course the sodium levels put far off my approved foodstuffs list.

The sauerkraut is very mild, because of the beer-braising.  :)

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I'm not fond of the way most sauerkraut is served in the US. I prefer it cooked with apple or onion to cut the sourness. As a kid we would put ketchup on it. Now I'll put a spoonful of apple butter on it. I much prefer German red cabbage. 

Me to I love German red cabbage

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

I'm not fond of the way most sauerkraut is served in the US. I prefer it cooked with apple or onion to cut the sourness. As a kid we would put ketchup on it. Now I'll put a spoonful of apple butter on it. I much prefer German red cabbage. 

The pizza also includes thin slices of apples, in addition to the roasted onions.  :) I had a feeling that I was forgetting something.   :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..