Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Happy Solstice, everyone!! :hug:

stonehenge-solstice2.jpg?1

For most of us here, today marks the start of the days getting shorter, but I'm sure @Bucket1, living as he does in the southern hemisphere, will be celebrating the fact that just the opposite will happen for him. :yes: 

Lol I am celebrating, it’s so damn cold here at the moment. Need more sun :yes: 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Just booked my second shot... July 10... but they can't tell me which vaccine this time. Sucks!

Had my second shot this afternoon… July 10 is not that far away :hug:

I now have to wait before I can have my flu shot. I need both before I can visit dad

Edited by Bucket1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Had my second shot this afternoon… July 10 is not that far away :hug:

I now have to wait before I can have my flu shot. I need both before I can visit dad

Congratulations, B! :hug:  

Yeah, July 10 is fine with me... it's 40 days sooner than my previously booked appointment. I have to drive for an hour to get it, but that's fine too. I just wish they could guarantee me Pfizer like they did the first time. It might be convenient for them to dismiss what our first shot was but I think it is poor planning. :) 

• Love 5

It's a warm muggy day, currently 90/32° but feels like 96/36°. I know it's hotter out west but for us this is near record. Forecast is for potentially severe storms later this afternoon and/or evening. Mum and I were busy with yardwork, cutting the grass, weeding, mulching earlier but now we're all resting/dozing in the shade enjoying the breeze.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

So now it's Wed's the CyberKnife

CyberKnife is an advanced technology that delivers a specialized form of radiation therapy called stereotactic radiosurgery, or stereotactic body radiation therapy. It is comprised of a compact linear accelerator, a machine that generates a radiation beam, attached to a highly maneuverable robotic arm.

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, dughlas said:

It's a warm muggy day, currently 90/32° but feels like 96/36°. I know it's hotter out west but for us this is near record. Forecast is for potentially severe storms later this afternoon and/or evening. Mum and I were busy with yardwork, cutting the grass, weeding, mulching earlier but now we're all resting/dozing in the shade enjoying the breeze.

Muggy here too, dugh, but the sun is back out again. I thought it was going to storm for a while, but the clouds have cleared. I still have some weeding to do along the far side of the house where my son's walkway is, but it is too hot and oppressive. At least I weeded around the central air conditioner. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, Headstall said:

Got my lawns mowed with black clouds hovering over me and a few splatters of raindrops. When I backed into the barn doors, the rain let loose. :D  I thanked the earth mother for her assistance. 

And I'll thank the Almighty Cod on your behalf. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
22 minutes ago, Marty said:

And I'll thank the Almighty Cod on your behalf. :yes:

The wind has come up but it's just stirring air that feels like furnace air. I expect a storm at some point. :) 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..