Open Club  ·  133 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

3 hours ago, dughlas said:

How are you feeling today? Able to get out of bed with out too many groans.

Unfortunately, no. I feel like I've been hit with a shovel more than a few times. My neck, shoulders(both) and back, all ache, and have all night long. As has my head. The swelling has gone down a bit in my knee though. My left wrist hurts from being jammed, and has a medium sized bruise, but as long as I don't ask much of it, it's fine. Falling onto hard pavement really sucks. :huh: 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

I'm leaving shortly to pick up my dad and take him to the hospital. He's having a procedure where they stop his heart and then let his pacemaker restart it. He had the pacemaker implanted last month but has been in afib recently. They did this once before in the spring before he had the pacemaker and it took 7 seconds until his heart restarted. Fingers crossed that things go better this time.

:hug:  :kiss:  🤞

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2

Happy Thursday, all! :hug:  My condolences to those those people who lost lives in New York, and to their families, and to all the other victims of the latest storm. I think we all should be afraid of what we've done to our environment. :( 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 4
16 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Falling onto hard pavement really sucks. :huh: 

You were lucky enough to fall onto soft pavement before? :huh:

Joke aside I hope you feel better soon and please please, I know you hate it, but if it doesn't go see you doctor :hug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
25 minutes ago, clochette said:

Joke aside I hope you feel better soon and please please, I know you hate it, but if it doesn't go see you doctor :hug:

Thanks, clo, but I don't need a doctor. I'll be sore for a few days and then I'll be fine. :hug: 

• Love 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
3 hours ago, Headstall said:

Unfortunately, no. I feel like I've been hit with a shovel more than a few times. My neck, shoulders(both) and back, all ache, and have all night long. As has my head. The swelling has gone down a bit in my knee though. My left wrist hurts from being jammed, and has a medium sized bruise, but as long as I don't ask much of it, it's fine. Falling onto hard pavement really sucks. :huh: 

I expected as much. You remember when we were young, you'll likely need to think back to the last century ... you remember when tv was black and white, a spill like that would have been a minor annoyance.

2 hours ago, clochette said:

Luck has nothing to with it, sometimes you need to fall 3 or 4 times before you can find the soft stuff.

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1

Dad's procedure went as hoped. He was only there 3 hours from arrival until we left to come home. Since he hadn't eaten since last evening they fed him what he described as a very good turkey sandwich and some cookies. We stopped on the way home for lunch so I could eat. He had a cup of chicken and rice soup.

Thank you all for your thoughts and best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I expected as much. You remember when we were young, you'll likely need to think back to the last century ... you remember when tv was black and white, a spill like that would have been a minor annoyance.

Luck has nothing to with it, sometimes you need to fall 3 or 4 times before you can find the soft stuff.

Lol. Yeah, there was a time I would have bounced back up none the worse for wear. :)  I seem to always fall on something hard... and no... not the good kind of hard. :P 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, Headstall said:

When you do something, you do it properly :huh:

Look after yourself :hug:

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..