Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

I will have to have a look. Always good to see someone else enjoy a great story :yes:

I am reading a book that is really well written but covers subject matter that I find very upsetting.  It's an interesting juxtaposition.

• Love 5
On 9/3/2021 at 7:00 PM, Albert1434 said:

OMG

Earth Is Overdue for a Supervolcano and Now Researchers Say They Erupt for Thousands of Years!

OMG

I think we're also well overdue for some bright and cheery news ...

• Love 3

It's "Heros of the Realm" weekend at Mt Hope. We celebrate our military and first responders. I kilted a pair of what I believe were brothers or perhaps cousins, they very much resembled one another in facial features as well as build. Both are currently in the Navy. Both were slightly shorter than me, so under 5'10"/178cm, weighing ~155lbs/70kg with slender builds, ie 38" chest and 30" waist.

The first lad was looking for a shirt. Initially he chose a tan one. Since he was just beginning to build his outfit I suggested a light blue one. I also had him try on a doublet the color of dark red grapes, telling him the doublet was only to create a look for future consideration. He liked how he looked as did the young lady with him. He bought the shirt leaving the doublet for another time.

Meanwhile, the other lad asked about a doublet for himself. I showed him three, one in plum, another teal and one in dove gray corduroy. He chose the gray. It fit him very well, he was pleased and purchased it.

I know your thinking but what about the kilts mentioned at the start of this tale. I often take the opportunity to get lads accompanied by a significant other to at least try on a kilt if for no other reason than eye candy is a popular treat. It is afterall sweet but has no calories. I tease that unlike chocolate ladies are willing to share their eye candy provided everyone keeps their hands to themselves, they will not share their chocolate.

Keep in mind I mentioned these two lads were slender. Each had a wee tight little bum, each cheek slightly more than a handfull. No, I did not grab hold to check though I was sorely tempted. Our shop is very tactile. We encourage touching and petting as the fabrics tend to be soft. I am known to use my hands to measure waists and chests, male customers only and only after asking permission, if a lads clothing makes visual assessment questionable. It's actually how I determined what size doublet the second lad would wear. These two would be the sweetest eye candy of the day.

I coaxed the one with his lady to try on a kilt for the shear merriment. We chose a predominantly blue plaid. I wrapped and belted him then explained that being kinetic objects kilts are often best appreciated in movement and that I would make his move. I must admit I enjoy the various expressions that statement engenders. They vary from "deer in the headlights" to curiosity as to what I'm about to do to them. In all honesty this lad didn't need to do anything but stand there to look grand. Still I rang the bell called out "KILTING!" and sent him walking across the shop to stand looking out on the side garden. As he reached the far side the final step took him into a ray of sunlight as if the Great Cod himself shone a spotlight on the lad's "assets". We determined he was "well hung" afterall the pleats curved lovingly over his wee hams before hanging in neat straight folds. After gazing out fill I bade him return to us only to have him pause midway. After a quick head to toe perusal I bid him turn his back to us. Then asked him to take a bold stance with feet should width apart with his fists on hip. He was unaware as to how broad his shoulders are and I had to tell him to spread his legs for me. Then played innocent when others in the shop found that request humorous. Dirty minded they were. Once decorum was reestablished I bade him twist his body to look over his shoulder and wink at his lady. He truly was too sexy for his kilt.

Having watched what had occurred the other lad quietly asked if he too might try on a kilt. Of course you may. We chose a plaid in soft neutrals that complimented his doublet. Having watched the previous kilting he knew what to expect. The fabric of his kilt has a very nice weight and drape. We couldn't have made a better choice to showoff his wee hams.

Neither lad bought a kilt but both were delightful and for a merry time.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dughlas said:

Neither lad bought a kilt but both were delightful and for a merry time.

On Monday, a young lad started up in the kitchen where I work. Not sure how old he is, but I'd guess at least 14, which is the minimum age of employment in this State. He's terribly cute, with sandy blonde hair reaching down to his shoulders, and a pleasantly round face. His hands and elbows are covered in half-healed scrapes and scratches. As I recall, a few of Mickey's friends often had similar injuries from constant tumbles on concrete or asphalt, so I surmise it may be due to skateboarding or something like it. He's still finding his way around, but he learns quickly. The wee fellow also doesn't curse, unlike some older lads I work with. I've been guarding my own language since he joined us at the restaurant; I would hate for him to become too comfortable using bluefish words.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

On Monday, a young lad started up in the kitchen where I work. Not sure how old he is, but I'd guess at least 14, which is the minimum age of employment in this State. He's terribly cute, with sandy blonde hair reaching down to his shoulders, and a pleasantly round face. His hands and elbows are covered in half-healed scrapes and scratches. As I recall, a few of Mickey's friends often had similar injuries from constant tumbles on concrete or asphalt, so I surmise it may be due to skateboarding or something like it. He's still finding his way around, but he learns quickly. The wee fellow also doesn't curse, unlike some older lads I work with. I've been guarding my own language since he joined us at the restaurant; I would hate for him to become too comfortable using bluefish words.

I commend you on minding your language around the lad.  Too many younglings think cussing makes them sound grownup. Part of trying on new things as they and their bodies mature into adulthood.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I commend you on minding your language around the lad.  Too many younglings think cussing makes them sound grownup. Part of trying on new things as they and their bodies mature into adulthood.

That is so true :) 

• Like 5
18 hours ago, CassieQ said:

I am reading a book that is really well written but covers subject matter that I find very upsetting.  It's an interesting juxtaposition.

Sometimes being well written makes it more confronting, you can’t just dismiss it out of hand. If it’s making you think, making you work through the upsetting bits then it can be worth the challenge.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Sometimes being well written makes it more confronting, you can’t just dismiss it out of hand. If it’s making you think, making you work through the upsetting bits then it can be worth the challenge.

I totally agree. Intelligently written stories are usually worthwhile, even if the subject matter isn't comfortable. :yes: 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..