Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

32 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

What was the last year you showed horses?

I was in my early forties, so around twenty-four years I think. After that I did team penning for a couple of years... that's working my horse with cattle. It was so much fun, and my mare loved it. :) 

• Love 4
Just now, Albert1434 said:

I wondered how much for this you would remember:2thumbs: Hope it brings back wonderful memory's

It does. I would live there every year for five days while the fair went on around us. The barns were always jammed pack with horses. I had to book stalls early in the year to ensure getting a tack stall. Used to give the guy who ran it a bottle of whiskey every year... it ensured I got treated well during my stay. :) 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Headstall said:

No, but it looks French. :huh:  Um... @clochette

Shaped like something called a beavertail, which is deep fried. 

What makes it looks french? :unsure: the jizzy sauce on top? :gikkle:

I've never saw anything like that but I've google beaver tail and does look like it though beaver tail is Canadian -_- :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, Headstall said:

:heart:  Cookie is very vocal too, and I encourage it.

Thistle was very vocal. One of my favorites was when he and mum first greeted each other when we returned from our morning walk. She would ask if he had a good walk and he would literally say "uh hunh".

• Like 1
  • Love 4

So it seems I did myself an injury as a result of that very fast walk on Saturday. I've developed tendinitis in the the tendons at both top and bottom of my right hamstring. The connection at the lower is the most uncomfortable. I skipped walking yesterday to rest it but will leave soon to walk this morning. Planning a slower more relaxed pace. 

On another note, my dad was taken to the hospital on Sunday afternoon. It seems he developed non-Covid pneumonia. Spent the last two nights there for treatment. Waiting to hear if he'll be released today. Mum and I leave tomorrow morning for SC.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
5 hours ago, dughlas said:

So it seems I did myself an injury as a result of that very fast walk on Saturday. I've developed tendinitis in the the tendons at both top and bottom of my right hamstring. The connection at the lower is the most uncomfortable. I skipped walking yesterday to rest it but will leave soon to walk this morning. Planning a slower more relaxed pace. 

On another note, my dad was taken to the hospital on Sunday afternoon. It seems he developed non-Covid pneumonia. Spent the last two nights there for treatment. Waiting to hear if he'll be released today. Mum and I leave tomorrow morning for SC.

Hey, bro. :hug:  It gets easier to injure ourselves every year that passes. Glad it wasn't too serious for your dad. Have a safe trip tomorrow. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..