Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

23 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

What did the Vet say?

Preliminary thought is he has a rare pancreatic tumor that is causing his body to produce too much insulin. His blood sugar remained low all day. Even after they added glucose to his fluids. I can pick Thistle up at 6:30 this evening. I'll learn more then.

• Fingers Crossed 5
36 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Preliminary thought is he has a rare pancreatic tumor that is causing his body to produce too much insulin. His blood sugar remained low all day. Even after they added glucose to his fluids. I can pick Thistle up at 6:30 this evening. I'll learn more then.

:hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Oh God Douglas I am soo sorry to hear that! 

Gives Douglas a huge hug!😢

7 hours ago, CassieQ said:

I'm so sorry.  It's horrible to lose something this special.  I hope the many memories that you shared will be comfort for years.  

7 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Dugh.  :hug: I'm sure wherever he is now, Thistle thanks you for your kindness and remembers the wonderful walks you took together.

Thank you all.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, dughlas said:

I cry lamentations to the Lord my God ... I've lost my precious dark-eyed boy.

I had Thistle euthanized this evening. Despite attempts to stabilize his blood sugar it remained low and he began to seize again. With the tumor he wasn't going to get better and likely only had a few months remaining. We had 9.5 wonderful years those few months were likely to be subpar as he faded. I couldn't do that to him or me.

Oh, dugh, I am so sorry for you and for Mum. This is devastating to hear. Thistle is at peace, and he doesn't have to worry for your concern. He's always been a part of this chat and circle of friends, as much as any human, and I will definitely miss hearing about your days with him. I liked it whenever he got his clip, and when he dug in the garden, and when you guys rested under the tree in the backyard, in the shade...

God bless him... and you. :kiss: 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Oh, dugh, I am so sorry for you and for Mum. This is devastating to hear. Thistle is at peace, and he doesn't have to worry for your concern. He's always been a part of this chat and circle of friends, as much as any human, and I will definitely miss hearing about your days with him. I liked it whenever he got his clip, and when he dug in the garden, and when you guys rested under the tree in the backyard, in the shade...

God bless him... and you. :kiss: 

Dughlas I agree with Gary!💖 

• Love 4
  • Site Administrator
20 hours ago, dughlas said:

I cry lamentations to the Lord my God ... I've lost my precious dark-eyed boy.

I had Thistle euthanized this evening. Despite attempts to stabilize his blood sugar it remained low and he began to seize again. With the tumor he wasn't going to get better and likely only had a few months remaining. We had 9.5 wonderful years those few months were likely to be subpar as he faded. I couldn't do that to him or me.

I'm so sorry to hear about Thistle :hug: I know how special he was.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..