Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Thanks. I have been slowly cleaning and packing up his things, the multitudes of toys, blankets, collars, etc. into small tubs for storage. Perhaps in time there will be another pup. If not then in time when my heart is not so broken I will pass them on to others. For now I feel compelled to keep them safe. Food and treats are sorted to share with other pups within the extended family. Two items I have kept aside, the fleece sweater that he wore on chilly morning walks and a small bandana he had been wearing the last few days. The scent of him still lingers on them ... most recent mornings found him snuggled under the blankets against my chest .. the smell reminds me of when I would first come awake to find him there ... the warmth of his small body and the way he would shift sleepily when I would scratch behind his ear to waken him.

I've gone to the park to walk the last two mornings. Yesterday I went at the usual time and walked in the predawn dark. I set a fast pace, the one I walk when alone never with him. Made it slightly more than a quarter mile before I was overwhelmed. I screamed and burst into gasping anguished sobs and raced along the darkened path for another 2 miles before I reached my car. I decided I couldn't walk in the dark another time so this morning I waited an hour until dawn began to lighten the sky. I set off at what became a surprising pace, 3 miles in 37 minutes. I don't know that I've ever walked so fast, I passed a trio of college-aged joggers. I know that I didn't intend to walk that fast and when I finished was shocked. There were no tears today, perhaps I outpaced them. It wasn't until I stopped at a traffic light and said "almost home little guy" and turned to smile at him only to encounter an empty backseat ...

Last night we went out to celebrate my son and daughter-in-law's fifth anniversary and had a lovely time.

Tonight we'll join the others from the shop for a dinner celebrating the completion of another faire season.

So while my heart and soul are battered and bruised life continues.  Wednesday morning mum and I will load the car and head for SC.

Thistle was my sixth pup and the one most firmly entrenched in my life. Sometimes he led the way, mostly he trotted along beside me, occasionally he scurried to catch up after stopping to sniff something of interest but always we were together. Each other's most cherished companion.

Thank you all for allowing me to share him with you.

Blessed be ...

This was sad, but beautiful too, dugh. We never replace them... that's impossible... but when the time is right we might add to our family. I still hear, see, and smell Mallory, as well as every dog I was lucky to share time with who came before her. You gave him the best life you could... as he did for you.... :heart: 

• Love 5

I had a cat and his name was Samson he had markings of two over lapping hearts black on a white back ground. He slept with me every night under the covers just so we could be close to each other. And when I think of him it brings tears to my eyes. I was with him when he passed was the saddest thing I ever did.

And when I think of him it brings tears to my eyes.

And I am sad once again!

God I love that cat and I miss him every day:yes:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Max is on the floor right now, pushing a little rubber ball around for Sneakers to amuse himself. Sneakers doesn't "fetch" the way a dog would; rather, he chases the ball with his nose and swats at it, like a cat.  :)

Your skunk acts like a cat and my cat acts like a dog bringing back paper balls and nudging us to keep throwing it away...

We're only missing a dog acting like a skunk and he circle will be completed... What about Cookie, Gary? :gikkle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, clochette said:

Your skunk acts like a cat and my cat acts like a dog bringing back paper balls and nudging us to keep throwing it away...

We're only missing a dog acting like a skunk and he circle will be completed... What about Cookie, Gary? :gikkle:

Cookie acts like a queen. -_- 

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Headstall said:

:hug:  Which shot? Pfizer?

Yes.  My first two were Moderna and when I went in for the booster I asked for the Moderna, but they only had Pfizer.  I asked if it was okay to mix them, and the pharmacist told me that was fine.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, CassieQ said:

Yes.  My first two were Moderna and when I went in for the booster I asked for the Moderna, but they only had Pfizer.  I asked if it was okay to mix them, and the pharmacist told me that was fine.  

I hope you're feeling better today, Cassie. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Some of my stories(nine) are missing from my author page(GA is working on fixing it), so anyone looking for certain stories must use the story search. Cheers!

I told ya that one a few days ago! And that's how I found CoTT

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..