Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

35 minutes ago, Lugh said:

Ok, what is 'bluefish cold'?

What are BBQ-grape jelly burgers with spicy peanut butter spread... sounds like something my kiddos would like.

Bluefish is a way of saying the F word politely. :)  It is an @Bucket1 invention. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

thank heavens your not cooking in my kitchen page (home or restaurant )

Hey, I would never set up my experiments in someone else's kitchen!  :o

10 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

Imagining Page making PB and J baklava! :o

An aunt of mine us sent an order of baklava from this bakery in her State, California. After two pieces, I had to reach for a glass of water, because it was too sweet. Ended up sharing it with my coworkers and Morgan's. Don't worry, your baklava is safe.  -_-

10 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That sounds tasty! I like sweet fruity things with meat. Pour the cherry compote over the chicken, stick it in the oven for fifteen or so minutes, the compote glazes the skin and makes it super crispy. Serve with rice. 

That sounds good, too.  :)

• Like 4

ok ignore me while I whine for a moment... 

Spoiler

I've been checking my "stats" and when I finished Erebi Seeking it got a few reads, but people were just not happy with it I guess because the one comment I got was... not pleased with the status quo at the end of the story.... my new story has me questioning my sanity due to the nature of the beast... and I'm almost afraid to start posting it... (when it's ready, because it's not) because I think it will ruffle as many feathers as "Forever" did... I mean... there's not even a tag for it!

end whining.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

I would totally eat this.  I'd pretty much try anything once, but this sounds really good.  Plus I trust Pagey, cause he's a master chef and stuff.  But, I'm pretty sure I'd have heartburn afterward. 

It's actually not that spicy. The seasoning is very light---just enough to make you warm inside, but it won't burn. Promise.  :)

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Lugh said:

ok ignore me while I whine for a moment... 

Reveal hidden contents

I've been checking my "stats" and when I finished Erebi Seeking it got a few reads, but people were just not happy with it I guess because the one comment I got was... not pleased with the status quo at the end of the story.... my new story has me questioning my sanity due to the nature of the beast... and I'm almost afraid to start posting it... (when it's ready, because it's not) because I think it will ruffle as many feathers as "Forever" did... I mean... there's not even a tag for it!

end whining.

Well, here's what I think: Write the story you want to write. If people like it, great! If they don't... You wrote a story you wanted to write and you were true to yourself while doing so. Only you can tell the story that's inside you. So, screw the haters. You're not their bitch.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Well, here's what I think: Write the story you want to write. If people like it, great! If they don't... You wrote a story you wanted to write and you were true to yourself while doing so. Only you can tell the story that's inside you. So, screw the haters. You're not their bitch.

I totally agree with Thorn :yes:

• Like 4
1 minute ago, clochette said:

Ah no, sorry I'll pant a raspberry plant, just one.

We already have strawberry plants. About 150 of them :gikkle: in rise beds, in plastic bottles hanging on the fence, in planting pots...

In that case: Yay, raspberries! 

1 minute ago, Randy Wade said:

I agree I write for me too not just for others.

Man, I write entirely for me. If people like it, great! If they don't....

Spoiler

fuck 'em.

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, clochette said:

Ah no, sorry I'll pant a raspberry plant, just one.

We already have strawberry plants. About 150 of them :gikkle: in rise beds, in plastic bottles hanging on the fence, in planting pots...

I have like 18 plants one just isn't going to get you many berry's :yes:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

In that case: Yay, raspberries! 

Man, I write entirely for me. If people like it, great! If they don't....

Reveal hidden contents

fuck 'em.

I think this is one of those bluefish times :rofl:

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, Randy Wade said:

I am planting some blueberry bushes this spring.

What we call blueberries here is something completely different from what you have... Arctic blueberries grow on shrubs close to the ground, and are blue (well, blueish purple) all the way through. I find this fascinating. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

What we call blueberries here is something completely different from what you have... Arctic blueberries grow on shrubs close to the ground, and are blue (well, blueish purple) all the way through. I find this fascinating. 

That funny I have seen them growing in Alaska and that is how they grow there close to the ground.  The bears love them

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..