Your current song

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2019 at 5:39 AM, Page Scrawler said:

The song starts at 2:50. It tells the story of a young boy who wants to be a girl...and the mother who enables him.   :heart:

*her. She's a girl. :) 

That's a lovely video. I love how it's all black and white until she gets the dress and then the colour kicks in as she becomes who she was always meant to be. ❤️ 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That's a lovely video. I love how it's all black and white until she gets the dress and then the colour kicks in as she becomes who she was always meant to be. ❤️ 

That one song got me addicted to Allison Goldfrapp.   :)

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 2

Miracle of Sound makes badass songs about video games, TV shows and so on he likes. They're amazing. Here's one he made for the recent Outer Worlds:

And, for Firefly fans like me, this one. Just listen to that baritone... That does funny, happy things to me, it does.

Aaaand, a song about Ciri from The Witcher:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

@Thorn Wilde, the one for Firefly makes me wanna watch the series and movie again. 

Here's one that's understated, and one that took a little while for it to hook into my brain.  But I really do love it.

FYI - not many of mine have interesting videos to go along.  I'm more into the sound alone when it comes to music.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, Page Scrawler said:

That one song got me addicted to Allison Goldfrapp.   :)

Love Allison Goldfrapp. Her range of music is wonderful.

This is one of my favorites at the moment - Florence covering Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares for Me"

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Love Allison Goldfrapp. Her range of music is wonderful.

This is one of my favorites at the moment - Florence covering Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares for Me"

I adore Florence! Got to see her live once at a festival. She's a magnificent performer.

• Love 1
On 11/24/2019 at 5:06 AM, Thorn Wilde said:

Miracle of Sound makes badass songs about video games, TV shows and so on he likes.

That reminded me of a song that I ran across on YouTube that was an 8-bit version of a tune I was searching for. I discovered that there are several people doing this (8-Bit Universe has a huge collection that includes classic rock, new wave, current music, TV theme songs, and video game-associated tunes). They are intended to sound like a very old computer or game system generating the tones. But since they use multiple tones simultaneously, some very, very early computers probably couldn’t produce those songs the same way.

I am amused by the genre, but I’m sure real musicians (eg Mr Wilde) are appalled by the description alone!
;–)

7 hours ago, droughtquake said:

That reminded me of a song that I ran across on YouTube that was an 8-bit version of a tune I was searching for. I discovered that there are several people doing this (8-Bit Universe has a huge collection that includes classic rock, new wave, current music, TV theme songs, and video game-associated tunes). They are intended to sound like a very old computer or game system generating the tones. But since they use multiple tones simultaneously, some very, very early computers probably couldn’t produce those songs the same way.

I am amused by the genre, but I’m sure real musicians (eg Mr Wilde) are appalled by the description alone!
;–)

I actually think that sounds awesome! I love old school synths, lo-fi, weird stuff.

Music serves many different purposes, and there are many different ways for music to be good. From an entertainment perspective, if it entertains you, it's good. Artistically speaking, if it makes you feel something, it's good. If it makes you think, it's good. The only bad music is music that gives you nothing. That goes for art in general. And then I can say that I don't like something, but that doesn't mean other people shouldn't. These 'taste wars' are just dumb. We can discuss why we like or don't like something, but the moment someone tells me that what I like sucks and I'm an idiot for liking it, that's a conversation I leave.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Miracle of Sound's Skyrim songs put me in mind of Blind Guardian, so I've been listening to Nightfall in Middle-Earth, which used to be one of my favourite albums back when I thought metal was the only real music. Not saying I got my name from this song... but I could have. :P 

• Haha 1
On 11/16/2019 at 7:43 AM, Thorn Wilde said:

*her. She's a girl. :) 

Forgot to mention that the song "Annabel" was inspired by Kathleen Winter’s 2010 novel of the same name, the story of an intersex child born in a remote coastal Labrador village in 1968.  The song "Clay", from the same album (Tales of Us), was based on a heart-breaking letter WWII veteran Brian Keith to his lover, another soldier known as "Dave"

• Like 1
  • Love 2