Your current song

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Did you see the metal cover I shared a bit further up? :D 

Love the series and love this song... the bard, Jaskier (Dandelion) makes for an awesome sidekick(?) ... can't wait for Season Two!

• Love 1
On 1/5/2020 at 7:50 PM, Thorn Wilde said:

Don't know who else has watched The Witcher yet, but... Have a cover.

Wow! They should include this in the series. 

I listened to his cover of Song of the White Wolf too. Jeez... that note before the guitar solo...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Love the series and love this song... the bard, Jaskier (Dandelion) makes for an awesome sidekick(?) ... can't wait for Season Two!

As someone who’s played all the games and read a couple of the books, I think the show was pretty much perfect. Also can’t wait for the next season. :D 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

As someone who’s played all the games and read a couple of the books, I think the show was pretty much perfect. Also can’t wait for the next season. :D 

ditto

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been listening to this album by Voltaire on repeat for the past couple of days. Cracks me up so much! For my fellow nerds (contains swearing).

Fair warning if you go on to listen to the rest of the album: These are the least offensive songs on it. And if you're sensitive, DO NOT listen to The Trouble with Tribbles or Cantina.

Edited by Thorn Wilde

I adore this music video so much. The song's catchy, the dancing's good, and it's so gay! A commenter on YouTube said it best:

Miike Snow: I need you to make a video for Genghis Khan.
Ninian Doff: ... Did you say 'Gay James Bond?'
Miike Snow: ...YES

Edited to add: OMG! This one has the same dudes playing Khrushchev and Kennedy! lol

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I don't normally listen to The Beatles, but after watching Jojo Rabbit, I'm liking this German version.  :)

I didn’t realize The Beatles recorded a cover of Springtime for Hitler!
;–)

• 2 weeks later...

@jamessavik Thanks for sharing The Unforgiven. I haven't listened to it in far too long and it used to be one of my favourites. I was once at a folk music thing, kind of a meet-up, in Sweden, and it was about two in the morning, people sitting passing a guitar around. And we played this. Two or three acoustic guitars, I sang, and more people kept turning up to join. Got to the solo and this older guy pulls out a fiddle and just shreds it, the perfect fucking rendition of that thing. Gave me chills. Such a good night. Anyway, fond memories.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Heard on the car radio while heading home late tonight...

One of a number of songs the DJ played as a result of restrictions put in place today by the Irish Government in response to the covid-19 pandemic.

• Love 1

I was a rocker and that's all I listened to be it album, cassette, or the radio. There, I've said it and I own up to it.:P

But... as so often there is, in 1983 a new-to-me group popped up on my radar: Talking Heads. They were touring to promote Speaking In Tongues, their newest (perhaps their greatest album, but no one can deny that this work was what put the Talking Heads on the map for very many people). I bought two tickets to see them hoping I could convince someone to go along with me. I was successful a female work-friend agreed to see this band that neither one of us was familiar with. We convinced our foreman to let us go and come back after the concert, it didn't hurt that the foreman was my uncle.

I checked the touring schedule for the group in 1983, but it doesn't reference their appearance at Finney Chapel in Oberlin, Ohio, where I saw them perform. The Talking Heads performed in Maine on August 6, and at the Blossom Music Center in Cleveland, Ohio on August 8, 1983. From there they moved on to Maryland for a concert the following day. That pins the date to August 7, of that year as the only available date in Ohio for the performance at the chapel.

I and my friend sat in the balcony -- front and center -- looking directly at the stage. Finney Chapel has about 1,200 seats, so it's a relatively small and intimate place for a concert -- for this group of musicians. There was David Byrne on the stage hurking and then jerking his body in this direction and then in another all over the stage as he performed. The sound was overwhelmingly loud and I was gobsmacked by the whole thing of it. Never had I heard anything quite like this new sound. My female work-friend wasn't able to articulate exactly how she felt about it once we were on our way back to our jobs. What a experience!

So, once again, it is not one song but 2-CD's worth of music that has been in my re-current rotation... David Byrne: American Utopia on Broadway. I have been listening to this on TIDAL Audio in MQA (Master Quality Authentication) through my stereo system, it's a fantastic listen. Two songs from Speaking In Tongues are included: Slippery People and Burning Down the House.

It seems that someone has bootlegged the performance.

Edited by Ron
  • Haha 1