Your current song

4 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I wouldn't know anything about that. I don't listen to The Beatles, because I'm not old.  -_-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRF7MhLwrrQ

I'd never heard of a harp guitar until yesterday. It seems to add an extra (deeper) dimension to the sound compared with a regular guitar. And the closeups on some of his videos show the (regular) guitar strings vibrating much more wildly than I remember ever experiencing when I'd play with my brother's guitar.

And Theo looks like he might actually be in his twenties!
;–)

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

Are you a fan of choruses like the San Francisco Boys Chorus?

Wait, Lemony Snicket is an alumni?!   :blink:

To answer your question, yes, I like groups like Libera, and the American Boychoir School. Sadly, the latter group apparently shut down after filing for bankruptcy in 2017.  :/

I have a lot of different interests in music, but I guess I got "tunnel vision" for the younger artists after I met my kid brother-in-law.  :gikkle:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

@droughtquake The poor guy is falling apart in this one.   :gikkle:

…and the proof starts with his unfortunate ‘fashion’ choices.

Why do I get the feeling they’ve lowered his vocals by an octave or so electronically?

Isn’t he supposed to say ‘It’s just a flesh wound’ or something?

57 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Why do I get the feeling they’ve lowered his vocals by an octave or so electronically?

I thought so, too!  :o  Or at least, I noticed his voice sounded a bit deeper than before. He is a young man, so it's certainly possible that his voice is still developing, or maybe they wanted him to try a different vocal range?  :huh:  As for the clothes, I'm looking at the producers in charge of Wardrobe... <_<

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Haha 1

Okay, this is a whole 90 minute show, not a song, but I just finished watching the Gloria & Emilio Estefan Library of Congress special on PBS (probably only accessible within the US and is only available until the end of May 2019). There were some fun things like Cyndi Lauper & Patti LaBelle singing a duet of a Gloria Estefan song, Rita Moreno singing a Spanish translation of Somewhere, and a Brazilian version of Conga. While trying to find individual songs from the special, I found out that longtime LGBTQ allies Gloria & Emilio’s daughter has a girlfriend!
;–)

For a change of pace, here’s a group who was recording hits in the Eighties! Frankie Goes to Hollywood's members were born between 1959 and 1964. Holly Johnson (lead singer) and Paul Rutherford (dancing) were the two Gay members while the remaining three were straight.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood covers San Jose (The Way) [Dionne Warwick's Do You Know the Way to San Jose]

Frankie Goes to Hollywood covers Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run

I had a mixtape that began with this song and they’d play music before the store opened for the day.
The intro conversation is relatively soft so they’d turn the volume up only to have the music blast out!
So then they’d turn it down and we couldn’t really hear the rest of the tape.
If they’d left it at the original volume everything would have been okay…
;–)

I like this one.
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I usually stick to the "nonvideo" versions of songs.  That's why I love stations like IndieAir, and Sleep Music.  They're just about the sound.

• Haha 1

Here's one of my all time favourite performers, Leonard Cohen, performing at Lissadell House in County Sligo in 2010; at a concert that left me gobsmacked when I attended it. He was still able to hold an audience spellbound; just the same as he had done when I had first seen him perform at the Isle of Wight festival way back in 1970.

• Love 2