Your current song

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Goodbye - Ulrich Schnauss (Memories of Tristan)

Heaven
Help take me back
To the dream-world
Life has been just once
Answer my prayer
Take away all the fear
And let me fall asleep
Let me fall asleep
Fall asleep

You know
You'll have to let it go
Don't cry
So hard to say goodbye

He will never return
Never again be part of what was once
Felt so secure
Just adored
But it is getting oh so cold
It is getting cold
Getting cold

You know
You'll have to let it go
Don't cry
So hard to say goodbye

So hard to say goodbye

You'll have to let it go

So hard to say goodbye

It's all over

He said

~~~

85WNDOH.jpg

Edited by MrM
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched a video of Robbie Williams covering Bohemian Rhapsody live. He cheated by including most of the Queen harmony section as a video. But he doesn't seem to have the range to sing many of the high parts of the song. I'd have to judge his attempt as a huge fail!

You'd think he would have used backup singers to replicate the harmonies that are such a big part of the song. I always thought he was theatrical (in a good way), but in the video he comes off as amateurish when he waves ‘goodbye’ in the middle of the song. I'm sure there were other Queen songs he could have chosen that would have made a much better tribute to Freddie Mercury. (He could have used images of his own exposed ‘bum’ to accompany Fat Bottom Girls, for example.)
;–)

5 hours ago, Cris L said:

Jesus! I just popped into this topic, and after less than 2 pages, can I say if I never ever see or hear the name Oscar Stembridge again it will be a total blessing. 

Sorry about that.  :(  I try not to repeat the same videos over and over, but he's the only artist I follow on Youtube who posts "new content" with any regularity. I should check my notification settings.  :unsure2:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Haha 1
On 12/25/2018 at 5:06 PM, Tiger said:

Too young for my taste. 

I think this song might be a little older than I am. :music:

[Steve Miller Band – The Joker video]

7 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Sorry about that.  :(  I try not to repeat the same videos over and over, but he's the only artist I follow on Youtube who posts "new content" with any regularity. I should check my notification settings.  :unsure2:

You know, back when the first complaint about Oscar popped up, Page restrained himself from linking to Oscar's version of The Joker
;–)

11 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I watched a video of Robbie Williams covering Bohemian Rhapsody live. He cheated by including most of the Queen harmony section as a video. But he doesn't seem to have the range to sing many of the high parts of the song. I'd have to judge his attempt as a huge fail!

You'd think he would have used backup singers to replicate the harmonies that are such a big part of the song. I always thought he was theatrical (in a good way), but in the video he comes off as amateurish when he waves ‘goodbye’ in the middle of the song. I'm sure there were other Queen songs he could have chosen that would have made a much better tribute to Freddie Mercury. (He could have used images of his own exposed ‘bum’ to accompany Fat Bottom Girls, for example.)
;–)

I have admit that Oscar did a better job than Robbie on Bohemian Rhapsody, but it's clear he's still a young child who needs to work on his timing and practice his piano more. I'm sure part of it is that his fingers and hands struggle with adult-sized instruments and that he'll grow into a better musician.

Spoiler

I'm not as big a fan of Oscar Stembridge as Page Scrawler is.
;–)

30 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I just wish they had been able to use a mixing board to adjust the volume of the trumpets in a few places to emphasize the vocals more.

Declan's voice gets "buried" under the instruments and back-up singers towards the end...but it still shows the power of his voice.  :)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

I just wish they had been able to use a mixing board to adjust the volume of the trumpets in a few places to emphasize the vocals more.

I was listening to different Mariachi version of Bohemian Rhapsody (with male voices) and I was amused to notice the same sorts of Spanish-accent pronunciations as I hear from my Mexican, Salvadoran, and Guatamalan neighbors. When I worked in department stores, I'd get used to hearing Chinese-influenced and Tagalog-influenced English too. I remember one woman from China who would page people to the ‘Men Department’ or the ‘Shoes Department’ (there were several separate women's departments in that store).
;–)