2022 Anthology "Anniversary" - Discussion Thread

• Site Administrator

Please post any questions/discussion about the 2022 Anthology here.  There is a separate thread to post the story links once they've been uploaded.  

• Like 4

@Aditus

I'm getting Urban Cowboy vibes. Are you writing something with John Travolta in it?

EDIT

Love the woman with the pink cowboy hat. That'd be a prompt I might be interested in tackling. hint hint

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Mrsgnomie

Oh, good! I love stories where someone stomps on somebody else. Looking forward to mayhem!

If it’s her it will be MAYHEM, no, @Mrsgnomie ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
23 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Y'all act like @Carlos Hazday doesn't have some crazy crap going down in his stories. Like he didn't leave everyone dangling from a cliff for two years...

More like 3, but what's 365 days amongst friends? And I'm sure it was worth it. I mean, my MC ended up covered in blood after the gun went off. Did I mention I enjoy violence in stories?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
48 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

More like 3, but what's 365 days amongst friends? And I'm sure it was worth it. I mean, my MC ended up covered in blood after the gun went off. Did I mention I enjoy violence in stories?

Forgive me for mischief-making but I smell blood.  Mrs G v KBois and now Carlos H v Mrs G, perhaps.  

you people are the tops.  Ve had not the best week at work and now I’m smiling. Thank you both xxx

• Love 3
  • Wow 1
17 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Did I mention I enjoy violence in stories?

I would never behead someone or two in my stories, at least not in this one. :no:

Edited by Aditus
  • Haha 3
  • 4 weeks later...

(Reads conversation of blood and violence, walks slowly way...) :lmao: 

I am contemplating something different for a story involving a boy and a hairy monster in the woods since we are in camping season. However, I'm trying to figure out how to organize this plot still. Would be fun to offer it as an anniversary story.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Well, I just finished the story...don't know how folks will take it as I don't usually write in this particular genre and it's quite a departure from how modern authors write in this genre. Let's see what reader reactions are.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

Well it looks like I need an editor to help with my story. I put out a request a couple of days ago but up to now there has been no response but there is still plenty of time, so fingers crossed 🤞

I’m happy to help out if you want to send it my way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mancunian said:

Well it looks like I need an editor to help with my story. I put out a request a couple of days ago but up to now there has been no response but there is still plenty of time, so fingers crossed 🤞

Yes, I've been waiting for about a week now for an editor as well, there's time still for hope. I am glad @Mrsgnomie is helping you out :) 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, W_L said:

Yes, I've been waiting for about a week now for an editor as well, there's time still for hope. I am glad @Mrsgnomie is helping you out :) 

I hope you are successful in finding an editor, unfortunately editing is not one of my strengths or I'd help. I'm lucky that an author as good as Mrsgnomie has offered to help me, I hope you are as fortunate too.

• Like 2