2022 Anthology "Anniversary" - Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Mancunian said:

With help from @Mrsgnomie I've been able to resubmit my story for the anthology. Thanks to her skills my story now reads so much better, I have learned some valuable lessons and cannot thank her enough.

My pleasure!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Just an FYI to anthology authors... the proof team is a bit overwhelmed with submissions at the moment (which is a great problem to have!).  So keep the stories coming in, and we'll get to them as soon as we can.  I'll be replying to all my PMs shortly.  

Sounds like a great problem. Maybe it means more and more authors will participate in the future. I know I am.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Sounds like a great problem. Maybe it means more and more authors will participate in the future. I know I am.

Some of us just need the balls to jump in and start writing ✍️ 

Edited by Gary L
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Site Administrator

:yes:  We're over halfway to my goal of 20. I'm really hoping we get at least close!

• Love 3
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Gary L said:

Some of us just need the balls to jump in and start writing ✍️ 

The only way to do it is to just start.  The prompts are a great starting point.  I know quite a few authors on the site who started off writing weekly prompts.  A lot of them (myself included) ended up writing longer works inspired by prompt responses.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Just an FYI to anthology authors... the proof team is a bit overwhelmed with submissions at the moment (which is a great problem to have!).  So keep the stories coming in, and we'll get to them as soon as we can.  I'll be replying to all my PMs shortly.  

Thanks for all your and the teams hardwork, this will be a really nice cross-section of stories

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Damn! I just realized my anthology submission will be the 50th story I post on GA.

I'd like to thank everyone involved in this effort for surprising me and using the theme to celebrate my achievement. :rofl:

¡Tienes la cara más dura de GA!  

Nevertheless, a great achievement and thanks for sharing your talent with your readers.  🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

• Like 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Damn! I just realized my anthology submission will be the 50th story I post on GA.

I'd like to thank everyone involved in this effort for surprising me and using the theme to celebrate my achievement. :rofl:

That’s pretty awesome!!! Congratulations!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Damn! I just realized my anthology submission will be the 50th story

1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

but I never thought I'd write so many

And off to one hundred.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2

What are these ‘short stories’ you speak of? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Honestly, I stopped the novels for a year or so and wrote shorts and novellas. Went back to a 35+ chapter novel, and I'm back to the shorts. I do have a novella written and ready to go next year, but between now and then, I'm enjoying turning what would be chapters into short stories. It allows me to get things I want to share out faster.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

50?

Daaammmmnnn. Exactly how much free time do you have? 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 3