Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 3,724 Words
  • 3,125 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Death in the Shadows - 5. Chapter 5: Comprehending Crime

He laid there. Slack-jawed and speechless. With his legs wrapped around Mason’s waist, Vincent tried to catch his breath. The man that had swooped into his life, the one who had just made love to him had proposed. Tears formed as he squeaked, “Y-yes. Yes, I’ll marry you.”

Mason exhaled harshly, smiled, then lowered himself to kiss Vincent. The movement caused them to moan, as they were still attached to the other. He whimpered inside Mason’s mouth as the man exited him.

“Vinnie… You make me so proud.”

Vincent palmed Mason’s cheek, rubbing a tear away with his thumb. “We’re mates. I still want to marry you, but… is it necessary?”

Shaking his head, Mason moved to lay. “No, but I want you in every way possible. I didn’t even think about it until just now. I… I just want to make you the happiest man on Earth."

"You already did."

They cuddled for a few more minutes before taking a shower. Mason didn't waste time in committing to the marriage. He video-called his parents to inform them of the news. Needless to say, Lei and Elaine were ecstatic! They advised them to look into silicone bands, since they would safely snap if an immediate shift was required.

After he hung up, Mason looked at several websites, pointing out a few designs. "I like this one."

Vincent peered at the screen and smiled. That's so cool! It's a treeline with a setting sun. "Me too."

"How about we head to the jewelry store and get sized? Then I'll place the order."

"Sounds good. Maybe order a few of each?"

Mason nodded and saved the online cart. After their measurements, they celebrated with a dimly-lit dinner in Mesker Park City. The two couldn't take their eyes off one another. Vincent's heart was aflutter. It's almost like when he bit me. We're renewing our bond, but in a more public manner.

They discussed the different venue options and how they wanted the ceremony to happen. Both loved the idea of having the wedding during a pack meeting. "It seems like the best idea," murmured Mason. "The pack gets to attend, no extra scheduling, and it'll be romantic as fuck."

"Yeah. I'd love to see you in a tux in front of a raging bonfire." Vincent reached over the table and interlocked his fingers with Mason's. "Best part's going to be the honeymoon. I can take us anywhere in the world."

"Hell, we can make multiple stops! I wouldn't mind going to every island in the Bahamas."

"Maybe Alpha Meyer would let us roam the Black Woods."

Mason flashed his eyes. "Didn't even think about giving our wolves their own honeymoon. We could go on a National Forest tour!"

Their ideas were endless, but decided to create an itinerary later once the wedding plans were made. One question lingered in Vincent's mind. "Who's going to officiate the ceremony?"

"It'll be Dave. Since it's the Alpha getting married, the duty falls to the Beta. Pack marriages are slightly different than a typical human one, pup. There’s no change in ceremony, but there’s no bridesmaids or groomsmen. Just the two marrying and the ranking official.”

“Huh. I think that sounds more romantic. Puts the focus on the two’s commitment.”

“Exactly. Lycans keep things simple. We show up, give each other our vows, Dave’ll announce us as married, then we go off to have awesome sex.”

Vincent giggled. “I like simple.”

Leaving the restaurant, Mason drove them home. With plenty of time before bed, the alphas decided to go for a run in the woods. Once shifted, Mason followed Vincent’s gray and blue wolf, rubbing furs along the trek.

***

“Are you sure this is the best starting point?”

“Without a doubt,” Tierney said, opening the door. He allowed Fenn to enter first, but remained close behind. Not sure how—

The familiar alarm tone rang. Shortly after, Barrett walked through the door behind the counter, brushing wood-shavings off his arms. The bear sneered and dipped his head slightly. “Beta Andrews, seems you found some company?”

Fenn took a deep breath, then nodded. “Mr. Strasbaugh, I think you met Alpha Scott a few days ago.”

“Yes, sir.”

Watching the interaction, Tierney smiled when Fenn’s face twinged. Good. He’s genuine about wanting to change this land. I think titles will be hushed once he finds his council.

“That’s not necessary, Barrett. I’m here to thank you.”

Barrett glanced at Tierney before crossing his arms. “What for?”

“You put Alpha Scott on the—”

Tierney cleared his throat.

The beta smirked and shook his head. “Sorry… You put Tierney on the right track when he came here a few days ago. Because of your actions, the EC was able to step in and apprehend Robert, Dalton, and Hunter.”

The bear’s face turned pale. “Th-the Alpha? He’s… He’s out?”

“Yes, and as of now, I’m running the territory. I was hinted to start my venture here.”

“Here?”

Fenn handed Barrett a file. “I need to say a few things. I’ll be announcing this at the upcoming emergency pack meeting, but both Tierney and I wanted to tell you first. All store taxes across the territory will be dropped from nineteen percent to three, effective immediately.”

Contrary to what he was expecting, Tierney couldn’t help but smile as Barrett put a fist to his mouth. The bear simply stared at the tan folder and sobbed. The alpha smelled the relief and happiness pouring from the ursus. He turned to the beta. I see his eyes; they’re sparkling. He just delivered life-altering news to one of his people. That’s why I wanted you to start here, Fenn. Get a taste of what it’s like to turn a pack around.

“Second,” Fenn continued, “I did some digging. You’ve been working with some of the other shop owners during Robert’s reign. You helped create a coupon-based system for them to promote each other's businesses with your respective customers.”

Drying his eyes, Barrett nodded.

“That file has a proposal I’d like for you to look at. Since I’m taking over, I created a system of my own, and I want you to be a part of it.”

“A-a part? What do you mean?”

“A council position, of sorts. Nothing like we’re all used to; something similar to our neighbors in MPCP. Since this pack’s so widespread, I need a much bigger council than just an alpha, beta, and delta. I’d like for you to act as Commerce Chair for the territory. It’s a voluntary position with no pay, but you and your household will have no dues while in office.”

“I…” Barrett looked between the folder and Fenn. “I’d like to think about it, sir. But I’m honored to be considered.”

“Absolutely, take your time. Here’s my number if you have any questions.”

Fenn and Tierney shook hands with the store owner, but before they could leave, Barrett called out, “Wait! What’d you mean by making your own system?”

The beta smiled. “No more tyrannical bullshit. The council will act equally with a collection of chairmen advisors to help us listen to the people. I’m still determining what concepts and areas require chairmen, but I know I need one for commerce.”

“But am I the right person?”

Palming the doorknob, Fenn snorted. “You opened the way for Tierney to find out about Robert’s mishandling of our pack. I want someone who can speak their mind if the council loses touch.”

Barrett smirked. “I think I can do that. Anything to prevent another Stormy from poppin’ up.”

Tierney and Fenn left the store. The alpha patted the earth mage on the back as they walked to their cars. “Excellent work! Between you and the guys at MPCP, you’re going to change the way future councils are formed.”

Shrugging, Fenn pocketed his hands. “I’m not sure about that, but I just can’t think about working with another alpha.”

“I understand. Just keep in mind not all are like Stuerm.”

“I know. I never got around to thanking you.”

“It’s not necessary.”

Fenn halted. “Yeah, it is. It’s been Powell doing the evaluations for years. If you didn’t show up… I’m not sure how much longer these shifters would’ve lasted.”

Seeing the beta scowl, Tierney sighed. “I’m not Aliz, but I’ve seen packs run by people like Stuerm. Shifters are smart enough to move, even if it means abandoning everything they have. Take OCP’s new enforcer. From what I’ve been told, Caleb and his family traveled across the country in search of a home. Have faith in your people, Fenn. It goes a long way.”

After a silent moment, he nodded. “I will, sir.”

“None of that. You hold land, remember?” Tierney clapped Fenn’s back once more and walked away. “I’m an hour away; call me if you need me, all right?”

“Don’t worry. You’ll hear from me.”

Making it to his Lincoln MKX, Tierney couldn’t stop smiling. Man, that felt good! I think he’ll do fine over the next few months. His plan for three betas as a council might work, but they’ll need to be carefully picked. One wrong choice, and there’ll be a coup. He shook his head. Nah, Fenn’s bright. He’s strategic enough to overthrow an alpha. There’s no reason to worry.

An hour later, he was home. His heartbeat increased as he saw the burnt-orange Dodge Neon. She’s here. Probably helping Penny decorate. Stepping out of his vehicle, his wolf longed to have the tigress. Easy there. These things take time.

Want her.

Patience is key. Her tiger’s a strong one, and she won’t be swayed overnight.

Can try.

Snickering, he opened the door. With each passing day, more furniture and decor appeared. Between the stager and the cook, the styles surprisingly coexisted. It actually looks like a home!

“T, get your butt in here!”

Yep, sounds like one too. Following the yell, he entered the kitchen. He immediately noticed the large, hanging pot-rack. Skillets, sauce pans, and various utensils dangled motionless above the granite counters. That’s new. As he examined the workspace, every object was prestinely placed. Morrine rested against the stove, sharpening a large butcher’s knife with a honing rod. He raised an eyebrow. “Hope you’re not into that kind of stuff.”

She laughed. “I’m not that kinky, Casanova. My claws do just fine.”

“Yes, they do.” He approached, never taking his eyes off hers. Her stare was tantalizing. “Nini’s close early?”

Setting her tools down, she laced her hand around his hip. “Never. I picked up a porter from Biacci’s last month. Kid got tired of getting his ass chewed out on a daily, came in asking for a job, and I hired ‘im on the spot.”

“Sorry, porter?”

“Low cook that chops veggies and bread. Couldn’t offer him the same pay, but after a few hours he was smokin’ the rest of the crew. Made him my assistant, and he’s been a lifesaver.”

He chuckled. “Guess that means I’m out of the kitchen then?”

“Dream on! I could use some eye candy around the shop.”

Tierney growled and inched closer. “Candy’s not good for you.”

Her purr was barely audible. “Your stager’s upstairs.”

“I don’t care.” Leaning in, he kissed her. He heard light footsteps coming from the stairwell. Growling, he ceased and whispered, “We’ll pick this up later, my fireball.”

Breathless, she combed through her hair. “Whatever you say, loverboy.”

The stager, Penny, rounded the corner with a clipboard. “Mr. Scott, good to see you again!”

“Likewise, Miss Stovall.”

“All righty, I got a few ideas for your office and study upstairs.” She handed a notepad to Tierney.

Looking at it, he grumbled. “I like it all except for the mounts. Not exactly a fan of animal heads. I think I have a plaque that’ll fit in that spot.”

“That’ll work; adds to the room’s prestige. I’ll order a few more things and everything should be done by the end of the month.”

“Sounds great! I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done here.”

The lady blushed and took back her pad. “It’s a pleasure! The office saw the pictures of what we’ve done so far, and the owner’s thinking about adding a decoration offer for homebuyers. You really helped add to my portfolio.”

“If the realty goes through with that, I’ll be sure to add a testimonial.”

“That would be awesome! I’ll let them know. Thanks for your help, Miss Schultz!”

Morrine waved as Penny walked away. Once the door closed, the tiger huffed. “Slut.”

Concerned, Tierney glared. “Morr! She’s been very helpful.”

“C’mon, T! Tell me you didn’t see her pushing her boobs towards you.”

“She was?” He recalled the conversation. She inched closer when I took the papers, but I don't remember what she did.

Her mouth opened, then closed with a smile. “You really didn't. She’s been all over you.”

“That’s all fine and dandy, but I’m not interested in her.” He looped his hand around her back. “I only have eyes for you.”

She leaned onto him and rubbed her head on his shoulder. The sound of her purrs soothed his nerves. Really needed this after the last few days.

***

His stomach churned. Sitting at a dead man’s desk.

Dirk couldn’t move his fingers on the keyboard. The thought bothered him, but he always compartmentalized it. Nothing different from back home, I guess. Reclining in the chair, he looked around the station to clear his mind. He grumbled and returned to the computer screen, searching through the different reports.

Arson’s the worst! There’s never any clues, but this one’s just as difficult. He zoomed in on Shaw’s last act. The strange writing produced a broad suspect list, and the joint-FBI team had interviewed half of the department. There’s gotta be something…

Movement caught his eye from across the room. “Ingle.”

The lycan turned and walked towards him. “What’s up, D?”

“You knew Shaw better than anyone, right? Who was he the closest to around here?”

“Me and Chief. He’s been hanging around Mace and Vincent ever since Stefan got to him. Other than that, he was a loner. Just him, his TV, and his cigarettes.”

Growling under his breath, Dirk clicked on the active suspect list. “FBI’s gone through names starting with B, D, and E. Just leaves F, P, and R.”

“Are they doing thorough interviews?”

The bear could smell the anger on the officer. “Yeah, they got a good squad. One of them’s telepathic, so thoughts won’t go missed.”

Ingle sighed and shook his head. “Sorry. I’ve been on edge about all this, man.”

“Just take a deep breath, okay? Clear your head. Can’t look at facts without one.”

“I hear ya.”

Pulling out a paper-copy from a folder, Dirk handed it to him. “Mind circling any names you know Shaw interacted with regularly?”

Nodding, Ingle took the empty desk in front of Dirk’s.

In the meantime, he grabbed the autopsy report. Nine millimeter… kneecapped from behind, then another round went in the shoulder from the front. Can’t trace the gun since they policed their brass, and there’s too many options for the possible firearm. Pinching his cheekbones, he tried to visualize the scene. The kneecap had to be the first one. No way someone shoots a shoulder then hits a kneecap when they’re prone. A headshot would’ve made more sense there. Shaw gets hit from behind, rolls over, sees the suspect, gets shot again… and they let him write on the wall?

They left him. They thought he’d just keel over from the smoke. That’s when he left the letter. Bringing up the photos, he drew on a piece of paper. Once the apartment layout was done, he put the pieces together. From Vincent’s knowledge, the door and window were blocked. Hallway to the bedroom had extensive damage, so blocked. He couldn’t get to his gun. The letter was his only out. His heart ached. He knew he was going to die there… and he still had the balls to fight.

Biting his lip, he gave Shaw respect. The memory of meeting Vincent came to mind. How have I doubted humanity for so long? They’re so… perseverant! They know their limits, and yet continue to push the boundaries even if their desired outcome’s impossible. Why?

On the desk laid a badge. He rummaged through the drawers when his station was assigned, and set it next to the monitor. Shaw. From what I hear, you went after Vincent pretty hard. You faced Gregoro without blinking a fuckin’ eye. And now you give us this message with your dying breath. All for the name of justice?

He palmed the badge and saw a speck on the shield. Scraping it off with his thumb, he set it back into place. I’ll find whoever did this to you.

With newfound determination, he refocused on how the human died. Shot in the knee, then the shoulder. He had to be on the ground before the second shot. If I were him, I would’ve tried to trip the gunman. Does that mean he was stunned? Dirk knew humans didn’t take pain well, but when shot by a gun, their adrenaline kicks in to numb the pain. A trained officer like Shaw would’ve tried to make a move. Negotiation’s out the window; Gregoro was torching the place.

He came to a conclusion. Must’ve been someone out of the ordinary. It’s gotta be someone we’d never look at. Glancing at Ingle, he dismissed the notion. No way. He’s too pissed off about the death, and none of the potential letters match up with his name. Thinking about approaching Henry, Dirk tossed the option out and headed to the conference room. FBI’s the priority. Completely unbiased, and they’re the ones interviewing.

Relaying his findings to the lead, they were impressed and added the theory to their reports. Now it comes down to who Shaw interacted with. Better check with Ingle.

The lycan’s list was short. Dirk gritted his teeth. Either the murderer’s on this list, or I’ll need to start from scratch. He handed the sheet off to the FBI and returned to his desk. Staring at the screen, he grew more obsessed with the burned blood. He right-clicked and set the photo as his desktop wallpaper.

“Yo! Earth to Dirk?”

Snapping out of the trance, he looked at Ingle.

“You’ve been staring at that screen for a while. How ‘bout we go get a coffee? Clear our heads a little, huh?”

“Yeah, could use a break.” He rose and headed for the breakroom, but Ingle motioned for the exit. Good, we’re getting actual coffee. The stuff they got in there’s like black-tar heroin, but without the heroin. Remembering his cup from earlier, he shivered and followed the lycan outside.

Strolling side by side, the shifters aimed for the cafe a few blocks away. Ingle wouldn’t shut up about it. “Real convenient spot. Great for the mornings when you need something on your stomach.”

“Any recommendations?”

“Apple tarts. No doubt about it. Crumbly shell filled with warm, chunky applesauce.”

“Oh…” His bear whined, demanding a few of the treats. Licking his lips, he caught the forming drool. “Hope they use cinnamon.”

Ingle rolled his eyes and nodded. “It’d be a crime if they didn’t. Get their cider while you can; they stop selling it around January.”

“Trying to make me fat?”

“Nah, you already got enough padding.” The officer playfully smacked Dirk’s belly, causing both of them to laugh. “Aw, shit! It’s finally good to have someone to joke around with.”

“C’mon! No one here likes fun?”

“Eh… Taylor and Kidman’s all right, but other than them and Poll, it’s all sticklers and dipshits.”

Hearing his destined’s name made Dirk smile. Good to know she’s not all gameface behind the uniform. “Dipshits?”

“I’m exaggerating a bit, but some of the new badges are too green. They’ve been on traffic stops for too long, so they’re itchin’ for action.”

The bear snorted. “Back in New York, that’d get ‘em killed.”

“You gonna tell them that?”

“I might if they piss me off.”

Ingle snickered. “I won’t be surprised if Chief has you talk to the newest class. The minute Mace told him about you, he went all googly-eyed!”

“What do you mean went? He still is! Good guy and all, but if he parades me around the office one more time, I’ll start to think he’s trying to get in my pants.”

“That’s hilarious! Everyone keeps talkin’ about how you’re constantly rolling your eyes when he does that.”

Growling, Dirk shoved his hands in his pockets. “It irritates me. Must be a human thing.”

“It is, but Henry’s got a good head on his shoulders. Between us three and the FBI, we’ll get this figured out.”

At the coffee shop, both men ordered the largest cup offered, along with several tarts. The bear reclined, admiring the store. Almost looks like home, but it’s got a touch of southern living to it. The people are nicer and more willing to get to know who you are. Not sure if I like or dislike that. Guess there’s nothing wrong with it. Between bites and sips, he listened and learned more about his new friend.

***

Interview’s tomorrow. I’ll have to be cool, calm, and collected. No thoughts either! I heard the FBI brought their own telepath. Good thing they won’t be expecting me. I’ll just feed them some sad bullshit while I listen to their thoughts.

Doesn’t get me off the hook though. I still need to find time to burn or bury my clothes… and get rid of the gun. At least I kept Mom’s Browning when I moved out all those years ago. She always harped on me to protect myself. Sorry, Mom… I couldn’t use mine. Can’t risk it all coming back to me. Hope you’ll forgive me for putting that mutt-lover down.

There’s just so many of them here. It’s disgusting! I let the Hunters Association know about the town, but they haven’t sent out anyone. Lazy… or smart. Now there’s three alphas here! Yeah, they’re playing it smart. Owensville’s full of them, so they’d consider it suicide.

Just need to play dumb and buy some time. In a couple months, I’ll be gone and away from these monsters.

Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 29
  • Wow 14
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, astone2292 said:

I recall a line from RitS when Vin was awarded Mesker Park City. Mason mentioned he wasn't concerned with a takeover since it would generate too much news in today's time. How do hunters deal with this concept? I can't imagine groups of humans going to towns guns-a-blazin'. It always seemed a little off when stories created the hunters-vs-shifters warzone, as if the civilians would just stay indoors and not look. Would the hunters find ways to incriminate the known shifter leaders? Do they get personal and secretly poison them? I'll need to think about this when telling future stories...

The logical plan would be to ambush them all at a pack meeting or take them out while they're in shifter form.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, drpaladin said:

The logical plan would be to ambush them all at a pack meeting or take them out while they're in shifter form.

I can imagine a team of FBI agents investigating a mass murder scene at the amphitheater. In today's time, such a happening in a small town might hit national news. Stack up too many bodies, and that might cause a spotlight to be shone on the Hunter's Association, causing a reveal of the supernatural world. Considering this group hasn't already declared the existence, they want to keep quiet as well. 

At least, it's the way I read the scenario :whistle:

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
34 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

I can imagine a team of FBI agents investigating a mass murder scene at the amphitheater. In today's time, such a happening in a small town might hit national news. Stack up too many bodies, and that might cause a spotlight to be shone on the Hunter's Association, causing a reveal of the supernatural world. Considering this group hasn't already declared the existence, they want to keep quiet as well. 

At least, it's the way I read the scenario :whistle:

It presumes a crime scene and bodies would be found or interpreted as a crime scene. It also assumes the FBI is infallible and incorruptible.

The FBI has been to my small town quite often and they've yet to successfully solve a significant case other than one extortion and a bank robbery. Both were committed by complete morons. The extortionist made his demands via an audio tape in his own undisguised voice and had the money delivered across the road from his house.

Let's counter-assume the hunters are not morons and have ways and means to tidy their messes.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

It presumes a crime scene and bodies would be found or interpreted as a crime scene. It also assumes the FBI is infallible and incorruptible.

The FBI has been to my small town quite often and they've yet to successfully solve a significant case other than one extortion and a bank robbery. Both were committed by complete morons. The extortionist made his demands via an audio tape in his own undisguised voice and had the money delivered across the road from his house.

Let's counter-assume the hunters are not morons and have ways and means to tidy their messes.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing FBI in action, but I can only hope they can handle a major conflict when one would arise. :)

Still, if the hunters could tidy up things, having several missing people in a town might raise some questions. 

We'll see whether the FBI team sent to Owensville is competent or not in a few chapters...

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, astone2292 said:

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing FBI in action, but I can only hope they can handle a major conflict when one would arise. :)

Still, if the hunters could tidy up things, having several missing people in a town might raise some questions. 

We'll see whether the FBI team sent to Owensville is competent or not in a few chapters...

Some years ago the city wanted to erect a weLcome sign with a catchy phrase. My suggestion was, "Come Here and Disappear." They failed to see the humor.

We have lots of missing folks here.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Some years ago the city wanted to erect a weLcome sign with a catchy phrase. My suggestion was, "Come Here and Disappear." They failed to see the humor.

We have lots of missing folks here.

We're any of them ripped/in very good shape? They might have been shifters...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Ajbt2001 said:

I love me some hangers on of cliffs, Aaron, you soooo totally rock with this chapter. :kiss:

For some reason, I keep thinking I'll be absuing cliffhangers with this book. So much is about to happen! As much as I want to give hints, all I can say is buckle up buckaroos. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Crazy good chapter, I hope the mind-reader is better than the killer , interesting developments ahead

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Crazy good chapter, I hope the mind-reader is better than the killer , interesting developments ahead

Thanks for reading, mikedup! I can't wait to show y'all what's going to happen next. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Interesting clues here.  The mole is human/mage, but doesn't set off bells in the presence of other mages.  Definitely on the FBI interview list tomorrow, so is on the police force.  Not sure if the mole is male or female, so that means Sarah is still on the suspect list.  

Marriage and a honeymoon to plan have Mason and Vincent in high spirits.  A world tour would be in order, and Dave will be able to handle the pack. Fenn is trying to improve things for his pack with a good plan for reorganising the structure of leadership.  I wish him well. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, raven1 said:

Interesting clues here.  The mole is human/mage, but doesn't set off bells in the presence of other mages.  Definitely on the FBI interview list tomorrow, so is on the police force.  Not sure if the mole is male or female, so that means Sarah is still on the suspect list.  

Marriage and a honeymoon to plan have Mason and Vincent in high spirits.  A world tour would be in order, and Dave will be able to handle the pack. Fenn is trying to improve things for his pack with a good plan for reorganising the structure of leadership.  I wish him well. 

🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Uh Oh why would they tell that there is a mind reader doing the investigation? That is like telling a suspect he is off the books cause the true witness can't get their facts straight! I would have kept that piece of info quiet so that the killer wouldn't know. Yes, Vincent said YES! The wedding of a lifetime and honeymoon to boot! 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

Uh Oh why would they tell that there is a mind reader doing the investigation? That is like telling a suspect he is off the books cause the true witness can't get their facts straight! I would have kept that piece of info quiet so that the killer wouldn't know. Yes, Vincent said YES! The wedding of a lifetime and honeymoon to boot! 

Hmm. So far, we can assume only Dirk and Ingle know about the FBI telepath, but now so does the murderer. From the last chapter of Rising in the Shadows, Stefan revealed the accomplice was a telepath themselves. I doubt nothing is a secret to them. Minds tend to be blabbermouths. :whistle:

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I’m just going to assume the mole lived in momma’s basement way, way into adulthood. I doubt it’s a new character. Stacy? Hmm

  • Wow 3
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Dan South said:

I’m just going to assume the mole lived in momma’s basement way, way into adulthood. I doubt it’s a new character. Stacy? Hmm

Evil Plan Plotting GIF by Red Fang

I'll maniacally cackle shortly when you find out...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..